Topic: Annihilation

Directory Link

Annihilation

Annihilation

A Lego short. My dad told me about the movie were the guy comes out of the room and says 'say hello to my little friend' so I decided to make it into Lego. I have never seen that movie so I just made it up. It also wasn't very long because I am working on a bigger project. So be patient.

Last edited by LTWProductions (July 27, 2011 (05:12pm))

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5232/5888638190_6ce46b1d91.jpg

Re: Annihilation

cool:)
could be slightly smoother but I like it mini/wink
ANIMATIONISAAC

it was okay the camera quality was okay but it needs to be slightly smoother 3 stars mini/smile

GAMEH0R5E

"today i fell and rubed my knee on the rug and slamed my face into my class door coming from spanish going to home and then recces"- Stephen in the chat room

if you can tell me were it wasn't smooth and how to improve, that would be great.

Pretty Good, though in real life he would of gotten shot while he was saying 'say hello to my little friend'.
Also, you don't have to have a title saying 'Subscribe' which is 20 seconds long...

3.5/5

-Rob

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

Personally guns and violence and overused and a little silly, but purely from a filmmaking point of view I thought this was rather good. The animation for me was fine, so I don't know what other people are complaining about, other then the fact it doesn't have much easing in/easing out. The quality lacked, either because of your settings (It may be the ISO) or because the lighting set-up wasn't bright enough, but that can be remedied.

Overall not bad, just try and think up of a better story next time and it'll make a great film.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

RobBrick wrote:

Pretty Good, though in real life he would of gotten shot while he was saying 'say hello to my little friend'.
Also, you don't have to have a title saying 'Subscribe' which is 20 seconds long...

3.5/5

-Rob

in the description i said I had never seen that movie so I just made it up. but yes, he would have gotten shot. as for the ending title, I made it long since it was at the end, and the music stopped there. But thanks for the rating!

Onion wrote:

Personally guns and violence and overused and a little silly, but purely from a filmmaking point of view I thought this was rather good. The animation for me was fine, so I don't know what other people are complaining about, other then the fact it doesn't have much easing in/easing out. The quality lacked, either because of your settings (It may be the ISO) or because the lighting set-up wasn't bright enough, but that can be remedied.

Overall not bad, just try and think up of a better story next time and it'll make a great film.

Thanks! I was trying to make the films HD since MJ wont shoot in anything higher then 800x600 so I stretched it to wide screen. That's probably why it looks bad. And I think I need more lights. Like 3, or 4

The biggest problem was definitely the plot (or the lack thereof).  Next time try to make more of a plot than "a guy walks into a room and shoots people."  The animation was decent, but it could use a little more ease in/ease out, and the dolly shot was really choppy.  Try making the camera move a little each frame, rather than having it move only the the minifig moves.  There was no light flicker, but the lighting was a bit inconsistent, as it was too dark in some places and too bright in others.  Still, despite my negative comments, it still shows promise.  Keep it up.:)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6076/6098151743_b26c6b4522.jpg

Just so we don't have to keep saying "that movie", the film the quote originates from is Scarface. mini/wink