Re: Stranger than Fishin'

^ Tchya. You said it pal.

Worthy of an Oscar! mini/eek

Rich wrote:

Don't want to put a downer on all the positive feedback, but did nobody else notice some light flicker/ exposure changes? It was quite noticeable on the blue background, I think I have light flicker OCD.... and also I felt it would have been funnier if as soon as Dane Cook was fished out he was thrown back in again, but I suppose that was part of the plot for later. Other than that, I really enjoyed the animation, the little flourishes put in and the set design.

Yeah I also noticed a few flickers too. But other than that this was sensational animation. I lol'd at Joh's and I spotted your sigfig at the start (well I bet everybody did so... mini/tongue )Great job.

-Tejas VIM

Very well put together... very smooth and precise. Quite a materpiece.  mini/delirium

"I caught you a delicious bass."

-Napoleon Dynamite

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That was the best animation, voice acting, lighting, camera stuffs I've seen in months (if not all year maybe). Brilliant humour, right up there with KG.

Well done good sir.

After seeing this, I have one thing and one thing only to say to you! mini/madhead ...

Awesome... Just awesome.

First and formost, the animation was flawless. The story was hillarious and filled with comedy, and drama, and action, and adventure... Okay, maybe not all of that, but at least the comedy part. The voice acting was very clean sounding, almost professional like.

In other words, my rating, and I'm sure many on here are to agree: 10 of 10 purely for the shark finding his wrench... When those two where reunited, the love was in the air...

Okay, maybe it was just the fishy smell from the shark...

P.S. TO THE NUIMOBILE!!

mini/jaw

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bioniclehero/Titles/new_sig_title.png
Update Thread | Trailer (Coming Soon) | Casting Call

Please don't bump threads like that... thanks mini/wink

Why not? Newer members might not have seen the brickfilm yet.

-pacific

Bumping threads is acceptable as long as it's on-topic. This is especially true for Releases threads, as people don't always discover a film right away.

Personally, I think people need to stop getting so angry about stuff like this. mini/tongue
Come on, I don't think it's against the rules, and it's nice to get more feedback on things, or continue the discussion.

And to not be too far off topic, I totally loved this film. I first watched it at Brickfair last year, twas brilliant. I enjoy the total smoothness of this animation, and it was very funny. I found the classical music extremely fitting, and the physics of the flying objects were just stunning.

Only downside to this movie would be the clay, which at times, is rather visible. mini/confused
But a wonderful film still. mini/smile

Mad Brick wrote:

Worthy of an Oscar!

Unfortunately, I believe this film is not eligible. mini/sad
For a film to get nominated, it must first be shown at a theater in LA, before being show anywhere else (such as YouTube)
Correct me if I'm incorrect, but I think that's how it is.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
Mad Brick wrote:

Worthy of an Oscar!

Unfortunately, I believe this film is not eligible. mini/sad
For a film to get nominated, it must first be shown at a theater in LA, before being show anywhere else (such as YouTube)
Correct me if I'm incorrect, but I think that's how it is.

Dude, it's just a phrase to express that the film is really good! No brickfilm will ever get an Oscar mini/lol  I'm sorry but get real, no brickfilm will be shown in the theaters anyways unless you have a home theater or somethin' like that. mini/wink

Jargon wrote:

Bumping threads is acceptable as long as it's on-topic. This is especially true for Releases threads, as people don't always discover a film right away.

Okay, so, I can bump all the Releases threads? mini/tongue

EDIT: Sorry, off-topic.

LarryStudios wrote:

Dude, it's just a phrase to express that the film is really good! No brickfilm will ever get an Oscar mini/lol  I'm sorry but get real, no brickfilm will be shown in the theaters anyways unless you have a home theater or somethin' like that. mini/wink

I understand that Mad Brick was probably just trying to express his love for the film, but I thought I'd just say that anyway, just in case. mini/smile

Also, you can submit your film to film festivals and have them played at those festivals in theaters, and many of those festivals are in LA. As long as you are accepted into the festival, and you haven't shown the film before, you are, in fact, eligible for an Oscar award.

It's possible. I understand Mobiledeli submitted his film to some festivals. I'm sure he'll get into some. And Hazzat got one of his shown at the Santa Barbra film festival. It is totally within realistic boundaries.

Brcikfilms can be really, really great. I think a few of them truly could be Oscar material.

I really hope that one day, one does, I think I'm going to give it a try.

The odds are against me, I know, but there would be nothing lost in trying. mini/smile
It's usually impossible to do something fantastic if you're not even trying to do it.

I'm sorry, but get real.

Last edited by Squid (July 19, 2011 (01:56pm))

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:
LarryStudios wrote:

I understand that Mad Brick was probably just trying to express his love for the film, but I thought I'd just say that anyway, just in case. mini/smile

Also, you can submit your film to film festivals and have them played at those festivals in theaters, and many of those festivals are in LA. As long as you are accepted into the festival, and you haven't shown the film before, you are, in fact, eligible for an Oscar award.

It's possible. I understand Mobiledeli submitted his film to some festivals. I'm sure he'll get into some. And Hazzat got one of his shown at the Santa Barbra film festival. It is totally within realistic boundaries.

Brcikfilms can be really, really great. I think a few of them truly could be Oscar material.

I really hope that one day, one does, I think I'm going to give it a try.

The odds are against me, I know, but there would be nothing lost in trying. mini/smile
It's usually impossible to do something fantastic if you're not even trying to do it.

I'm sorry, but get real.

When you or someone else finally accomplishes somethin' like getting nominated for an Oscar then I'll "Get real" until then I'm not the one living in fantasy world bro...

LGFB Studios wrote:
Jargon wrote:

Okay, so, I can bump all the Releases threads? mini/tongue.

Yep! With informative, constructively-critical reviews.

Jargon wrote:
LGFB Studios wrote:
Jargon wrote:

Okay, so, I can bump all the Releases threads? mini/tongue.

Yep! With informative, constructively-critical reviews.

Okey dokey. Thank you for the information! mini/bigsmile

Um...beast that was awsome.really good around 2:06.it was funny and cool.Um and this isnt for u the maker of the fishing movie eh fancy pants im a huge fan i saw ur comment and it surprised me ur sur arsome thats GUS HA HA!i loved force unleash,clone traing,and a clone halloween!u should make more fancy pants.:D

sir. you have bumped way too many threads, instead review new movies. (posted today or yesterday ect.)

15:24    Timothy_R    you hear that
15:24    Timothy_R    that's the sound of me not giving a turd

Youtube

brickmaster0803 wrote:

Um...beast that was awsome.really good around 2:06.it was funny and cool.Um and this isnt for u the maker of the fishing movie eh fancy pants im a huge fan i saw ur comment and it surprised me ur sur arsome thats GUS HA HA!i loved force unleash,clone traing,and a clone halloween!u should make more fancy pants.:D

What?????
First of all Facypants isn't making Brickfilms anymore and he certainly doesn't go on this site!
Second of all why are you telling us about Fancypants on an animation by MindGame?
Third of all What?????
you really should proof read your posts I could barely understand what you were talking about. mini/dizzy

*BUMP* (I know it doesn't really matter with releases)

I just wanted to say this is one of my favorite brickfilms from you, and from all brickfilms I have ever seen. The animation, the sound effects, the choice of music, the voice acting -  it's just so amazing. BRAVO!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.