Topic: [THAC 8] Elmore

Directory Link

Elmore

YouTube
WMV (11 MB)

A dimwitted fellow named Elmore has to save the world from a radical religious cult. This was meant to be a faux trailer for a Steampunk-themed film, but it turned out rather random due to time limitations.

Last edited by Nick Durron (December 19, 2010 (02:51pm))

Re: [THAC 8] Elmore

Loved the ending, but this seemed more like a trailer than a film...

Yeah, I get the rather random vibe but less of the steampunk.  It's quite nice visually though, you did some neat stuff with the lighting.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I agree.  In spite of this, I think it has some great animation, awesome lighting techniques, and it seemed to follow the theme quite nicely.

I think if you had used steam effects or had steam-powered vehicles the steampunk vibe would have come off a little better.

I did like the film though.

Living LEGO wrote:

Loved the ending, but this seemed more like a trailer than a film...

Yeah, it's supposed to be a trailer. mini/smile

I really wanted to include steam effects and vehicles and other awesome stuff, but I didn't even attempt it due to the time limitations. In hindsight I suppose this idea was better on a conceptual level.

I didn't spot the mod element for most of the film until I realized that the thing Elmore was holding was the mod element, haha.

Nice work, I enjoyed it. I loved the music, I feel it went really well with it.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

A holographic charizard with misprinted hit point counter!! mini/eek
I thought the soundscape was rather sparse. During a lot of the trailer it was the tinkle of the piano music with footsteps, and that didn't lend a very epic or dangerous feel.

Great trailer!

LegoAndStickfigs, I've seen you do this half-a-dozen times, and I know some of us have made you aware of it, so I have to ask; is your goal to post in every thread you can find, no matter how little you're going to say, or how long ago the last post was?

Also, regarding your avvy (I know this next part is a little off-topic), begging for people to subscribe to you makes some of us (at least me, but I've seen others share this sentiment) less likely to subscribe to you. I'll sub if your films are any good, not because you asked my to.

Okay, my rant is done. Let's go back to happyland/Equestria!

Last edited by mcoov (June 29, 2011 (09:31pm))