Topic: New Apartment

Pete moves to a new apartment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AxG-2I … amp;fmt=18

Last edited by MooCJ (December 28, 2008 (10:01pm))

Re: New Apartment

Please, if you're going to post ten films at once, put them in the same thread.

On to the film. Well, the animation was OK, but you might want to make smaller increments while animating to make it smoother. Also, you might want to look into improving your walk cycle, as the minifigs didn't swing their arms as they walked. Check out my tutorial for help. The voice acting for the estate agent was good, too, but the kids were pretty monotone, which made them boring to listen to.

Overall, a good start. Keep practicing and I know you will improve.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I'm not sure how you were animating this, but you need to do something about keeping the set or camera bump free.  It looked like it might have been a mini-DV or hard drive video camera, am I right?  The image quality was great, but it looked like you had to touch the camera to take each frame or something.  If this is the case, there are ways around that.
Besides that, and besides the randomness of the film, it was a pretty good effort.  The set seemed really well designed, so keep that up!  Also, gotta love that Twisted Sister!

Blast from the Past? Or Beleaguered Mediocrity from the Past?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will do my very best to improve my voice acting and animation. BTW: My dad was the voice for the agent; I forgot to put him in the credits. I'll redo the credits and put him in later.

I use a Canon Powershot A95.
I can't use live feed for my camera so I have to press the button for every picture. This makes the camera slightly move on frames making it kind of shakey. My set is secured so It doesn't move.

Twisted Sister is my favorite band.

Last edited by MooCJ (December 29, 2008 (10:21am))

Hey, I like it. Great effects and the quality was good too. You do though have to work on the animation walk cycles. mini/rolleyes

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

Instead of recording the song on a microphone, you can just add it in editing from iTunes or Windows Media player. It will make the song easier to hear. Also you might want to boost your microphones sensitivity when you are recording voices, so we can hear it easier also. The animation was pretty good. Remember to move the arms when the minifigs are walking.

Hehe, I did several of those Twisted-Sister-man-speaking-in-music-videos-thingies before.

I like the gag but it could need improvment on other things

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Moo-C-J wrote:

I can't use live feed for my camera so I have to press the button for every picture.

Then it's time you got a new camera.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hazzat wrote:
Moo-C-J wrote:

I can't use live feed for my camera so I have to press the button for every picture.

My camera can get live feed its just that I am upstairs in my room and the computer is downstairs. If only they made extension cords that are USB.

Moo-C-J wrote:
Hazzat wrote:
Moo-C-J wrote:

My camera can get live feed its just that I am upstairs in my room and the computer is downstairs. If only they made extension cords that are USB.

Is it out of the question for you to move your set downstairs when you animate?  I don't mean to pester, but having a steady camera would greatly improve the professionalism of your films.

Blast from the Past? Or Beleaguered Mediocrity from the Past?

Yo-Blob wrote:
Moo-C-J wrote:
Hazzat wrote:

Is it out of the question for you to move your set downstairs when you animate?  I don't mean to pester, but having a steady camera would greatly improve the professionalism of your films.

I just asked my parents if I can go downstairs and they said yes this time. I'll probably move down there once I get home from my grandparents' place on the 2nd. Don't worry your not pestering.

Last edited by MooCJ (December 31, 2008 (11:39am))