Topic: The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars story ever told...The Prequel!

Directory Link

The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars story ever told...The Prequel!

Youtube

Hi everybody!  So the last one was so successful that LEGO had me do a fastest funniest prequel synopsis for this years "Star Wars Day!"  I designed, built and animated everything out of brick (except for the product placement, of course.)  As before, LEGO gave me a rough script, then I submit storyboards and set pics, I animate to a temporary audio track, and then they do all the sound design and cg stuff!  Again, though, all the building and stop motion was done by myself in my garage over 3 months, for a total of five months production.  I really tried to make accurate sets and give dramatic lighting, while making a tragedy funny... hope you all enjoy! Thanks! :)  -garrett barati

gbarati.com

Last edited by Garrett (May 4, 2011 (10:52am))

Re: The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars story ever told...The Prequel!

Nvm. Just searched it on YouTube. mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol mini/lol
It's so funny and ingenius!!!
Great everything!!!!!! The lighting was perfect, sets accurate, love it!!! 5/5

I don't know if this is just me, but these fastest, funniest Star Wars stories made me realise just how repetetive the Star Wars movies actually are. Anakin and Luke are so much alike. (Then again, like father like son mini/tongue)

Last edited by Mighty Wanderer (May 4, 2011 (11:56am))

fixed link, paste error, sorry!

This is the the fastest and funniest ''LEGO Star Wars Prequel Trilogy'' ever made... mini/bigsmile

Sound: 8
Cinematography: 9
Animation: 9
Effects: 8/10
Music: 8/10
- - - - - - - - -
Overall: 8/10

P.S. It would have been better with the Darth Vader's ''Noooo!!!'' at the end.

That was awesome. mini/bigsmile I love the way it's so rushed. Such an explosion of detail and nice pieces. The set design is way amazing! You've got a lot of pieces and patience.

I didn't like it as much as the first one, but it was still EPIC! I especially liked how he

Spoiler (click to read)

zoomed through Ep 3 super fast: Then there were some Clone Wars, and a big battle in space, and the boy became one of the bad guys, and the girl gave the boy a surprise, and the Jedi found a new bad guy, and the boy got a new boss (who was a bad guy) and then there were WOOKIES!

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

I loved it! It's only when you see something like this that you really realise how random and weird star wars is. I won't ever look at star wars the same again.
I loved the original, and I love this just as much. I'd say this is easily one of my favourite brickfilms ever, almost definitely the best of the year. This is how brickfilms should be, quick, well animated, funny and good to watch again and again.
5/5. mini/smile

Though the first one was a tad better than this one, I still loved it anyway.

Great job as usual. mini/bigsmile  I thought the lava part where you actual had it moving was sheer genius.

One question I wouldn't mind having answered is what camera you use?  The quality looks real nice.

Last edited by MadBrick (May 4, 2011 (05:50pm))

great job, but I can't remember much animation, or maybe it was just that the shots where so rushed that it was impossible to see any detail. the sets where awesome.
maybe you should do some montage clips of Star wars in lego
or maybe a 'Funniest and Fastest.... BATMAN' cause there's been a few Batman movies made...
or maybe a Indiana Jones one?
AA

This for Pirates of the Caribbean would be epic. xD

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

yep...
I think the script needs a wee bit of work, just have the shots go for a bit longer and let the animation and awesome sets sink in...
AA

I enjoyed this a lot, but I did not realize you made this at first, so I thought someone copied your idea.

bricksinmotion member of the year

Alfa Animations wrote:

just have the shots go for a bit longer and let the animation and awesome sets sink in...
AA

The FASTEST] and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told

Excellent work.

KG wrote:
Alfa Animations wrote:

just have the shots go for a bit longer and let the animation and awesome sets sink in...
AA

The FASTEST] and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told

Excellent work.

I have read the title, and I agree with you but the shots could have been a little slower so as to see the Awesome setness of it.

Watched it last night. Pretty cool. I enjoyed the set design and the lighting and all the pretty colors. The scene with Order 66 (isn't it?) I felt that that could have been a few seconds longer and also the wookie scene. But overall, pretty darn good stuff. mini/smile
8/10

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Wow, I loved this. The animation was wonderfully cartooney. Also, I'd love to know how you did that funny little run cycle and some behind-the-scenes pictures because the sets were amazing. mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

The first one was better, but I still enjoyed this (although this time I found the voice quite annoying at times). Your work was fantastic.

AnnoyingNoisesProductions wrote:

Yeah, that and Indiana Jones. Harry Potter would be good too, basically any theme lego's made. If only they made back to the future lego...
As I said though, I really liked it. So brilliantly made, I love all the brick built explosions.