Topic: How did you get into Brickfilming?

I was wondering about how people actually found out and started brickfilming.
I started in August last year after watching a brickfilm on YouTube, I think it was LEGO Pacman by Quigibo, anyway I animated with a sony digital camera and viewed them via holding down the "next" button on the view screen, I think it only did 5fps! mini/lol This was terrible way of doing it, there was no sound and I could animate about 10 seconds worth of film, but I was clueless about software's and cameras. Finally in November I got a webcam and monkeyjam and used that instead.

Re: How did you get into Brickfilming?

Wow, we've had a lot of variations of this thread. "What was the first brickfilm you watched?" "Why'd you pick brickfilming?" etc.

I watched all of Krick's movies and fell in love. Ninja first. Ah, nostalgia.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

This.

Speaking of old timers, "Out of Time" was the first good brickfilm I watched.  Without a doubt one of the key influences in my coming over to the brick.

In 2005 I did a lot of horrible lego animation with a LEGO Studios Cam. I got less interested in 2006 because I got a video camera and I thought that was better than stop-motion. But then I eventually went back to stop-motion using my video camera in 2007, and then I got slightly popular on YouTube when I re-made the Spider-man 3 trailer in lego. A lot of people liked that. I THOUGHT IT WAS AMAZING. mini/lol I pretty much destroyed my video camera using it for stop-motion.
So then, I don't know how I got there or how I found out about it, but I found Brickfilms.com. So yeah... and now that's why I'm here.

Essentially, this, along with creating short stop-motions on the sidewalk with chess pieces with my neighbor during the summer of 2004.

Last edited by MindGame (February 11, 2009 (04:50pm))

I watched High Tower's "The Neighbor" on a set of DVDs from SAICFF.

...and was hooked. Two years later, I'm still moving little plastic men around in tiny increments for hours at a time.

- Leo

A Friend told me about it.

_2014

I had seen those        by Spite Your Face on LEGO.com, and I always wondered how to do it. One day I found Brickfilms.com. I watched tons of       . One day I decided to try to make some. I made crappy little "lego       " which my friends were amazed with. I had done some with a LEGO club I had started. Then I went into my No-brickfilming-for-a-very-long-time stage. Then one day, my dad came home with a Cisco VT Webcam.
He said; "If you want, Jonathan, you can make your 'lego       ' with this." So I tried it. I thought it worked much better then this broken        camera I used before. Then one day I was at TARGET.
I went into the software section, and lo-and-behold, a animation software called "Honestech Claymation Studio"!
And it was on sale for 20 bucks! So I bought that, and I went home and used it. But they were still crappy, but I didn't care, they were much better then the kind I used to make. Then one day I got MonkeyJam. Then another day I got the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000. and another house later, I am now much better then I used to be.
END O' STORY!

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Um, there was this Australian guy and he had a bunch of amusing brickfilms ...

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

It was good old 2000;I was a fresh face 12 year old who just discovered brickfilms.com (when it too was shiny and golden and good). Entranced by these masterpieces, I immediately borrowed my grandfather's cassette camcorder and made my first film (live camera, moving the figures in front of the camera, blech...). This progressed to 3fps masterpieces (ya had to know the exact speed to press the button). After experimenting with cross VCR sound dubbing; I stopped. After a 7 year hiatus, I had the technology to film better and I cranked out Stalk like a Ninja Day 2007.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, ;P
-Nich

"See...this is why we can't have nice things."
21:05 Nich: Am I a purdy lady? : D
21:05 Smeagol: yes?

Shale wrote:

Um, there was this Australian guy and he had a bunch of amusing brickfilms ...

Same here. Only my computer was too slow to play any of them >.<

Still got me into them.

One day when I was on YouTube I came across Nathan Wells' and Zachmg's videos and it hit me like a brick. I thought have to figure out how to do this!

My first thought was to say that the first I saw was Blunty's or something, but now that I think of it, it was actually "The Han Solo Affair" on LEGO.com at around 2005 or 2006. But I thought it was just some effect to make it look like real LEGO. Then  in 2006 Daragh showed me youtube and some LEGO animations., I started watching them and we both did them on our phones (record, pause, move the guy, record, pause, move the guy... etc.). And then we did it properly and all and I've been brickfilming since like late 2006. But I gave up in September 2008.

By the way, I found brickfilms.com because of the logo in one of Blunty's films.

I used to just play with Lego. It was all the entertainment I needed. I used to fantasice about making movies with them, and pretended I was. After being told by my parents that NO I WAS NOT GOING TO HAVE AND NEVER WILL HAVE THAT MOVIE MAKER SET FOR £100. I abandoned the idea.

Years later, I watched "The Han Solo" affair at Lego.com. I then began to take pictures of Lego in my garden, and made "Comics" out of them with MS Powerpoint. I eventually gave up on this however, and turned to writing....

1 year later, my freind (not RP, another) found a bunch of very bad "Lego Movies" on Google Video. Whilst I had dreamed of owning the Lego Movie Maker set, budget and technology had evaded me. It was not untill I recieved my lifes dream - a Laptop for Christmas, that other dreams came true. After almost another year of preparation and waiting, I was able to Brickfilm.

It was after a few months after this that a certain other being of the same name as me entered my life. We had been just 'mates' for a while, yet it was on a trip to a skills thing about options and careers where we came across a Stop Motion stand. Whilst only capable of 8fps maximum, we stuck to that stall like a drug addict to a Heroin stand (the rest of the trip was boring anyway). It was there I told him about Brickfilms. I roped him into my web of deceit, and his soul was mine.

The rest is displayed for you to see....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I saw this thing made on T.V.O. with the old diver sets back in 1996, or 7, I don't really remember. I've wanted to Brickfilm ever since. I only found out how by mistake, fooling around with windows movie maker in April 2008.

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first saw "The White Ninja" by blunty. I was so amazed. It was a while till I first got into brickfilming myself.

Because I joined this website so I figure" What the hell? Why not start making my own films?"

Yes, I'm immature mini/tongue

I stay up very late mini/bigsmile

My FLL team used a stopmotion animation for the research project. It was so bad, that I have devoted my life to becoming the GREATEST BRICKFILMER THERE EVER WAS! seriously, though. I have gotten so intrested in the film-making-process I want to be ananimator/director when I grow up.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Back when I was about 6 years old, it was fathers day I had my little digital camera, I was playing with my Lego collection (about a third of what it is now). I thought, hey it would be cool to make legos move. I thougt I had invented lego animation.

Used to be 'Caidence'