Re: How did you get into Brickfilming?

Lol, I see maggosh is still his humorous self.

Eh, old chap?

2007, saw animations on lego.com.
Saw add in magazine for stop motion kit.  Watched eanimation's videos.
Found you-tube.

f0rriztf4yer1001z iz da sh1z an h1s vidy00z r awsum!!!1!

No, not really. LEGO Star Wars animation contest that I read about in LEGO Club magazine. My entry sucked. Thankfully it was destroyed by a BSOD.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Made a claymation at school, and I got into it, and thought that I could make it with LEGO. After I made my first bickfilm, I searched around YouTube if there was someone who made Stop-motion with LEGO.  And so I found Nathan Wells, who inspired me to keep making brickfilms.

I got into brickfilming after watching an item on Stefan van Zwam's A Christmas Carol in Bricks, around 2003. I visited Brickfilms.com (which at the time was in its first design stage) and watched a lot more brickfilms. I even made some tests of my own and 'debuted' under a different name with the film The White Ninja. Unfortunately, I've lost the film since then.

Also, I just found out that it's been six years (give or take a few days) since my first brickfilm. Yaaaay!

I got started the same way! I was watching Squad 42, and had absolutely no idea how he made it. I took some pictures of a my Lego moving, and then hit the "next picture" button! I then found Windows Movie Maker and started researching stopmotion. I progressed very much over time, and here I am! mini/bigsmile

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/SpeedyGonZohan/GIMPStuff/SignaturesBiM/finishedmajicsig.png

I was wondering about how people actually found out and started brickfilming.
I started in August last year after watching a brickfilm

I was inspired after watching jrdmvimkr's "White and Nerdy in LEGO" video in January 2008. After that I pulled out my Digital Blue and animated my own Lego.

After a five year hiatus, I have returned

THAC 8: The Cleanup
Website|YouTube

I don't really remember how I got into brickfilming....
But I think I watched a video, then was like hmmm lets see if I can do this... Researched it a bit and went off with mah webcam!

Our friend showed us a pizzamovies video on youtube, and don't worry, we're not obsessed with him like all of his crazy fans, and after that we were hooked on brickfilming! mini/bigsmile

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

i think i watched eanimations video then i kept trying to figure out how i could do that and i guess i sorta taught myself how to
(i never watched tutorials) maybe i should and see if im missing something but eeither way i was like 8 when i started mini/confused

I took one look at the Lego Star Wars Movie-Making Contest and said "Okay. I have got to learn how to do this. mini/bigsmile" Minus the emoticon.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Silents, please use punctuation. Anyway, I used to watch some lego star wars films a few years back and tried making some movie using a video camera. Then maybe about a year later I watched one of Blobstudios' films and I made like an exact replica except with no audio. I then got monkeyjam and everything took off from there.

Last edited by jstudios (August 1, 2010 (12:46pm))

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I've only really started Brickfilming this week, though I've always had a deep love of Brickfilms. I remember coming across "Circle Circle, Dot Dot" and thought "How does that work?" I then discovered loads more like my personal favourite, Nathan Wells. I started doing private Brickfilms actually four years back, but was too impatient to follow through with it, but now I'm more experienced and mature, so I guess that've why I've re-started.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

I looked at a lego and said I wanna take thousands of pictures of that lego

I used to be a regular at the site From Bricks To Bothans. They had a small collection of brickfilms, which (honestly) weren't all that great, but sparked my interest. I googled "LEGO Movies" and that brought me to brickfilms.com. But when RevMen sold the place to thickasabrick, I jumped over here as things started to go downhill.

I saw some of Bluntman's stuff, then saw some of Krick's stuff, then some of MindGame's stuff.  I decided I should try it too.  THis was back in 2007, and I used the iSight camera built into my laptop.  Ridiculous constraints are always fun, depending on your definition of "fun."

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Here. Sorry if it's long.

Brickfilming.

(A Love Story)

By:
Zach Lacosse

Introduction

My back hurts a lot. I'm hunched over a desk with two lamps lighting the left corner of said desk, and in that particular corner sits a perfectly still LEGO landscape, or, set. Other vital peices of equipment that are situated on the table are the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 (Psssst! Its a webcam!), and my laptop which is the second most important thing on the desk. If you haven't figured out by the title or by the details I have so generously provided, then I will have to tell you that I am one of many stop-motion animators that use LEGO as an animation medium, popularly known as “brickfilming.” So I am known as a brickfilmer. Now since I'm done explaining to you what I do (I think that's the fastest   time I've ever explained my hobby to anyone!) I'll continue with the story.

I'm animating one of my lame wannabe-funny animations. (I think though I'll be releasing an animation that'll be actually funny.< ADVERTISEMENT.) I finish a certain part and sit on my bed and press play. It's surprises me how well it's going then—a drastic light flicker capsizes the animation.  So  now I have to go into the editor tool in Stop Motion Pro v6, and select a bunch of frames and “hide” them all. I close it and press captur—Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, everytime I go into the editor tool and leave, the exposure goes up. It gets annoying. But I grin and bear it, trekking along through the horrific mountain pass of back troubles and fingers in the frames. Until a familiar road blocker shows up and says, “its time to go to bed.”

Chapter 1 (And Only)

The Beginning

The starting of my love with brickfilming began in a place called YouTube. It may seem cliche, due to the fact that YouTube is one of the biggest reasons that many others became enthralled with the art of brickfilming. I opened up the internet browser and typed in the url for YouTube, and hit enter. A few seconds later I arrived at the site and moved the mouse onto the search box. I typed in “lego,” and pressed enter. The videos loaded onto the screen and I searched through them all. None really held my interest, most were horribly done, so I continued to search through the pages... then a pair of names showed up on the top of the third page I had gone through, it read: “w00t.”

It was made by a person called Nathan Wells. The video looked like it would be good, so I watched it. With a jaw dropped. I loved it, even though there were some flaws, I still was so excited by it! The animation was the best I had seen! So I went onto his channel and watched every single one of his videos. However, I saw his favourite box. A person named ZachMG, also known as Zach Macias had one of his films favourited by Nathan, so I hiked over to his channel and was... ASTOUNDED! (Sorry, for the capitals, but thats how I actually felt) It was so much better then Nathan's! (But that's when Nathan just started, he's now one of the best) I wanted to be as good as Zach Macias like HECK. So I tried making animations with my moms cell phone. I thought they were okay, but then I looked at Zach's animations and... I think you know how I thought. So I gave up for a little while, then I heard about another website, a magical place called Brickfilms.com I immediatley headed over and signed up, under the name: “BrickByBrick” (Recently their was a member on BiM with that name, I have no idea how that came about.) But for some reason they would not let me on. I didn't know how to contact the administrator, so I just sat and watched, and read peoples posts, LONGING to be part of the group. Then something happened. Everyone began to argue and leave! Why? I thought? They had said they were going to start a new site called IloveBrickfilming.com, “No, I should stay faithful to my site!” But as the months passed, no new videos came in, and no activity. And I still wasn't a member, I learned about the Refugee Camp on the now known BricksInMotion.com, but I still wasn't sure what to do. And that's when Brickfilming divorced me for a little while. But then on January 10th 2009, I signed up on BricksInMotion.com.

My Newfound Future

I was now part of a community! I was ecstatic, even though I was naive, I knew that I needed something important. Respect. So I tried to please people with my animation but I still needed to gain more “brownie points” with the best of the best. So I bought a LQC9000, and begun my rise to amateur state among the more proffessional animators. I began to wade in the pool of mediocracy, until I started releasing some animations then I started to become noticed, but not too much. And gradually, I did earn respect, I was content. Lately, I've been making films now and then, and watching more members join and evolve in their techniques and animation. Names like, ReidYoder, BuilderBrothers,  RealBrick, Skwizitanee. Too many to mention. I hope I continue to make my way in the feild of brickfilming, maybe when I get out of school, I'll marry brickfilming and make it as a career.

The (Until I Die) End.

I was trying to do actual animation with paper and pencil. (which i can do now mini/smile )
My mother suggested I try doing Lego animation alongside animation, and well, here i am now

It's cold outside

I saw xxxfancypantsxxx and the brickfilms were amazing and inspired me to make them!  After seeing his videos i found keshen, filmyguy, mindgame, hazzat etc.

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png