Re: How did you get into Brickfilming?

the first time I made a brickfilm was when I was like 6 years old.
the video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozyFTS_srk0 pretty redicoulous eh?
I think I was inspired when my cousin made an animation of her shoes walking by themselves

I saw some videos on Youtube, then I bought a cheap camera and tried it at home.

ForrestFire is the person I stay away from

Last edited by Binding Brick (January 29, 2011 (08:15am))

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

i was inspired by forrestfire101.

Be inspired by him all you want. But DON'T act like him in your videos.

Or, you know, make the videos you want to make.

True.

I made a Brickfilm as part of an after-school animation club. It REALLY sucked, but I became it got me interested in animation, mainly stop motion. I never really tried to make another animation until I moved house, and one of my new friends and I were on YouTube, when suddenly I remembered about brickfilms (at this stage, I had no idea that they were called that, or that they were quite so massive a hobby). We looked them up and found 'Random Acts of Lego-ness Part I', the first Brickfilm I ever watched. After that, I watched a ton more and decided to make some myself. Having had many setbacks, I don't have much to show for my research and general knowledge on the subject, but I'm still working on it.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.

One day I saw some awful 'LEGO MUVVEYS' and then the end. Then two years later I found out that the 'LEGO MUVVEYS' were created by moving lego a bit, take a pictchah and repeat it until you DIE, ooh I was amaaazed!!! Then the next year a giant evil Gollum swallowed me into it's intestines. There I had created two suckish 'BROCKFOLMS' (TGSBAB and MUNNEY!!!). I've been in the Gollum ever since. Here trapped with me is DerTarchin. He's annoying me.

Back In Black!

Thunderbolt wrote:

...Here trapped with me is DerTarchin. He's annoying me.

Aw man, you have my utter condolences. A fate worse than death?

Yeah, bruddah!

Back In Black!

Well, I have quite a long story.
I actually discovered brickfilming all by myself.  My first digital camera could flip through pictures really fast, and I found that if I took a picture of something, moved it, and took another picture, it would look like the object moved.  Then, I had the idea of trying to make moving lego guys with the same technique.  I started making tons and tons of animation, so much so that my parents got me my own SD card (they weren't cheap back then) so that I wouldn't have all these random little animations cluttering up the card.  Then, a few years later, when youtube was just starting to get popular, I found that there were several other people who did the same thing, which really surprised me because I thought it was just a weird thing that only I did.  It wasn't until a year or so after that that I took my best piece of animation and figured out how to put the pictures into windows movie maker and put it on a dvd.  THEN, a year or so after THAT, I got a youtube account and uploaded a newer brickfilm that I had just finished making.  Finally, I uploaded that first one that I had made so long ago.

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

hm... the thing that got me into Brick filming was the old "Lego Studios" sets.... i got it when i was like... 5 or 6 i think... me and my bro would use it all day. but then sadly, somehow all the files got corrupted, and so everytime we tried to instal, and deinstal, it would work less and less mini/sad
but acutally, 10 years later (i am now 16) i just found the old camera that came with the big studio set, i tried plugging it in to my computer, but it did not even register as a camera. so i tried it in my mac, did not even say anything was plugged in xD
Also, one of the things that got me into BFing was Blunty3000, "Say the magic brick" or whatever, my abosulte favorite, probably still to this day xD

Watching LOTL. Ever since then I have dreamed of matching his videos. Three years and I still can't.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

That's because he's a god of Brickfilming! Or just fantastic. Very few can hope to achieve his awesomeness, though Paganomations is great as well. It's a shame LOTL has stopped making videos, though as it's for college, we shouldn't complain.

Yeah like MindGame. Man I really would've liked to have seen LOTL make more videos. mini/sad But I guess I'll just have to try and make my own originals and go back to my goal of bringing the Golden Age back. Probably won't happen but......

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Everything worth anything is worth trying for. I'd like to think we're still in the Golden Age; there's still loads of fantastic Brickfilms being made, it's just that there's a lot more terrible ones too. More people are picking up equipment that's far cheaper than it was 5+ years ago and going, "Yeah, I'll try my hand at animating." I'm not complaining or anything, though. There's bits of gold amongst it all.

I think the golden age is coming back one day. But I don't know why, but people have started to think that pwnage VFX is much better than a well-polished screenplay. Those two elements should be blended and balanced. That's probably the solution for bringing back *cues angle hum* The Golden Age.

Epic.

Last edited by Thunderbolt (January 28, 2011 (08:19pm))

Back In Black!

Thunderbolt wrote:

I think the golden age is coming back one day. But I don't know why, but people have started to think that pwnage VFX is much better than a well-polished screenplay. Those two elements should be blended and balanced. That's probably the solution for bringing back *cues angle hum* The Golden Age.

Epic.

That's the thing - if a Golden Age is gone, it doesn't come back, you just move into the 'Silver Age' et cetera. That's why I think it never left.

And I agree about VFX, they don't make or break a movie. It's everything else we should be paying attention to, but aren't, that matters.

i first saw peganomations little guys and i loved it he taght me the basics of stop motion animation. i saw it on lego clup tv i actually met him and he gave me the lynk to this sight. and i learned everything by this sight and of course youtube.

Hi