Re: Things That I Would Like to See in Our Films

More serious films, less bad comedy. The sheer quantity of bad comedy done with brickfilms is gutwrenching, I almost won't want a film if it's comedy nowadays, unless it's by someone who I know is a good brickfilmer or has rave reviews.

Red classic.
Free will carried many a soul to hell, but never a soul to heaven. -Charles H. Spurgeon

MPfist0 wrote:

A "giallo". I saw some of you using that terme, so I guess you know what I mean. Really, I'd like to see more detective stories. Or more "tales of life", stories of persons that are nothing special, and through the whole movie you could say nothing happens. I don't know what example I could give to you, since I only have in mind few italian movies with that subject.

Bava/Argento style Brickfilms. mini/smile

zany_001 wrote:

More serious films, less bad comedy. The sheer quantity of bad comedy done with brickfilms is gutwrenching, I almost won't want a film if it's comedy nowadays, unless it's by someone who I know is a good brickfilmer or has rave reviews.

Serious films usually don't work out. I can enjoy them, but you people have to realize that we're watching plastic toys.

I can enjoy them, but you people have to realize that we're watching plastic toys.

But if they don't realize that they are watching plastic toys, doesn't that make the medium as effective as any other?

I'd have to agree with Timothy R, it's really hard to take LEGO seriously. mini/tongue

Also, more monkeys.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I don't really care if I see a cheesy comedy or a serious story, the thing that I really want to see the most is much more effort put into the average film. Everyone has their own strong point(s), so if you're good at scripting, make a really good script. Just saying "since I can't do anything else good, I might as well do bad at this also" seems a bit harsh, because even if only one aspect of the film is really good, it can still be enjoyable. And the more aspects of the film that are awesome, well, the more awesome the film! mini/smile

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

^This.^

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

MPfist0 wrote:

A "giallo". I saw some of you using that terme, so I guess you know what I mean. Really, I'd like to see more detective stories. Or more "tales of life", stories of persons that are nothing special, and through the whole movie you could say nothing happens. I don't know what example I could give to you, since I only have in mind few italian movies with that subject.

Meaning stories that are more of character studies than traditional narratives? I agree with you; strong characterization is not something seen often in brickfilming.

Someone should make a brickfilm about a Lama apocalypse.  That would be nice.

goldencamerastudios wrote:

More confusing, white-expanse, deep-thought films, that have well-thought of plots, proverbial rivers of originality flowing, and religious values and morals.

Nah, more well-done fights.

I was being sarcastic. I really want more deep films. I also want to FEEL. I want to FEEL the emotions of the characters, I want to FEEL the mood of the scenario, I want to FEEL a certain attitude toward a character, I want to FEEL.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

goldencamerastudios wrote:

I was being sarcastic. I really want more deep films. I also want to FEEL. I want to FEEL the emotions of the characters, I want to FEEL the mood of the scenario, I want to FEEL a certain attitude toward a character, I want to FEEL.

Well, maybe my TOY entry will make you FEEL good. I've chosen for a non-action film with emotion and mystery in it. mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

mini/bigsmile  Finally! mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Once again, more disco music.

Please stop saying "More Monkeys". It stopped being funny the second time someone said it.

And please stop saying you want to see random things that make no sense and will never be seen because its so unfunny and stupid. Plus, it just makes YOU look stupid.

YouTube
Max, She/They

Jargon wrote:
MPfist0 wrote:

Meaning stories that are more of character studies than traditional narratives? I agree with you; strong characterization is not something seen often in brickfilming.

Exactly. Strong characterization, that's the term.

More jerking. I almost made a film recently that would've been a musical about jerking. I think it's a serious topic affecting the youth of today that needs to be thoroughly explored through the medium of little plastic men with permanent crap-eating grins.

Last edited by Shale (January 1, 2011 (01:18am))

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

A forestfire film that will let me go to sleep without hearing @$%# ^%E&% mini/wink

http://i.imgur.com/CSwoca1.png

Shale wrote:

More !@#$%^&. I almost made a film recently that would've been a musical about !@#$%^&. I think it's a serious topic affecting the youth of today that needs to be thoroughly explored through the medium of little plastic men with permanent mod edit eating grins.

I'm in.

Aw yiss. It's time for the bricks in motion jerking revolution.

Last edited by Shale (January 1, 2011 (01:19am))

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Barroom brawls.