Topic: Christmas - Beginning Scene

Directory Link

Christmas Beginning Scene

YouTube

Here is the Christmas project that I was working on last year but didn't finish. This is only the beginning scene of it, the rest was never filmed. I was going to pick it up this year but didn't get a chance to do so. I am planning on remaking it, COMPLETELY, next year, new script and all, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to post this old one on here. Plus, it's Christmas, and you guys haven't seen a new film from me since June, so MERRY CHRISTMAS! mini/XD Hope you enjoy. It has the voices of Fancypants and Tripod...who might return for the "remake".

EDIT: Yes I know the lighting/framing isn't that great, but after all it is a year old and I made this before I had the QC9000. Neverthless thank you for the comments and feedback on it, and I'm always working to improve it. Please note that several projects have been done since this one (A Brighter Past, Stars, Early Mornings, and Doorway to Emotion) so I have imporved greatly on my framing already, even more so in DtE (which you will see when it comes out). Of course, lighting/framing suggests on how the remake should be is most welcomed!

Last edited by Scypax (December 24, 2010 (02:53pm))

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Re: Christmas - Beginning Scene

Was looking really good.

I think the lighting could use a bit of work to help with the whole mood of it, but yeah, was great.

I find the cinematography a little distracting (camera is pointing down at the figures). And the voice acting just doesn't do it for me to be honest. I suggest going on a website like voiceactingalliance and looking for actors. And most of all I just can't take the story seriously as I'm watching plastic figures. Maybe if you worked extra hard on the set, animation, and acting I might like it a bit more.

I think it's fine the way it is, without completion.
You found the perfect voice actors.  Who was who, though?

I love how you conveyed the emotion, something that's hard to do with brickfilms.

Spoiler (click to read)

But first Hazzat's sad Christmas thing, and now this? And the crying at the end sounded a bit odd.

Other than that, 4/5.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

DerTarchin wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

And the crying at the end sounded a bit odd.

Spoiler (click to read)

Real crying does sound weird. I thought it was pretty convincing.

I like it, but the lighting did seem a bit jovial for the occasion and the person who did the voice acting for the guy with the bow tie sounded very much like he was putting on a pretend posh voice. The framing wasn't great, where top half of the frame was just the background with only the bottom half showing any action, which obviously doesn't look great.

I'm desperate to see the next part though.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

OK, now THAT was depressing.

DerTarchin wrote:

Who was who, though?

I was the guy who came to the door. Fancypants was the main character.

Teh Tripod has teh extra boost.

I am devoted to proving that the brickfilm art can be just as serious, emotional, and entertaining as anything in the professional film industry.

Thank you for the feedback everyone, I will be sure to make those improvements to the new version (as well as all of my videos). I have been improving my framing and lighting since this film too, note. :^)

Fancypants and Tripod voice, as I said in the first post. Fancypants plays Jim and Tripod plays Zack. Anyway, more feedback is always welcomed! Thanks!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

This reminds me of It's A Wonderful Life. Great job, the voice acting was so good I actually felt with the characters!

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Well, happy christmas there. Yeah, it was looking good. Ok-ish voice acting and ok-ish camera work doesn't distract me from what could have been a well scripted christmas tale.

I think what makes a good video is the viewer actually feeling emotion. Five outta five.

Trust me, I'm Canadian, eh?