Topic: Rob and Dan's Guy Fawkes Special

Directory Link

Rob and Dan's Guy Fawkes Special

Youtube

Rob and Dan are back in a funny special that includes flying cats,being on the news and more!

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

Re: Rob and Dan's Guy Fawkes Special

Dynamic duo... a funny dynamic duo... with high voiced actor.. random story... Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah, fps was decent, your voice is too high to be listenable, I didn't get the point..

Spoiler (click to read)

Guy is watching TV, random idiot comes to room, accidentally someone comes in with gun and they shoot cat on a rocket?

Yeah? Right? What.

Let's say... 1,5/5.

Worse forwards than backwards

ok ... Thanks?  mini/confused

Motormeat, that isn't the nicest way to put things. That wasn't constructive, it was just critisism without the constructive part. BE NICE. >:L By saying things like that, you scrape away the member's self esteem, and scare them away from BiM. Tell him why his film was "bad" and then tell him how to improve instead of being a jerkarse about things.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Just Kidden wrote:

Motormeat, that isn't the nicest way to put things. That wasn't constructive, it was just critisism without the constructive part. BE NICE. >:L By saying things like that, you scrape away the member's self esteem, and scare them away from BiM. Tell him why his film was "bad" and then tell him how to improve instead of being a jerkarse total ass/spambot about things.

-JK

Fixed.
On a positive note:
Good job! Can't wait to see your future films!

Well, as  I said, FPS WAS FAIR 'NUFF. Next good thing is that it's less than 50 seconds long, I've seen worser videos.

How to improve.. well, wait a few years 'till your voice gets more manly, get some point to your animation - or at least make it so simple that viewers can also get it, don't talk so damn fast.. I didn't understand all the dialogue (english isn't my main language, so it's hard to understand sometimes). Image quality isn't best as possible, but I'm not gonna cry 'cause of that, bescause not everyone have money to buy good cameras. Aaand... yeah. Don't make dynamic duos. DON'T MAKE DYNAMIC DUOS. Well there was 3 guys and 1 FBI ( mini/lol ), but the title is tellin' me that thsi is series of dynamic duos. DO. NOT. MAKE. THEM. There are too many of 'em, no one wants 'em, be creative!

I think giving cristism is better than "good job br0 wanna see yer next filmz" when there really are many things to improve.

But as I said; I've seen worser videos.

Motormeat wrote:

wait a few years 'till your voice gets more manly.

This means this animator is young and just enjoying what he is doing. You need to be a little more sensitive in your critisism.

Motormeat wrote:

don't talk so damn fast

Exactly what I was talking about. Instead, you should say something like: "The audio was a bit fast, so I couldn't understand what the characters are saying.

All of us welcome critisism, just be nicer when you say it.

It's faster to say "don't talk so damn fast" mini/bigsmile

But yeah, you missed point. By age, I was talking about his voice. Ofc he can keep animating, and ofc it's better choise than hanging around like other kids, but you still don't have to do voice acting. That was lé point.

I still don't see what you have against younger animators....  mini/blankexpression Anyway that was my friend(Skatepro521),That
had the higher pitched voice(no offence to him mini/wink ) And yeah I suppose it was a bit fast,just that kinda made me feel a bit stink....   mini/what

God damnit, I don't care how old animator is, I WAS TALKING ABOUT VOICE ACTOR. Understand? Voice-godforsaken-actor. I just though it was you talking.

But still, act mature. Maturity will get you places. It will.

Sigh.

Motormeat, settle down. If you don't want this kind of reaction, take the time to write out a thoughtful review instead of a unclear and rude rant.

Jeez, Motormeat. Calm down and speak kindly.

In my opinion, the story could use a bit of work, the dialogue went by a bit too fast, yet most of the rest was okay. Oh- and I hate you because of what you did to that cat! mini/tongue   Jk.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

your video was okay... a few flaws. but the number one flaw was this:
i think you watch too much filmyguy. in both of the tim & fRED halloween episodes, tim is watching a movie when all of a sudden "breaking news" pops up and annoys him.
I also too think that they talked too fast. I recommend you get a few different voice actors, because even though their hands were moving, it was still hard to listen.
nice job though, hopefully more episodes will come out with a few improvements such as better animation.
Also, chill down motormeat. if you think this is so bad, be nice about it. why don't you put a link to your videos so we can compare? mini/sunnies

Thanks for the good-ish comment...  mini/smile

DerTarchin wrote:

Jeez, Motormeat. Calm down and speak kindly.

In my opinion, the story could use a bit of work, the dialogue went by a bit too fast, yet most of the rest was okay. Oh- and I hate you because of what you did to that cat! mini/tongue   Jk.

And I have nothing against cats (Well,maybe the neighbours cat that likes to poop on our lawn...  mini/shifty )

Don't drag my opinions, my opinions are great. Being provocative is a way of life mini/smile

But yeah, I'm as mature as I want, I wasn't blaming him wihtout reasons anyways...

And Emay; http://www.youtube.com/user/motormeat?feature=mhum go ahead, unleash the anger 'cause I don't don't care do you like 'em or not, and it doesn't matter: I don't make films anymore (there's chance, like one in a million that I get some inspiration to continue Rime, otherwise I'll sell my legos). Yes, there is stupid sounding speaking, but at least it has subtitles - and I already changed audio, so it's gonna change at any moment.

Ugh, this is getting off-topic. WAY off topic.

In other news:
Roblego2, what framerate is that?

Motormeat wrote:

Well, as  I said, FPS WAS FAIR 'NUFF. Next good thing is that it's less than 50 seconds long, I've seen worser videos.
How to improve.. well, wait a few years 'till your voice gets more manly, get some point to your animation - or at least make it so simple that viewers can also get it, don't talk so damn fast.. I didn't understand all the dialogue (english isn't my main language, so it's hard to understand sometimes). Image quality isn't best as possible, but I'm not gonna cry 'cause of that, bescause not everyone have money to buy good cameras. Aaand... yeah. Don't make dynamic duos. DON'T MAKE DYNAMIC DUOS. Well there was 3 guys and 1 FBI (  ), but the title is tellin' me that thsi is series of dynamic duos. DO. NOT. MAKE. THEM. There are too many of 'em, no one wants 'em, be creative!
I think giving cristism is better than "good job br0 wanna see yer next filmz" when there really are many things to improve.
But as I said; I've seen worser videos.

Gosh, jeez, I haven't got the thinest clue why people say the community is mean. Could it be because members try to act mature by slamming new people and telling them their films are wretched?

Motormeat(again) wrote:

Damnit, I don't care how old animator is, I WAS TALKING ABOUT VOICE ACTOR. Understand? Voice-godforsaken-actor. I just though it was you talking.

Hmmm... I think I so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON TOPIC:

The film was okay, there were some quiet and hard to understand parts, and I am sorry to say, but I got a bit bored by the atmosphere. You really need to improve your script, the language in it wasn't necessary, people who are normally decent usually don't swear over little matters. And I don't like to be the n00b who claims "you were copying this guy!" but the plot was terribly similar to the plots of the Tim and fRED series specials.

Last edited by RealBrick (November 10, 2010 (03:14pm))

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Ok motormeat I know its not great it was kinda rushed to release near Guy Fawkes but you could of been a little
nicer(please don't get annoyed again  mini/rolleyes )Oh and Living Lego I still used 15 FPS
but trust me they'll get better   mini/blankexpression

RealBrick pretty much summed up my views on the kinda "reviews" people's films have been getting. This kinda thing happens a lot, roblego2. Don't worry about it.

I thought the movie was alright, a little fast, so you might want to slow it down. The lighting and camera quality was pretty good for a young'n. The story could have been funnier if executed better (timing, clarity, etc.), did you write a script for it or was it mapped out in your head?

Also, don't be afraid of making dynamic duos. They can work really well if done in an interesting way.
Really, just brickfilm whatever you enjoy brickfilming. A lot of brickfilmers try to impress others with their work and end up loosing the enjoyment of it. Do what you want to do.

Looking forward to seeing more from you. mini/smile

Last edited by Danimation (November 11, 2010 (05:37am))