Topic: tim & fRED Halloween Special 2

Directory Link

tim & fRED Halloween Special 2

BOOtube

It's been a very crazy month, but I actually got it out on time! It was such a time demanding project I was 99% I probably wasn't going to make it for the contest, and even Halloween. So great full I did make it though, I did film and edit this all in about two weeks BTW, so I deserve a hand for that! Hope you enjoy it! mini/bigsmile

Re: tim & fRED Halloween Special 2

Very awesome and so much fun!! mini/bigsmile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

haha, I lol'd at the end! mini/bigsmile

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

Loving it! :)

And: Awesome animation.

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

Not as good as the original, but still funny.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Haha one of the funniest brickfilms I've ever seen! The dialogue was hilarious and it was well timed. Seriously, I have no idea who is going win FOS, all the entries are so close in quality. mini/dizzy

Lg Productions
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/Lgmaster6/TheBoxManSigniture.jpg

Even though it ws practically the same set used in the last one it was still very funny.

It was the same set because it is Tim and Fred's neighborhood.
mini/rolleyes

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/luvdogs07/ninjastudios1signature.jpg

I think my favorite part was the spinning t-shirt...I will have to steal that technique from you.

KG wrote:

I think my favorite part was the spinning t-shirt...I will have to steal that technique from you.

I never thought I'd see the day when... sniff* KG would want to steal from me!! :'3

Wow! awesome film!  I laughed.  A lot.

You could have told me to send you a version of the 2 with an alpha channel  (that means the background is transparent) mini/wink

Oh, and thanks for the promotion, I really appreciate it.

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

shovel pounder wrote:

Wow! awesome film!  I laughed.  A lot.

You could have told me to send you a version of the 2 with an alpha channel  (that means the background is transparent) mini/wink

Oh, and thanks for the promotion, I really appreciate it.

Oooh, alpha channel. that's what that means. mini/tongue
Yeah, I probably should have but I think it looks pretty good that way right?
Maybe next time though.

Spoiler (click to read)

3?

mini/wink

I liked it. A lot.

Brilliant voice acting.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

yeah, it looked great.  Are you using after effects?

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

shovel pounder wrote:

yeah, it looked great.  Are you using after effects?

WELL IF I HAD AFTER EFFECTS I WOULDN'T BE ASKING YOU FOR STUFF NOW WOULD I?
lol jk, I'm using Final Cut Express. It's a pretty big step down from Final Cut Pro, but it has a lot of useful tools. mini/smile

Thanks so much, guys!! mini/bigsmile

I loved it! I laughed out loud at the Justin Beiber ticker tape during the news. mini/lol

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac244/Dhizmoraxe/BiM%20Signature/BiMbubbles.png
Latest video: splat.

Hmm...y'know, I gotta be honest, this one didn't quite do it for me. It was funny at times, but this certainly wasn't the most clever or entertaining of the tim & fRED movies.

There were bits of the classic, snappy T&F style here and there that were definitely humorous, but overall, I thought this film relied far too heavily on pop culture gags and the formula from the first Halloween Special.

Spoiler (click to read)

It did sort of feel like a rehash of the first one: power goes out, tim gets chased by some supernatural being, runs away, climbs up a fire escape, etc. I would have preferred to see something a bit more original.

I was surprised that you talked about how lame Twilight jokes were getting, then proceed to do a Twilight joke anyways. I've kinda liked how self-contained the tim & fRED films were, adding real-world references like those sort of spoiled that for me (same goes for the Justin Bieber gag).

Also, I didn't care for the way they explain how they keep reappearing in each episode, I don't think it was necessary. Like, to me, it would be equivalent to explaining how Wile E. Coyote recovers after every failed attempt to kill the Roadrunner. The sort of non-canonical aspect of the t&f films gave them a far more cartoon-like quality, and fRED detailing the whole cloning thing went against that.

Technical qualities were all good, though. The animation was nice and had some excellent touches (like fRED trying to climb the fire escape, the vampire beating up on the other vampire, and, of course, the shirt swinging), and I liked the dark nighttime lighting.

Last edited by MindGame (October 31, 2010 (02:46pm))

Ouch, I didn't expect to be burned by MindGame.
It seems like you expect too much from me though. mini/tongue
I know what you mean about the clones, I was hoping it wasn't as bad as George Lucas explaining Midichlorians in episode 1.
I promise I'll chose a different plot next year, but this year it just seemed right to pay homage to last year. I think I did over do it a bit on paying homage though. I was really paying attention more to the technical aspects, as you can tell, so I didn't really think about the story as much as probably I should.
As pretty as technical qualities can be, they can really be ruined if you don't tend to the script! It's so basic, but it's very often forgot. Thanks, bro! mini/bigsmile

It wasn't really a burn, just an honest critique. I agree with all his points. You're a good animator, but it did feel too much like a retread.

this video is awesome:cool: