Topic: Particle Collision Problem in Blender

Okay so ive got this scene of thousands of uvspheres boucing (im using particles mimicking UVshperes) but anyways i have them boucne off the floor and into oblivion.
I tried adding some cloth for them to collide with and deform the cloth like hit it and show the indents in to the cloth but when i added the cloth the particles didnt deform it. I have the cloth set as a collisio object because when i dont the particles go right through the cloth.
please help on how to deform cloth with particles.

Re: Particle Collision Problem in Blender

to do it, you need reactor particles, and blender 2.5 doesn't have that feature yet mini/sad .  i don't think there's an alternative.  i experimented quite a bit, but couldn't find a way to make cloth react with particles.

sorry.

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

that blows well thinks for letting me R.I.P

Youtube | Twitter
"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

oh, wait.  Try plying with "boids" physics  (the default is "newtonian")  I'm experimenting with it right now, and it looks like i might be on to something mini/bigsmile   

(un-check the "allow flight" check box)

Youtube | Twitter

If the particles are an object or a group, make all the objects in the group collision objects

shovel pounder wrote:

oh, wait.  Try plying with "boids" physics  (the default is "newtonian")  I'm experimenting with it right now, and it looks like i might be on to something mini/bigsmile   

(un-check the "allow flight" check box)

I've used boids a lot before, and it would only really work if they bounced on a flat plane. Anyways, there's probably a much easier way to do it with newtonain physics. Boids are for if you want a bunch of "living" objects.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

yeah, it didn't work like i thought it would... after experimenting, i don't think there's a possible way to deform cloth with partacles

Youtube | Twitter

If the particles themselves are collision objects, it should work fine