Re: When looking for a new webcam.

lol I am getting a quickcam pro 9000. For great quality and co. You know people say it's a webcam for begginers? Well if that's for begginers..What the hell is for pro's? The quickcam pro 9000 and amazing quality (so I hear). I mean, what could be better? A more expensive camera? mini/wink

mod edit: Ohai there Mod, you alright?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=DWStorm
^^^^Check out my bricklink store ^^^^

A miniDV or a Powershot or something.

Who told you a 9k is great for beginners? I wouldn't say it is...

I use a Samsung HMX R10. Maybe the only Brickfilmer to use a camcorder, but I must say that it's brilliant. It takes perseverance but the 12 megapixel image quality reward is well worth it. I'd highly recommend it.
Btw, I'm going to buy Windows 7 so I can use it with Bootcamp on the Mac. I then plan to get the QC9000. Does this method work?

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

LegOpinions wrote:

I use a Samsung HMX R10. Maybe the only Brickfilmer to use a camcorder, but I must say that it's brilliant. It takes perseverance but the 12 megapixel image quality reward is well worth it. I'd highly recommend it.
Btw, I'm going to buy Windows 7 so I can use it with Bootcamp on the Mac. I then plan to get the QC9000. Does this method work?

It works.

-Tejas VIM

LegOpinions wrote:

For now I use a camcorder aswell!

"Of The Pond Films"
*funny quote here*   Youtube | Steam | Facebook

mini/madhead Quickcam pro 9000! Or else! mini/madhead STICKEH!

Tell meh video cameras that are remote capture and work with monkeyjam etc. ETECA!

Wh..what?

Im saving up for the logitech quickcam pro 9000  mini/smile

Last edited by RobBrick (October 19, 2010 (11:33am))

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

I have a mac and my I need a substantial camera for it because there are none that are good. I don't want to bootcamp my Mac like a few of you have suggested, so what are my other options?

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

Bootcamp mini/shifty

Or get a point and shoot camera (go for a Canon) and stop-motion pro, or frame thief or something like that.

So say I get SMP, I can hook my Canon camera up and use it like a webcam, or are their certain cameras that don't work it?

There is a whole list on SMP go check it out.

-Tejas VIM

SMP isn't for mac. What other programs are there that support canon cameras?

Hello all,
I had a question regarding a new digital camera, as I need to buy one.
I have always used various types of webcams before, but I wasn't satisfied with the results of the picture quality.

Looking for a digital camera perfect for making stopmotion videos, but also for taking great pictures.
I'm in a bit of a trouble right now, as I just can't find anything I want to go for. Seeing as the QCP9000 only has 2 megapixels, I'm trying to find something better. I dunno if a regular digital camera will work well for stopmotion, so I'm asking. At first I was thinking about getting an Olympus SP590 UZ, but if there are any other suggestions please tell me here! People also posted things about a Canon camera in this topic - are they better than Olympus ones?

Thanks in advance, Killer Scorpion Productions. mini/smile

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot... It can be under the 200 euro price range.

Last edited by Killer Scorpion (October 4, 2010 (11:22am))

Anyone, please? mini/sad
(Read the post above)

Sorry, but I can't be a lot of help, seeing as I use the 9000. I do know a bit about digital cameras, but what I do know is very limited. I think you should go to your local camera store and ask them what really gives you the best quality, close focus, and manual settings for the price you want.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Welcome to Bricks in Motion, Killer Scorpion! \o/ \o/ \o/

Most photographic digital cameras are fine for photographing. What you'll probably want is one you can hook up directly to the computer, so that you can take pictures with software. Not all cameras have these, but some (I think some Canon Powershots) do have the ability. This feature is named "remote capture", so you'll want to look for cameras supporting remote capture.

Apart from that, I'm also a webcam user, so I can't really help you any further. Sorry. mini/sad

Killer Scorpion wrote:

Hello all,
I had a question regarding a new digital camera, as I need to buy one.
I have always used various types of webcams before, but I wasn't satisfied with the results of the picture quality.

Looking for a digital camera perfect for making stopmotion videos, but also for taking great pictures.
I'm in a bit of a trouble right now, as I just can't find anything I want to go for. Seeing as the QCP9000 only has 2 megapixels, I'm trying to find something better. I dunno if a regular digital camera will work well for stopmotion, so I'm asking. At first I was thinking about getting an Olympus SP590 UZ, but if there are any other suggestions please tell me here! People also posted things about a Canon camera in this topic - are they better than Olympus ones?

Thanks in advance, Killer Scorpion Productions. mini/smile

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot... It can be under the 200 euro price range.

For brickfilming get a 4/3 camera, point and shoot or DLSR.

Buy a camera on this and it will work with Helium Frog. Most are pretty cheap off e-bay.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Until now i have used a digital camera...
Last night i found my old ps2 eyetoy cam...
I hooked it up to monkeyjam and it didn't work...
After a quick google search, a download, and some tweaks, the camera installed and works in monkeyjam...
Manual focus and ok picture!

I Am A Happy Camper!