Re: Septemberfest 2010 Contest [CLOSED]

GCS didn't, nor Filmfire, from what my perception was. In general Brickfilming tends to veer towards comedy over seriousness, and to be reasonable LEGO is a toy, and therefore that is to be expected. Funnily enough it's the serious brickfilms that are usually the more liked. Either way, I'm not to bothered. All of the entries are very tight, and personally if I were judging I'd say,

3rd Filmfire's - "The Magician's Hat"
2nd Justkidden and Lamplight's - "Larrygitis"
1st LGFBstudio's - "Mouth"

All are exceptional entries. People really got cleaver with plots this year - but personally all of them lacked in the technical aspects. The framing, animation, and cinematography all were average or below, and I must say they could have been better in that category. It's like Avant-garde, but mixed around.
-LO

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Awww..... mini/sad

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

LegOpinions wrote:

3rd Filmfire's - "The Magician's Hat"

mini/delirium Wow, to get in the top ten would be great, so to hear that you think I'll place in the top three would be an honour. mini/lol

Well going along with what I said yesterday, and really I just wanted everyone to feel good about their own entries, my favorite of all the ones I have seen (haven't seen all of them yet, sorry) would definitely be Larrygitis by justkiddenanim8ion. It fits all of the qualifications and totally rocks. Very funny, brilliantly thought out story, awesome animation, and totally fun to watch. Wish we could have coughed for you Jonathan, lol. That is my personal opinion and I'm sticking to it. mini/bigsmile

No offense to anyone but this is what I think it should be:
1. Small World
2. The Magician's Hat
3. Larrygitis

I know I've been trash talking a lot lately and I want to apologize to anyone I offended in any way. Sorry everybody!

Last edited by Eddie (October 3, 2010 (07:46am))

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

If I'm not mistaken, Bakey a Cakey (although a great entry) does not qualify because it was entered past the deadline. Correct?

Really? Anyway it was a great film! What do you think of mine?
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

| Website |

I don't know, no one has said anything about it (except Emma herself who wasn't sure). I Believe it was entered on time though.

Anyways, my top 3 would be:
1 he's late again
2 mouth
3 bakey a cakey

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Larrygitis by justkiddenanim8ion.

Just kidden wasn't the only maker of that film, it was a co-op between him and Lamplight.

Last edited by Ludvig (October 3, 2010 (07:47am))

Ludvig wrote:

I don't know, no one has said anything about it (except Emma herself who wasn't sure). I Believe it was entered on time though.

Anyways, my top 3 would be:
1 he's late again
2 mouth
3 bakey a cakey

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Larrygitis by justkiddenanim8ion.

Just kidden wasn't the only maker of that film, it was a co-op between him and Lamplight.

Oh my, you are correct, my bad!! Sorry Lamplight for leaving you out of the credit there, very well done, I hope you guys win.

Well there was another entry by Luigi who was denied entry because he was late. Hers was entered after which would mean it would be denied as well, unless she submitted it before then and just didn't post it here until after. I know they will be fair to everyone and not accept any that were posted after the designated deadline .

It was up on Youtube on the 29th, you never know when she submited it though.

Ludvig wrote:

It was up on Youtube on the 29th, you never know when she submited it though.

True. The time difference between all of these countries really whacks things up.

EddieHasscle wrote:

1. Small World
2. The Magician's Hat
3. Larrygitis

I know I've been trash talking a lot lately and I want to apologize to anyone I offended in any way. Sorry everybody!

Yay, someone with taste! And apology accepted, Eddie.

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Well going along with what I said yesterday, and really I just wanted everyone to feel good about their own entries, my favorite of all the ones I have seen (haven't seen all of them yet, sorry) would definitely be Larrygitis by justkiddenanim8ion. It fits all of the qualifications and totally rocks. Very funny, brilliantly thought out story, awesome animation, and totally fun to watch. Wish we could have coughed for you Jonathan, lol. That is my personal opinion and I'm sticking to it. mini/bigsmile

Thank you so much, guys! mini/bigsmile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

My Entry I'll be happy to even sport the top ten with this, not my best work IMO.  The opening scene worked out horrendously.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

It's not as bad as you make it sound.

It's not bad. I liked it.

I enjoyed it.  Should be in the top ten.

Okay, this will be my last post for the day, promise, lol. I know things can be taken the wrong way. My opinion isn't fair at the moment as I haven't seen all of the entries, I just really enjoyed Larrygitis. I hope Bakey a Cakey made it in because the animation was superb. Just remember that everyone has different opinions and respect the judges pick because it is their choice. Running a contest is never easy which is why we don't do it very often. Good luck to everyone!! mini/bigsmile

goldencamerastudios wrote:
EddieHasscle wrote:

1. Small World
2. The Magician's Hat
3. Larrygitis

Yay, someone with taste! And apology accepted, Eddie.

Thanks Camera!Does anyone think I'll be DQed because of the part with the map?
\/\\/\/\\/\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\//\/

| Website |

I Really Don't Think So...
The Theme was "No Dialogue",
It said "Mute Button",
That's Not Monologue Or Dialogue So it Should Be Ok...
Same For Golden Camera Studios,
(Tickets sign And Cinema Screen Notice.)
But Thats Only What I Think...