Re: Septemberfest 2010 Contest [CLOSED]

Has anyone seen mine? Anyone voting for me?
\/\/\/\/\/\/

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

The entry I liked the most is probably Small World. Muth was an entertaining entry too. About Larrygitis, I was expecting more, a lot more. I know you guys can make more awesome movies and come up with better plot developement, and that's one of the reason I didn't liked it very much. It was still ok, but from a JK and LL co-pro everything could've been better (no offense). Life Cycle has (imo) a cliché story, it was rushed, and most of the animation was running cycles. Chuppa, I know you can do better than that, way better: you have the potential and the skills. Thefourmonkeys entry was fine, but too simple and with few ideas. About Bakey a Cakey , the same thing.  I think that the reason I liked Small World the most is because I wasn't expecting it at all. For everybody else I was expecting more, because I knew they are able to do awesome brickfilms. Cameragoldenstudios instead made a huge improvement, I wasn't expecting something amazing. Mouth is something I would've expected from LFGB, wich is a good thing: it has fine animation, lots of ideas, and interesting concept. I am not trying to be mean, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I just wanted to say my opinion, and what I honestly think about some of the entries.

MPfist0 wrote:

MP's entire post

Didya like mine?

| Website |

MPfist0 wrote:

The entry I liked the most is probably Small World. Muth was an entertaining entry too. About Larrygitis, I was expecting more, a lot more. I know you guys can make more awesome movies and come up with better plot developement, and that's one of the reason I didn't liked it very much. It was still ok, but from a JK and LL co-pro everything could've been better (no offense). Life Cycle has (imo) a cliché story, it was rushed, and most of the animation was running cycles. Chuppa, I know you can do better than that, way better: you have the potential and the skills. Thefourmonkeys entry was fine, but too simple and with few ideas. About Bakey a Cakey , the same thing.  I think that the reason I liked Small World the most is because I wasn't expecting it at all. For everybody else I was expecting more, because I knew they are able to do awesome brickfilms. Cameragoldenstudios instead made a huge improvement, I wasn't expecting something amazing. Mouth is something I would've expected from LFGB, wich is a good thing: it has fine animation, lots of ideas, and interesting concept. I am not trying to be mean, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I just wanted to say my opinion, and what I honestly think about some of the entries.

I doubt anyone could be offended by that at all. You gave your opinion in a very nice way which is what is most important. Everyone is going to have different opinions for various different reasons which they are all entitled to. Personally I don't agree with your opinion because I think all of the ones you mentioned, including ours, got the story across in an interesting way, with great stop motion. Sometimes with longer videos you run the risk of it getting boring. Of course the same can happen with short videos as well. To me, the point of this contest, was to be able to tell a story and get your point across, without using any words. If you can do that in addition to having great stop motion, then you have succeeded. The bottom line for this and any contest or video that you make in general, is just to be happy with what you have created and be proud of your work. If you have done that then you have already won, no matter what anyone else thinks. Always have fun!  : )

Good job monkey!

| Website |

Eddie, please try to use the forum less like a chat room.  Three-word posts are generally posts not worth making, it just spams up the forum and makes it a less pleasant place for everybody else.  Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Ok sorry Smeagol

| Website |

Sméagol wrote:

Three-word posts are generally posts not worth making, it just spams up the forum and makes it a less pleasant place for everybody else.  Thanks.

EddieHasscle wrote:

Ok sorry Smeagol

http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/implied-facepalm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Sméagol wrote:
Sméagol wrote:

Three-word posts are generally posts not worth making, it just spams up the forum and makes it a less pleasant place for everybody else.  Thanks.

EddieHasscle wrote:

Ok sorry Smeagol

http://www.seoboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/implied-facepalm.jpg

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words, lol.

Sheriff Smeagol has got some riff raff on his hands. mini/smile

Eddie, you should look at your posts and count how many you've posted today.

thefourmonkeys wrote:
MPfist0 wrote:

Blah blah blah...

I doubt anyone could be offended by that at all. You gave your opinion in a very nice way which is what is most important. Everyone is going to have different opinions for various different reasons which they are all entitled to. Personally I don't agree with your opinion because I think all of the ones you mentioned, including ours, got the story across in an interesting way, with great stop motion. Sometimes with longer videos you run the risk of it getting boring. Of course the same can happen with short videos as well. To me, the point of this contest, was to be able to tell a story and get your point across, without using any words. If you can do that in addition to having great stop motion, then you have succeeded. The bottom line for this and any contest or video that you make in general, is just to be happy with what you have created and be proud of your work. If you have done that then you have already won, no matter what anyone else thinks. Always have fun!  : )

Note that I didn't say they don't have good animation or stuff. I said that all of them could have been made in a better way, knowing the previous films of each brickfilmer mentioned. They all started with a nice concept, but they could have developed it more. Maybe it's because of the deadline, maybe something else. All of the entries I menitoned have great stop motion, I agree. So, basically, what I said is that I didn't liked very much some entries because I expected more, unlike Small World and Mouth, which are the best entry imo (and I really like those entries).
I agree with what you say in your post, this response is only meant to make clear what I said before.
Sorry, I'm having this strange epidemic disease called "criticallitis", you can guess what it does mini/tongue

MPfist0 wrote:

Mouth is something I would've expected from LFGB, wich is a

LGFB, not LFGB mini/smile Thanks for your opinion.

I think that the entry of Emma Execute should maybe win...

Larrygitis all the way. mini/XD

MadLibs wrote:

Larrygitis all the way. mini/XD

Yeah, that one was my favorite too. mini/bigsmile
olol im so humble]
-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Golden Camera and Hasscle!!!!!

| Website |

LegOpinions wrote:

No, Mouth should win. Then Larrygitis, and then Bakey a Cakey. In my (expert) opinion. mini/wink

Thanks, LO! mini/bigsmile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I'm quite impressed with some of the films that were entered.  It appeared that most of them would be below average since many of the entries were made by younger, newer members.  You've got some good films to judge.

I agree.  I am impressed with many more films than I expected to be.  Once again, this is going to be a hard contest to judge!

I wish not everyone went with a comedy attempt.