Topic: Festival of Souls Brickfilming Contest - 2010 [CLOSED]

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Gimp/fos.png

Hello and welcome to the Festival of Souls brickfilming competition 2010, or in other words, this year's un-official Halloween contest. Now, unlike last year, this time the theme will be a bit more adaptable. Of course I understand that the timing is a awkward, however for those who like the idea, this may be your cup of tea.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Themes

Comedy Horror
Serious Horror

So you have two categories to choose from, either serious horror, or fun horror. This opens it to a wider range of entries. The two categories will be judged separately, and each winner will receive a $50 dollar gift certificate at MT-Bricks (See prizes below)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Judges

The contest will be judged from the 28th of October and will be announced in a special FOS chat (All are welcome) that will be linked to nearer the time. The announcement and placing will be taking place on 31st of October, but as yet the time has not been confirmed. The contest it's self will be judged by the following:

1. Myself
2. Scypax
3. Jargon
4. ______

Rules

• 1. Your entry must not contain any excessive violence, adult themes, or bad language.

• 2. All entries must include a link to MT-bricks in both the description and video credits.

• 3. Must state that it is made for the FOS 2010

• 4. Entries must be made up of over 70% animation and have to be either LEGO or similar building toys.

• 5. CGI is allowed, however it is not advised as a replacement to stop-motion

Submission
All entries must be submitted by the 28th of October 2010, and can be entered at any time you feel you want to release it. I would recommend not showing it publicly until at least October 20th if you want to avoid others copying you. Please display them on either YouTube, DailyMotion, or Vimeo. Send all entries to me via PM or post them as a response the official video on YouTube (Not yet uploaded). The judging will take place 31st of October, however the judges have not yet been officially chosen.

Prizes

• The winner of the Comedy horror category will get a 50$ voucher at MT-Bricks

• The winner of the Serious horror category will get a 50$ voucher at MT-Bricks

Support
If you wish to support this contest it'd be great if you would pass it on by giving links, making promotional videos, etc. Also if any of your can make good Logos I'd be interested in having one for the topic, similar to the Septemberfest one.

Last edited by Onion (October 15, 2010 (11:44am))

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: Festival of Souls Brickfilming Contest - 2010 [CLOSED]

I'm definitely not entering to any contest on the whole year (except summer holidays): school is a lot more difficult this year, so I won't brickfilm untill june. I can be a judge if you still need them.

Am I still a judge?

Looks like a well-organized endeavor. I sent you an email with a logo design.

YES! I have been waiting for this! I hope I can enter. just need a new camera.

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.

I thought I was a judge. D=

Hehe but nice theme.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

We were just about to start filming our Halloween animation "Brick or Treat" when we saw this thread.  This competition idea is GREAT!  It will fit in perfectly with the storyline we had for "Brick or Treat," and it will also act as a great motivation for us to get filming. mini/wink

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

BuilderBrothers wrote:

It will fit in perfectly with the storyline we had for "Brick or Treat," and it will also act as a great motivation for us to get filming. mini/wink

Really looking forward to it, always loved your films.

Anyways, So just to sort out the confusion, the only reason I haven't confirmed the Judges is because I'd like the announcement of the winners on the 31st of October, so just to make sure that you can manage to fit in that date I thought I'd wait, plus a few other "things" I have to go over. Oh, and thanks for the logo Jargon, it was a great help.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Sounds good! I'll try to make an entry. mini/smile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

LegOpinions wrote:

Oh, and thanks for the logo Jargon, it was a great help.

The logo is not visible to us for some reason. mini/confused

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

LegOpinions, you'll need to upload the image to an outside image-hosting site.

Same. I probably won't have time to make an entry but I'll try to fit something in.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

Good theme.  I don't know if I'll be able to enter because of school but I might try.

Is the Logo now visible? Also, any entry you can whip up would be grand, as there's no time-minimum. Plus even if the entry not great it's still fun being part of the Halloween fun.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

There, now I can make the vid!  mini/bigsmile

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

LegOpinions wrote:
BuilderBrothers wrote:

It will fit in perfectly with the storyline we had for "Brick or Treat," and it will also act as a great motivation for us to get filming. mini/wink

Really looking forward to it, always loved your films.

Anyways, So just to sort out the confusion, the only reason I haven't confirmed the Judges is because I'd like the announcement of the winners on the 31st of October, so just to make sure that you can manage to fit in that date I thought I'd wait, plus a few other "things" I have to go over. Oh, and thanks for the logo Jargon, it was a great help.

I'm available.

I think its B-Movie time.

Be very afraid.....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

LegOpinions wrote:

I would recommend showing it publicly until at least October 20th

Shouldn't there be a not in there?

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

I think it's Brilliant! mini/bigsmile

Nice themes!

Last edited by Scypax (September 17, 2010 (03:38pm))

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Mine is a kind of really dark ironic humor. It's called "Under the Bed". (DUN DUN DUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!!)

BWJCLego wrote:
LegOpinions wrote:

I would recommend showing it publicly until at least October 20th

Shouldn't there be a not in there?

LegO is a smart guy. If there's not a not in there, there shouldn't be.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png