Re: THAC 6 [CLOSED]

Sorry guys. I've been very busy lately. I'm up to here with school work. Results will be here soon.

Apologies again.

-Steve

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/54.gif http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/37.gif http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/UberSocks/65.gif

Last edited by Gospelnut (January 29, 2009 (12:40pm))

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hazza! mini/bigsmile

Project Secret

OMG OMG, soon comes the results mini/bigsmile

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

YAY! Pass Around The WOOTbeers! mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile mini/bigsmile

RETIRED

That doesn't mean they'll be here very soon. By the way, the more people annoy me about it, the less time I spend on it. Judging and getting it organized is the least fun part of organizing a contest.

mini/blankexpression

Stevie...
Remember: you organized it, so you need to finish it.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I never said I was going to not finish.

I can't wait to see who won! mini/smile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Not me......

StevieCollins wrote:

That doesn't mean they'll be here very soon. By the way, the more people annoy me about it, the less time I spend on it. Judging and getting it organized is the least fun part of organizing a contest.

Oh dear that's a sad comment after all this time. I can't help but feel that you brought this on yourself Steve. you stated 2 weeks for judging and after double that time you're getting annoyed with people asking whats going on.
68 people got their act together and produced films in only 24 hours and you are unable to judge them in 24 days. Correct me if I wrong but the judges are only picking the top 15 and it's still has a public vote to go. IMHO the judges should just pick the winners, grow a pair and get on with it.

Whats the average length, about 3 minutes? Make some popcorn and sit down and watch them, you could pick the top 15 in an afternoon.

Quiet, you. This is a big task and there's a lot of pressure on him. You can tell he's trying and you guys are not helping. Sit tight and shut your trap.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Ok mini/wink

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

brick4brains wrote:
StevieCollins wrote:

Oh dear that's a sad comment after all this time. I can't help but feel that you brought this on yourself Steve. you stated 2 weeks for judging and after double that time you're getting annoyed with people asking whats going on.
68 people got their act together and produced films in only 24 hours and you are unable to judge them in 24 days. Correct me if I wrong but the judges are only picking the top 15 and it's still has a public vote to go. IMHO the judges should just pick the winners, grow a pair and get on with it.

Whats the average length, about 3 minutes? Make some popcorn and sit down and watch them, you could pick the top 15 in an afternoon.

For f- nevermind...
Shut up. Everyone. I'm doing it, give me some time. Would you prefer if I just left this place and didn't do it at all?

IMHO the judges should just pick the winners

That's what's happening... But I can't just watch 10 films then pick who's the best. We have to watch every film and then pick the top 15 - 20, then ye can vote.

HI Stevie.
I swear, I would not change with your place.
Its just a hard work to judge for "only" 9 films in the christmas-contest on brick-cinema.
And you have to watch/judge over 60 entires....
And you have to be fair, and you have to be cool.
And you will earn all these "why not me, why this, why that"-questions.

Better will be you never watch here again in this thread until you are ready. It will be only stress to you!

Keep cool, you will make it!

Best wishes to all entires,
Mario

StevieCollins wrote:

For f- nevermind... Shut up. Everyone. I'm doing it, give me some time. Would you prefer if I just left this place and didn't do it at all?

Ooops I might have pushed you're button a bit hard and the message was lost.

Take all the time you want, it's not an easy gig. But if it's going to take a lot longer, just keep people informed, we will understand. If you need 6 more weeks then just say so. But when you say 2 weeks and don't deliver expect the natives to get restless. The current status of I'm real busy and I don't know when I can do it, is kind of ironic in a competition so heavily focused on delivering to a time frame.

StevieCollins wrote:

We have to watch every film and then pick the top 15 - 20, then ye can vote.

Then ye can vote. Why have judges if we are going to pick the winners anyway? Why don't the judges just pick the winners?
Regardless of who you pick someone will have a problem with the decision anyway. Stick to you're guns and pick the best, it's your competition. Anyway that was my point, it might not be the best idea or the majority view, I'm just chucking it out there.
It would be a lot easier to pick the winning 3 than the best 20.

The plan wasn't to beat on you Steve, we do appreciate you’re efforts.

The only thing Stevie has done wrong so far is overrun the contest a little. Thats fine, and I would rather a carfully judged contest than a rushed one.

But, I think that next time, the Judge (if Stevie is willing to do it again, which I hope so) should say that the Judging will be completed, when its completed, and have no official deadline.

Its 100% NOT Stevies fault that the Judging has overrun, but not announcing a deadline may prevent these arguements and panics mini/wink

I would hug all you guys, but I left my Gaydar on.

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (February 1, 2009 (05:38am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

be cool dudes mini/sunnies

Project Secret

You guys are right little bug- irratants, to stevie, give him a year, then we come after him with torches mini/bigsmile but seriously give him a breaj