Topic: Ageless

Directory Link

Ageless on YouTube

Entry in the MoFilm Cannes 2010 Competition:

In this film the age of the Lego brick is represented in two ways.

Spoiler (click to read)

Firstly it follows the experience of a mini figure named Mani. He introduces us to the thrill and accomplishment of building Lego models and the playtime fun to be had afterwards. With the pirate ship he simply dreams about a pirate crew. However with the ferry it is more hands on with some of the cool features. Time passes and as he gets older the complexity of the models he builds increases. Culminating with the premature unveiling of his own design created using the ultimate building toy, Lego Mindstorm.

Last edited by bodville (June 28, 2010 (03:06am))

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Re: Ageless

This film has some great animation tied to the music, but apart from the technicalities it didn't really go anywhere. But then again, it's supposed to be a commercial thingie for LEGO. Still, I enjoyed it. Nice big minifig. mini/smile

awesome! dug the millennium falcon the most.

Amazing animation and good music.

I really liked the panning and the fast pace of the film mini/smile

http://imgur.com/qO642.png

The reason your films keep me interested is because there's never a dull moment. The fast pace keeps it so that there's never an unnecessary pause, or boring speech. The animation was amazing, and may I ask where you got the two larger minifigures? I think the biggest one was a lamp, but I don't know about the middle-sized one. Great film.

Great short! mini/bigsmile
We loved it!

This represents exactely what legos are supposed to be for: building things like space ships, boats...

In hindsight 3 weeks wasn't enough time and I should have spent it working on my Avant-Garde entry.
There was a lot I was unable to finish in time and it made the film a bit random.
What I was able to produce I thought worked out quite well.

Speaking of Avant-Garde it is coming along nicely and I might actually finish it on time <fingers crossed>.
If you like Ageless then you'll love Crime Stories.

CrimStories

Awesome Bodville.  The animation and camera movement were excellent.  The little bit at the end with the mindstorm model felt tacked on, but I'm guessing you just ran out of time.  In conclusion, there was no cute little boy so I didn't think it was very good.

The video is private... mini/confused

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

BuilderBrothers wrote:

The video is private... mini/confused

Dito

FIX IT NOW SO I CAN PRAISE IT

Edit: Okay I see it now. That was awesome man, and WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT GIANT MINIFIG FROM mini/eek

Last edited by Peanut (July 8, 2010 (06:58pm))

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

There was actually two over sized figs. The fig that built the pirate ship is almost 3 inches (7cm) tall and was a keychain light. The biggest is a Lego torch and is almost 8 inches (9.5cm).

CrimStories

You never specified where you got the huge fig... mini/shifty

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Small Guy
Big Guy

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png