Topic: Indiana Jones: Ambush In Cairo

Directory Link

Indiana Jones: Ambush In Cairo

Ambush In Cairo

Well, this is a remake of my original Cairo Swordsman film, which I don't think is that good anymore, but people love it and I've got like 97,978 in counting hits on it. This one has way better quality, and there is more action before and after the actual Cairo Swordsman. Enjoy!

Re: Indiana Jones: Ambush In Cairo

mini/jaw  It's...it's...it's...

...it's a broken link. I'd love to see it if the link were fixed though.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

you need to read the bb code help

I found the vid, here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvk5PKbVGIw

It wasn't that bad actually. I disliked the voice acting though. For once an unoriginal idea turned out good! Someone get this man an award! I'm not kidden! mini/bigsmile

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

TDogg186 wrote:

No he doesn't. That link is automatically generated when you submit your film to the directory. The problem was that he used the embed code instead of the Youtube link.

As for the film itself, it wasn't that bad. Unoriginal for sure, voicing was decent emotion-wise but didn't fit at all, and I loathe hearing the sound effects from the original LEGO movie maker set. But the animation was actually pretty good, and you did a decent job of creating a cartoony feel. Not bad, but I'd like to see you put your talent to work on a more original idea, even if it means sacrificing a lot of Youtube views.

As I said in the rejection notice, please resubmit this with a proper link, and make sure to link this thread with the resubmission rather than creating a new one (you'll see how when you do it).

Last edited by Noodle (April 30, 2010 (07:25pm))

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Noodle wrote:
TDogg186 wrote:

No he doesn't. That link is automatically generated when you submit your film to the directory. The problem was that he used the embed code instead of the Youtube link.

well I haven't submitted a film yet so I wouldn't know, but your right I just assumed that it was a dodgy link.

my thoughts on the film:
It was OK in terms of animation and cinematography but ultimately it was a fight scene and it didn't give the feel of action which you would expect from a fight.
The sound affects kind of let you down, it was way to cluttered with the sound of footsteps and other unnecessary sounds.
The voice acting seemed to act as an unnecessary narrative to what each character was doing or feeling.
It certainly wasn't original but then again that's not to say it wasn't well done.
I didn't really get whether or not it was meant to be comedy but I certainly didn't find it funny, however it was clearly aimed at a younger audience which would explain why I didn't really like it.

there were some good points however,

• the walk cycle didn't seem to have any obvious flaws

• there where points when objects and characters were chucked into the air; they showed that you have some level of skill and timing.

• the set was well made, it really did feel like there was a whole town (not just one wall and some random junk in the corner of your bed room.), it really does look like what I believe a Cairo would of looked like in 1938.

cluttered with the sound of footsteps

Actually I think that is supposed to be the music. It's hard to tell, I thought the same thing at first.

I did find the video had some creative animation, but all of the audio aspects are terrible. You should try to get decent voice actors instead of doing all the voices yourself.