Topic: Life In The Dorm

Directory Link

Life In The Dorm

YouTube

Life In The Dorm is a small mockumentary created for a local film festival. I made it in about a week's time, but had to cut out parts of the film to make the festival's deadline.

she/her

It's been a long time…

Re: Life In The Dorm

I really really liked the set design and animation in this one. Besides a few minor hiccups, all the technical aspects were pulled of really well. However, the humor was kinda lost on me. Overall I liked it, but it would have been much better if the humor was a little more obvious.

As I mentioned in the description, this film was supposed to be about a minute longer. Because of lack of time, the major punchline didn't make it into the movie, which sharply reduced the humor. I suppose you could consider this as less of a comedy, and more of a documentary.

Someday I plan on remaking this as I originally planned it. It should be much funnier then.

she/her

It's been a long time…

Quite a nice film there bluejeans! The camera quality stunned me.

Great job! mini/smile  The set design was great, and I though the Ping Pong table was brilliant! I would have never thought of building it like that, and it looked great!

Also, I like how you put Monster in there! mini/bigsmile  That's one of my favorite songs by Skillet.

Glad you liked it! I put a lot of work into the sets, and I found inspiration for the ping-pong table online. If you want a better view of it, I put some pictures up on my Flickr.

she/her

It's been a long time…

-

Last edited by Lucas (September 1, 2021 (10:20am))

Good job. The animation looked really good, The sets were good, the lighting was good. The major problem I thought was the voice acting. The comedy could have been good had the lines been delivered better. Most of the time I couldn't hear what they were saying and they were speaking too fast. I didn't really understand the original idea, but I'm thinking there could have been things to change improving it. So yes, it's a small thing but it matters, so keep working on it. It was really good!
3.5/5 - Enjoyable

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

@Lucke: as I mentioned elsewhere, this little film was supposed to be a minute or so longer, bit it had to be cut short due to a film festival deadline.

@Splash: I guess the voice acting was rather weak. I'll keep that in mind for my next film.

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. I'll try to fix these problems in my next film.

she/her

It's been a long time…