Topic: New BAFA Head Judge Required

OK, first of all, I would like to apologize. When I stated last year that I would running the awards show this year, I don't think I predicted the year ahead. The problem is I've been very busy with my work (both at school and thatguywiththeglasses.com) so it'd be difficult to find time to run the awards show, and secondly, I've become increasingly seperated from the community since it divided. Thus, I do not think I have what it takes the run the awards this year, which I truly regret. But I believe the head judge needs to be key and active member in the community, and thus I am holding out a position as Head Judge of the Brick Award of Film Arts. The judge will have a number of key decisions, such as organising the live chats, sending and collecting ballots and resolving any tie-breakers.

I did not come to this decision lightly. I was even thinking that 'Best Director' could be the director with the best overall body of work through the year instead of the emphasis on talent overcoming technical qualities, like it did last year. So I had been making plans to continue until recently.

Thus, all potential applicants may place a brief resume below, that will include the films you've made, how long you have been in the Brickfilms community, any changes you would make to the BAFA categories and/or process, any community roles served (past or present) and a description of why you feel you are most worthy of being the Head Judge. The winner will recieve an e-mail from me containing all the important files and requirements. The closing date for applicants is one week from today.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Film Brain (January 8, 2009 (01:49pm))

Re: New BAFA Head Judge Required

i could do it if u want

LordOfLego wrote:

i could do it if u want

Wait a minute... there's something fishy here... you're not LOTL.

LordOfLego wrote:

i could do it if u want

I'd rather have a respected community organize it.

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

LordOfLego wrote:

i could do it if u want

Wow, LordOfLego? Hmm sounds familiar. mini/wink

-LBJ

AHH THE JET SET '60'S, THANKS NANCY!
Youtube | JM-Music | Facebook
"But 3D is cool as nipples, man. " - Jimmybob

There's also made an NathanWells account. Really strange isn't it?

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

^NathanWells is the real Nathan Wells.

Oops... didn't knew that  mini/eek , anyway, i'd like to do judge, so if you need one, you can count on me mini/mrgreen

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

filmyguy wrote:
LordOfLego wrote:

i could do it if u want

Wait a minute... there's something fishy here... you're not LOTL.

Really... Weird.

And he's... LOL mini/eek

-Antifaan

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Antifaan/KISS/kiss_banner_2.jpg

Seriously, guys. We need an educated member who we all can trust and is still an active member.

The Heaven System
Watch it now!

I'd like to see Night Owl as Head BAFA Judge.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

One possible issue with that is that he's probably going to be considered for some nominations this year and may not want to give that up.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I can't see myself being nominated for a BAFA, so I'd like to apply, if thats ok.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

First, let me assure you that if I was going to use my old username, I would be sure to properly capitalize "LEGO", including "The", and properly place an underscore between each word.

As for the subject at hand:

I would like to offer my services. I completed only one brickfilm in 2008, and I am completely happy with giving up the rights for it to be nominated for anything (it's had enough glory/exposure as it is). I would like to encourage new brickfilmers to strive to make better and better films, and while it can be encouraging to see old timers sweep in the awards, it is also more encouraging to see newer members receive awards and nominations.

As for my resume...

My most notable films include:

Beast - A gritty supernatural crime drama that continues to by my most popular film on YouTube (87,654 views and counting). Nominated for Best Sound Design in the short-lived BAMPAs

Infinity Squared - A thrilling disaster film that was featured extensively in various media outlets, including ABC's I-CAUGHT TV program. Nominated for multiple BAFAs, won Best Sound Design.

Driven - A fast-paced action music video that tied for first place in the Nadine and Charlie contest as is now used as promotional material for the band. Nominated for multiple BAFAs, won Best Set Design.

30 Years: The Story of the Minifigure - commissioned by the LEGO Company, this documentary premiered on Gizmodo.com and GoMinimanGo.com, and is now airing on Comcast On Demand.

I have been a part of the brickfilming community for around 5 years, recently bobbing in and out of activity because of disinterest in the current strife. Currently, I am focusing on connecting with my YouTube audience. Yes, there is a lot of terrible content out their, and immature members, but there are also many young interested people who are eager to learn. In other words, not much different from what I have seen on BiM, and at least on YouTube I am allowed the control I desire. My most recent endeavor is my Bricks In Motion tutorial videos, which have been met with much enthusiasm.

I do not think I will may many, if any, significant changes to the BAFA awards. I will have to review them before going into detail.

If I am selected, I am very much interested in continuing this for the long term. I do not think I will produce many films for at least the next three years, and this gives me an excellent opportunity to become more involved in the community. If I am chosen for a long-term position, I am very interested in created a website for the BAFAs, and also doing cross-promotion on my YouTube channel and Brothers-Brick.com, and extremely popular LEGO blog that I contribute to. I am also interested in handing out actual prizes, though I have no money to offer myself. If anyone is interested in donating a small amount of money (even something like $5 is appreciated), I will look into assembling small prizes. I also would like to create a sort of awards show to be broadcast on my channel, that would feature clips from the nominees, and eventually the winners, providing links to all those involved, and giving more exposure to everyone. I would also gather a panel of trusted judges, ideally retired/honorary brickfilmers to aid in the judging. I will think about if the voting system could be simplified, though I don't know if that is possible.

Thanks!

yes, that is him ^^

I vote Nathan Well! He's more qualified and I.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Just select the guy Film Brain mini/bigsmile

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Well, it looks like Nathan was the only one who applied, so I guess it goes over him by default. I did have a feeling it was going to him. mini/wink

Congratulations, Nathan! I know that the BAFAs will be well-served under your reign. mini/smile

Yay! Nathan!

congrats on the Comcast on Demand showings! mini/bigsmile

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Glad to see you return to the community, Nathan. And thank you so much for making sure that there is a brickfilming award show this year.

-Munzapoppa, who would've applied if he didn't already run BRAWL

Website YouTube Twitter
http://i45.tinypic.com/2mruqon.jpg
Check out my live action directing debut, The Day That Never Comes