Topic: A Christmas Short

Directory Link

A Christmas Short

Youtube

This is my first stop motion animation about a guy who decorates his house for Christmas.  Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Crocboy16 (December 26, 2009 (10:15pm))

Christmas film is done!

Re: A Christmas Short

Wow. That was actually really cool. The lighting and quality was perfect, the techniques used (shoveling, etc.) worked really well. The animation could have used a little bit of work, it can be pretty jerky at times. I can also tell that you began to get a bit lazy with animation towards the end, which wasn't too bad though. Overall, that was a lot better than I expected. Good job, I'll be waiting for your next film to be out, haha.

Thanks.  Yeah I was getting tired of making it so I sort of rushed it at the end.  I was trying to get it done in time for Christmas and I actually did but didn't get around to posting it until today.

Christmas film is done!

Good job! For your first stop-motion, that was amazing, however, I have nothing else to add to what awesomeonomy said, he covered it all.

Good job! For your first stop-motion, that was amazing, however, I have nothing else to add to what awesomeonomy said, he covered it all.

(Okay, Lamplight deleted all of those extra posts.)

Last edited by Just Kidden (December 27, 2009 (09:10am))

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Yeah, sorry, my computer went bad.

Thanks everyone.  When I was younger I did some Lego animation using a video camera but didn't use computer software (my work was choppy because everytime I moved the person and did a little videoing I would video at different lengths).  During this past summer I began a movie but it was too big of a project and I didn't like the idea so I quit working on it (I also lost some of my work when I saved over the file) mini/sad  I'm excited about entering my first Thac!

Christmas film is done!

I totally agree with what's been said here - great work! I expect something completely different, but you surprised me in a very positive way. The set-design and lighting was pretty nice. The animation was overall okay, it seemed a little rushed at times. You might want to work on that a little in the future. Regarding this is basically your first film, it has an impressive length. Keep up the good work!

- JD

http://www.abload.de/img/cooksige238.jpg
YouTube | Flickr                                 "Bad Taste on YouTube"

Thanks for the input JD.

Christmas film is done!

Nice!

The snow on the set really added a christmasy effect and style to the movie, it probably made the whole thing much harder to animate.

Overall, a great brickfilm

Awesome mini/bigsmile  :LoL: mini/lol

Just a noob.

Very awesome, more people should watch this, which is going to happen, since I just bumped this thread mini/lol

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Hehe, I searched this up on youtube when I saw the thread about him changing his name.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Wow! That was great!

BGanimations wrote:

Hehe, I searched this up on youtube when I saw the thread about him changing his name.

Yah.  I thought it would be best to have the same name in both places to help people not get confused.