Re: Missing pieces in new sets?

It really sucked when I was missing a sail on Jabba's Sail Barge. I haven't called them about it because it is discontinued

Frogtrap, you'd still get the peice most probably.

Yechi Hamelech!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/failbarge.jpg
Frogtrap, you inspired me to make a new lolz.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

No, it's the flying fail boat.

I had several missing pieces in my Model Town house, but I couldn't be bothered to work out what they were, so it sat around for several months until I realised that this would be the perfect excuse to destroy one of my sets and not feel bad for it.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I've never had any sets with pieces missing

"11 year olds should dance with girls kiss with tounge and make good things out of this" -- Brick by brick
"What the heck is this underwear business?" -- BertL

I have never had missing pieces, although a lot of times there are so many in one set (like in Green Grocer) that all look similar, you may think you've lost one but end up finding it 10 minutes later. I don't see why extras are a bad thing, they're just in case you lose those in the process, but then again the ones that are lost don't tend to have extras of them.

LEGO Factory custom sets, on the other hand, I can see would have some potential errors because they have to fill random orders that don't have a preset amount of pieces for each person's order. I ordered one once, but it was a building that I had overestimated the height of when I built it, and so there were tons of extras left over, so I couldn't tell.

Last edited by Schlockading (January 11, 2009 (11:50am))

[Schlockading Productions] [Point of No ReturnFlight 901Flight 901.5The Brick Zone]

I cant remember buying a set that had a missing piece in it

maggosh wrote:
Schlaeps wrote:

I've been extremely lucky with my purchases. I have a pretty substantial collection and I've never been missing a single piece.

Nor have I. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Same here I have been equally lucky, except when I lost pieces in the car from of lewa bionicle, because I was to eager to open it at home, hehe thats back in 2000:)

when I got the green grocer, there was a marbled inverted slope. I didn't complain.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/minifig77/banners/logo.png
click me for my YouTube!

Sméagol wrote:

...a LEGO Factory custom set, and it was missing 44 pieces, which was about 20% of the total order.

I recently ordered a few pieces through LEGO's Pick-a-brick.  With my order, I received 200 of the wrong type and color of piece.  When I contacted LEGO, they pretty quickly sent me 200 of the correct piece and, to my surprise, didn't even ask me to send back the wrong pieces.  So now I have 200 unwanted red 2x3x2 cupboard pieces.  Wonder what I should do with those? mini/smile

Send them to me, please.

Yechi Hamelech!

I bought Market Street and that has missing piece mini/madhead

Which one?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

DarkBrick wrote:

I got Market street for christmas and i was missing two peices and i had a couple of extra's of others.... I wasn't very happy mini/confused

Same here! I didn't have some black slope bricks... Which is "needed" to make it.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

The only time I have ever missed pieces is with Bionicle and Star Wars but they were all simple fixes like using one of my own pines or a flat 2X2 piece. Yet even when I am missing something I always get extras!

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
Brickshelf
Ya I know it's empty I am just lazy and will update it eventually.

yeah i recently got the magna gaurd star fighter and it was missing 6 important pieces.:(

I bought an Jedi Star-fighter a few years ago that had two angled pieces that had the same angle instead of opposite.

Last edited by Goliathan (January 22, 2009 (05:32pm))

I'll confess that I've never had a missing piece (not out of the box - the vacuum has claimed a lot of victims though).

Having read through this thread I was inspired to send a thank-you email to the service department. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a long line of angry customers. And although (from what I've read here) it looks like they almost always sort the problem out, I don't know how many people replied by thanking them. So I sent them a nice little "well done" email.

Because although the company owes one what has been sold, the person is a human and a pat on the back is always nice.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

For Christmas I got the Star Wars Sith Infilarator and it was missing a piece! I WAS MAD:mad:

"Just Find The Lego In Life!"

I hate it when they give you a load of extras and then you are missing essential pieces mini/madhead
I bought Soldier's Fort (Pirates), and on Brickbeard's pirate hat, the skull & cross-bones was double-printed. So it looks like there's some random mumbo-jumbo on a pirate hat mini/confused
Should I call LEGO and ask for a new one?