Topic: Bricks (Series)

This series will be the first "fantasic foursome" (to coin the phrase) series. It will have 4 characters: Score, Klutz, Jed, and Furst.
I have a bunch of ideas thought up, most of them not scripted.
Here are the episodes so far:

Episode 1:
   Furst's old friends move into his apartment. There isn't enough space for the four of them, so they get a house.
      Script: Done  Animation: Done  Editing: 80%
Episode 2: Hair Tonic
   Score invents a hair tonic and tests it on the others.
      Script: Done  Animation: 0%
Episode 3: TV Troubles
   Score decides to get a new TV with satallite. Everyone but Jed likes the change.
      Script: 10%   Animation: 0%
Episode 4: Jed's Computer
   Jed gets a computer and surfs the internet.
      Script: 0%
Episode 5: Score and Hyde
   Score mixes a formula that turns him into a monster.
      Script: 0%

Voice actors:

Juggernaut Pictures as Score
AnnoyingNoisesProductions as Klutz and Jed
Jargon as Furst

Last edited by minifig051 (February 9, 2013 (05:56pm))

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Re: Bricks (Series)

SO far I am intrigued by this, seems like it would be interesting. Although I am confused on your stats, it says that you are 50% done with animation but you have yet to record any lines. Now maybe everyone does it differently, but I thought you were suppose to record lines then animate? I don't know though I new in the brick filming community. Do you not run into problems with timing?

Everyone animates differently, some animate before voicing and some voice before animating. It all depends on the person. Yes, voicing before animating is the general preferred order of things, but it is not a rule that you have to follow.

kcirb-- its brick backwards.
Youtube

Yea I didn't think so, I guess it is what ever floats the person's boat haha.

I think these ideas have been overdone in Television Sitcoms before. Why not try something more original with the same characters.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Don't worry, if they are the same ideas, they'll be done differently. No two things that have the same idea can be made exactly the same. Yeah, I animate then voice, I find it easier not finding out the timing beforehand (I tweak it to fit after filming). I actually started animating Episode 1 before I started the script! I started the script about 25% into animating and wrote up to the animation I had at the time. Now I know to completely do the script, then animate.

EDIT: Episode 2 script finished!

Last edited by minifig051 (April 6, 2011 (03:55pm))

Update:

The animation for Bricks: Episode 1 is almost done! I have 4 more shots to film!
I got voice actors for all the characters. Juggernaut Pictures has sent his lines. I'm waiting for the lines from the other three actors.

Episode 3 has been changed. I tried to script the first idea I had, but I drew a blank. If I went with that idea, it would be too similar to another film.

Episodes 2 and on will be in 15 fps and have a higher resolution.

Last edited by minifig051 (July 16, 2011 (06:39pm))

I shall get you the lines as soon as the gods of noise have pity on me. mini/smile

Let me know if you need any additional voices.

Sorry about the long wait. mini/tongue
Still trying to find some moments of silence.
I'll be re-recording them in a more Sam-ish voice

mcoov wrote:

Let me know if you need any additional voices.

Okay, I'll PM you if I need any. You can be one of the guest voice actors. I don't know what voices you can do, though. I'll ask for a vocal sampler.

The regular voice actors (the ones voicing the 4 main characters) will also provide additional voices in future episodes.

Pfft... My mom and sister were at the grocery store so I had some time to record voices for a film but I had two films to record and by the time I got to yours they were already home. So... I will get you the voices real soon. Sorry for the delay. mini/blankexpression

Why don't you just record when they are home?

bricksinmotion member of the year

Family makes noise...

I finally sent in the lines for episode 1. I didn't have time do do any more than 1 take of each line, so message me if you'd like any of them re-done. Sorry about that. mini/bigsmile

Are you gonna have extras in your film?Cause i wanna be one.

You mean guest voice actors? I have no idea what you sound like. I think I'm going to wait until a film comes out that has you voice acting in it.

EDIT: I just found out that you're 11 years old. Usually, the only voice kids your age can do (well) is a kid voice.
But then again, AnnoyingNoisesProductions can do a kid voice, and many other voices. Sorry, I don't need you.
I just want my series to have good-quality voices, that's all.

Last edited by minifig051 (July 18, 2011 (01:33pm))

UPDATE:

The animation for Bricks: Episode 1 is finished! I thought I would finish on Saturday. Hm.

I've got the lines from Juggernuat Pictures and topitmunkeydog. I'm still waiting for AnnoyingNoisesProductions and RealBrick.

I'm going to be working on the sound for the next week. The week after that, I'm going to work on moving up to 15 fps.

I might enter BRAWL, so I need to finish this film before the 8th. That means completly finished, as in uploaded to YouTube.
I hope my other two voice actors get those lines in soon!

Last edited by minifig051 (July 21, 2011 (03:49pm))

Can't wait for it to come out! That was a hilarious script!

Update:

AnnoyingNoisesProductions has sent his lines. All I need are the lines from RealBrick.

I can't work on the audio today, some of my relatives are coming over today. I'll work on the audio for the rest of the week, though.

I've figured out an estimated length for Episode 1: 12 minutes.
What? I've been working on 12 minute animation for over a year?! Well, I did take a lot of breaks from filming. I had two really big breaks (more than a month). One of those breaks was when my laptop was getting fixed last December.

Last edited by minifig051 (July 24, 2011 (11:22am))