Re: I really Need some help Please some feedback and some views can help

Noodle wrote:

...Of course you can read your posts--you're the one that wrote them. For everyone else, deciphering your posts is a chore. Is it possible to read them? Yes, if you work at it for a while... but most members (especially the older, more experienced ones with the most advice to offer) have no desire to do so. We're not requesting that you follow forum protocol to insult you... we're trying to get you the most (and best) help the site has to offer...

There are also people from countries where English is not the native language. These people have taken the time to learn English to use this website and the rest of the Internet for all its glory, and do not want nor need to have to decipher your cryptic messages. This site is not automatically translated into other languages, nor do the posts that people make in a foreign language get automatically translated into English. And even if it was, there would be some weirdness where idioms get translated literally.

Generalned wrote:

Noodle I made this forum for people who intend to help me not put me down i dont know if you have been mistaken but oviously you must be please do not troll other peoples forums thread as really its childish i dont need people like you and others telling your spelling and crap is bad i dont care mate i can read it fine, what cause what i wrote thxc instead of thanks?

Please if you wanna help the future of Forums don't Troll other peoples Forums just a friendly tip thanks!

You're accusing a moderator of trolling a thread? Now what seems more childish here?

And please, try to use grammar that will make it clear you're speaking English.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

yer look 1 post was enought to tell me my grammar was bad yer im new i appreciate that some people know that now i asked for some help not be taught a lesson but thanks for the tip i'll keep it in mind.

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Generalned, you really need to listen to everyone that has posted in this thread, and stop blowing them off because you don't want to compromise. Not one, but two mods have posted in this thread about your behavior, along with other people who backed them up, but you're being naive and ignoring them. People will help you once you correct your grammar and listen to the mods; if you keep ignoring what Noodle, Jargon, and every other mod has to say, you'll most likely be banned because of your behavior.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Well, he won't be banned unless he does something really stupid. He'll probably be ignored by most people though.

I think it's time to get this thread back to its original purpose. Advice has been given, and whether or not Generalned decides to follow it is up to him.

[/off-topic discussion]

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

look If anything you people are deadset fools..

Someone has to have proper grammar to get help what if someone cant fix there grammar what if there naturally like this what do you guys disscriminate and are you only sticking up for a mod because they can ban people i deadset feel very used..

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

The point is, your posts are hardly legible. Noone's going to complain because of typos and minor grammar mistakes. But you hardly use any punctuation. You write multiple sentences in every post, but you never use a period, not to mention commas.

This is the difference.
The point is your posts are hardly legible noones going to complain because of typos and minor grammar mistakes you hardly use any punctuation you write multiple sentences in every post you never use a period not to mention commas.

This is what makes your posts illegible. Seriously, you should be able to manage this. This doesn't have anything to do with discrimination.

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

Guys, enough already. Let it go. He's decided to ignore our advice, and that's a decision he's allowed to make.

Generalned wrote:
0ldScratch wrote:
Generalned wrote:

Also just to ask you OldScratch how did you do those particular 3 films i pointed out? could please explain i really wanna learn i read your tips but yet i am still a little lost ill explain to you the part im particulary lost with ok you said i should film it right? but by filming should i record it after that short film and by filming i wont be able to move the hands right so what do i do there? im sorry for being a pest but there alot of your vids that i am deadset dedicated to and i really wanna be something like you any information on what i just asked would be great oh and when you say film the footage of yourself do you mean the lego or me in person?

When I talk about filming yourself, I mean actually point the camera at you in person and film live action video of yourself making the movements. When you look at that video of yourself, you can break it down and see how to do the same movements with a minifig.

As for how I did those films, for Red vs Blue, I opened up a copy of the RvB episode in Vegas and reproduced each shot from the original with Lego. The others are just regular stop motion.

Tryxx is right, BTW. More punctuation would go a long way.

But oldscratch what do you mean i dont understand how that would help wouldnt it be the same if i was shooting the lego without putting myself in it would it not be the same? :S and when you say you put the red vs blue dvd into vegas did u cut the video then just keep the sounds?
Thanks OldScratch

Addrian N
GeneralNed

Since it seems this question was passed up, I'll try to answer as well as I can.

I'm assuming that you misunderstood what Old Scratch was trying to say. When he said to film yourself, he didn't mean to insert yourself into the film. He meant that you should decide what motion you want the figure to do, film yourself doing that motion, then look at the film and figure out the amount of time it took you to do it. Once you have that time in seconds, you just have to multiply by your framerate, (example: 1.3 seconds at 15fps is 19.5 frames. Just round that to 20, and you know it takes 20 frames to do whatever the action is.). Applying this to speech, you would want to time the audio track you are filming to in a similar way. A tool I used to use for this purpose was called WAVTracker, and it did a good job; it even has a built in frame counter so you don't have to do the calculator work. Ultimately, you'll just want to scan over the audio, find the places where you want to emphasize something, and decide how you want to emphasize it. Another example: If I were filming the line, "Well then you can go do it yourself!", and the YOU was emphasized strongly, I would probably have the man gesture toward the person he is referring to violently. It would also make sense to emphasize YOURSELF, although not to as great a degree; perhaps add a head nod. This way you can apply the timing you have gotten from your self recordings to the speech and essentially allow yourself to do the acting for the figures, animating them to match your movements. The longer a motion, the more frames you will want to shoot, with smaller increments of movement. I would recommend watching over films by people like Old Scratch, Mindgame, and Keshen, and taking note of how they emphasize their audio through acting. If you really want, you can figure out what framerate they shoot at (not too hard, most people here shoot at 12fps or 15fps), and do the calculator work to find how many frames they used to make an action.

If you put the time into it, you can find solutions to your problems. Also, I hate to say this because I know it's beating a dead horse, but the people telling you to work on your writing really do mean well, although I understand they may not have phrased it in the nicest way possible. We can only help you to the extent that we understand you need help. If we can't figure out what you need help with, it makes answering much more difficult. You'll get much better results if you take the time to read over your posts and make sure they are legible. Again, I understand that it's probably frustrating to feel like everyone is ganging up on you for something you might not consider important, but it really makes an enormous difference in how much aid we can give you. If it's a real problem you could try to get someone you know, be it a friend, family member, etc... to help you make posts.

That said, don't let this incident discourage you from getting help on the site. You obviously have an interest in bettering yourself as a filmmaker, and that's great. Just remember to be flexible, try different things, and take heed of any advice you receive here. At the very least, even bad advice is worth a shot for the sake of learning. Good luck.

Generalned wrote:

look If anything you people are deadset fools..

Someone has to have proper grammar to get help what if someone cant fix there grammar what if there naturally like this what do you guys disscriminate and are you only sticking up for a mod because they can ban people i deadset feel very used..

I just want to say one thing, so far in your short time on this site you have not only singled out the leaders of this site, you have also called everyone fools for trying to get a point across to you. That is not a good way to start on this site as most people don't go around insulting people. P.S. The reason people are sticking up for mods, are that they run this site very well, and they take time out of their lives to help this internet forum run smoothly.

Last edited by RedBrick1 (February 13, 2011 (03:34pm))

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

No no, Generalned is quite right. We feign our respect for the mods and administrators (hereby referred to as the Universal Union) because this site is a brutal police state run by the Universal Union. On the first day of joining the site, we were given a fake board, with plenty "new" messages to file through and read. This board never changes. Then, in the middle of the night, they slipped a worm into our computer, and when we rebooted our machines, we were taken to this place. Our browsers can never leave the site, although we can kill our browsers. It looked very different, but it was fine...to start. That's when Matt Gillan made the mistake of criticizing how Night Owl was doing his job as moderator. There hasn't been a trace of him after that. Since then, we've had numerous full-fledged disappearances: Nathan Wells, Dave, Krick, SmallTime, Droid, Sparks Flying, randomparrotm, Bastetta, Legoman182182, Sprinkles, and even Schleaps. Some have been let back in and are back to making brickfilms, like High Tower, Leftfield, Aled Owen, and Filip, while others, though having been released from "the white screen of insanity", are simply anomalies, like Captain Bulldog, Yanzl, Jonathan|Marrero, VN, NOS, LegosJedi, and Blue. There have been numerous others as well. I could actually get in a lot of trouble for posting this, so read it quickly, and then hide before they get you too!

Knock it off. Everyone. What should have been a simple suggestion on my part has turned into a 15-post derailment, and for that I'm sorry to the thread's creator.

From here on out, if you're not answering Ned's questions, don't post.

@ Squash: Thankyou friend i will take your information into perspective i do appreciate you trying to help me while there seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding thread that seems to have gotten out of hand i will read your post carefully do you have any tutorials by any chance?
thanks.

@ Tryxx: seriously come on tryxx? is this better, to pause you and keep you motivated to read my posts? does this help? what because i didnt put enough commas and full stops in the sentence come on tryxx you still a kid? you still doing year 6 dont worry how i write you can read it and if your smart you know were the commas and full stops go im only writing short sentences im sure you can take my deep breath an read it allyes i do feel discrimiated your fighting with me over full stops and commas no its not friendly not the slightest bit my friend. People dont speak english but they come here? maybe they should be tutored some english and learn better of it before posting or reading here.

@ Noodle: Thanks..

Addrian N
Generalned

I'm trying not to get drawn into this but...

Generalned wrote:

what if someone cant fix there grammar what if there naturally like this

Generalned wrote:

People dont speak english but they come here? maybe they should be tutored some english and learn better of it before posting or reading here.

Maybe Generalned just read the last pages of "Ulysses"...? mini/lol 

English is not my native language and when people correct my english it can sometimes be a bit annoying - annoying because I really want to do it right!. But generally people are just trying to help - and what is really annoying when you try to help other people is if they are offended by your advice and just don´t want to learn!

Remember: this forum (like many other forums) is all about helping each other! Don´t be afraid to take some advice even though it is not what you want to hear!

/ole

There is no world outside LEGO walls...

your not funny..

@ Squash:

just one question besides wat you have said and besides the program which ill definetley check out i just wanted toask when you do the frame rate for lego's walking would that be one frame each step every 15FPS? or what would it be like? so say if i did 6 frames at 15FPS him running from one end to another is that something you'd do or would you double the fames of each walk? or what?
Thanks Squash!

Addrian N
Generalned

Generalned wrote:

...would you double the fames of each walk?

Why would you do that?

Care to tell Mcoov? much appreciated.

Generalned
Addrian N