Topic: Lighting? Again.

Ok so I uploaded this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNhiusY5Mo         Now, As you can see, Its alittle dark and it flickers, I have 2 lamps, 2 bulbs in EACH. Its not beside windows. I wear dark clothes to film, So why is it flickering and alittle dark? Is there a setting on my camera which would make it lighter? Should I get another Lamp? etc. Any Idea's would be good. Cheers.

Re: Lighting? Again.

I don't think it has to do something with your surroundings, my guess is that it has to do something with the exposure on your camera, you forgot to tell which camera you have. It might have its exposure set on auto, which causes the flickers.

Oh, you didn't have to add those credits which fill up half of the video. mini/smile

Last edited by Bastetta (February 9, 2009 (01:44pm))

Keep your set and your camera from the PC Monitor and block the light from the window.

If you have the option to use "Frame Averaging" in your animation program, turn that on. It can be found in programs like Monkey Jam, Stop Motion Pro, and Animator DV, to name a few. It greatly reduces light flicker. You also failed to mention whether or not you had covered your windows. Filming away from your windows is not enough; you need to cover them completely. I recommend black trash bags, or animating at night.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...