Topic: is my computer too slow for animator dv?

This is probably not going to make any sense whatsoever...

I've been using monkeyjam since I've had my old webcam (quickcam 5000) but just recently I bought a quickcam 9000 online and have wanted to try it out. I loaded it up and opened monkeyjam but I couldn't figure out how to set the picture quality high without the frame capture window also turning massive. This meant I had to animate with only part of the frame capture window showing. You might know what I'm talking about but anyway I wanted onion skinning so I went on the animator dv simple +. I installed it and it looks pretty good apart from the fact I don't have a clue how to work it yet or what setings I should have and so on. It picked up my quickcam 9000 and I had the capture window up at extremely bad quality. I then realised you set the picture quality in the settings. Whenever I increased the size my computer lagged or even crashed and I was taking a picture per 50 seconds which was slow and tedious. Do I need a new computer? I have some questions...

Q: What size picture do you animate at?

Q: How much memory does the computer you animate with have?

Re: is my computer too slow for animator dv?

Im still stuck with my LQP 4000, works fine though, but the frames aint so crispy.

A: max. resolution (640 x 480)
A: 2.66 Ghz prosessor, 1033 buss, overclocked to 2.87 Ghz, Windows XP x86, and 4 GB memory.

One question: do you have windows XP x86 64 bits? Im having some minor probs with monkeyjam aswell, and Im driving x86.

-Robinsonz

Slip slidin' down that icy road...

Re: is my computer too slow for animator dv?

Robinsonz wrote:

One question: do you have windows XP x86 64 bits? Im having some minor probs with monkeyjam aswell, and Im driving x86.-Robinsonz

Thanks for answering! yeah I suspected it would be 640x480 as it's apparently the most popular. Yes I do have a windows xp but I haven't had any major problems with monkeyjam just the one i've said. It's mainly because of onion skinning I want to use animator dv instead.