Topic: Samson C01U USB Condenser

Hey everyone,

Ive been using the Samson condenser mic for quite a while now. Im recording with Audacity, but theres quite an amount of noise. I deleted that noise, but unfortunately that doesnt remove the noise only.

Now Ive tried Sound Pre, Samsons software, but that doesnt seem to work. I  tried to install some good drivers, but Im running Windows 64 bits, which doesnt allow the drivers to get installed.

Anyone else got these problems? Does anyone know how to solve this?

-Robinsonz

Slip slidin' down that icy road...

Re: Samson C01U USB Condenser

It's never happened to me, but getting a new microphone would be my suggestion. I got my logitech USB mic from the logitech website for £15, I'm sure you'll easily be able to afford a new good mic.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Splash Studios wrote:

I got my logitech USB mic from the logitech website for £15.

D:

I got mine for $30!! RIP-OFF!

Robinsonz wrote:

Anyone else got these problems? Does anyone know how to solve this?

I've also got a Samson mic, but I'm not experiencing any noise so far even without the software I got with it. I can't think of anything else than recording as far away from your computer or window as possible, since that can create a fair amount of noise.

I wouldn't recommend getting the USB microphone if the one he has now is much better.

Bastetta wrote:

I wouldn't recommend getting the USB microphone if the one he has now is much better.

Ill try recording further away, OK. But I havent bought a new one yet, so I dont get what you are saying here?

Anyway, according to the internet reviews Ive read, its a fine mike, but you gotta know how to use it. I got it refurbished, so Ill ask the previous owner about it aswell.

-Robinsonz

Robinsonz wrote:

Ill try recording further away, OK. But I havent bought a new one yet, so I dont get what you are saying here?

Heh sorry, Splash Studios suggested to get a new Logitech USB microphone but that wouldn't really solve the problem since the Samson you have now is better if you just fix the noise problem. That's what I meant.

Hi!

I just fixed my proublem by adjusting the volume in the control panel. Silly me...coulda known...:mad:

Thanks for the help.

-Robinsonz

Aaron wrote:
Splash Studios wrote:

D:

D:
I got mine for $40!! RIP-OFF! I'm not kidding

Aaron wrote:
Splash Studios wrote:

D:

Well, there are 2 dollars in 1 pound, so I don't have a clue why that happened.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird