Re: The Quick Short Advertising Contest [CLOSED]

Maybé it has been slow this week I wile start on friday or saturday

Just a noob.

When i´m done with my movie ¨Fight on the day¨ i maybé doing a brickfilm later then

Last edited by MySimpleWorld (February 26, 2009 (11:23am))

Just a noob.

(MSW, the EDIT button, remember?)

Well I started with animating the fun part (wich part is a secret) and the title is set.
Prepare for some funking action mini/tongue

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Sounds good.

Great to hear that people are making progress on their films. I should really make more brickfilms myself, but I am so tired after work... maybe I should stop wasting my money on stupid things like bills and food.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

ok... I think I'm going to entering too, but where is the address? And I've got a question: you said that we can make an ad about anything, also about a brickfilm I will make (did I wrote it right? mini/tongue)?...cuz that would be my entry mini/wink...

The answers all in the first post. mini/wink

In this contest, entrants are asked to make a thirty second advertisement for a product (real or fictitious). The choice of product is up to the entrant.

(As long as it's appropriate.)

C: Send an email (to an address that will be provided later)

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

oh... Maybe I didn't read it all... thanks... but I know that the e-mail will be provided later: is nearly march and we still don't have the address... when should it be provided?...

...I know that the e-mail will be provided later: is nearly march and we still don't have the address...

I, on the previous page... wrote:

...I'll be putting up the email to send submissions about a week before the entries are due...

So about on the 15th. The reason for not putting it up now is to avoid getting spam for as long as possible. Originally I was going to put up the email address on the 21st, but I figured that since people wanted to share there films early, they might want to submit their films early too.

...can make an ad about anything, also about a brickfilm I will make...

Technically, that would be a trailer and not an Ad, but since I said "anything" (as Hazzat said) then yes, you can make an Ad for a brickfilm that you will make later (or have already made).

Dr Neo Lao wrote:

...I know that the e-mail will be provided later: is nearly march and we still don't have the address...

I, on the previous page... wrote:

...I'll be putting up the email to send submissions about a week before the entries are due...

So about on the 15th. The reason for not putting it up now is to avoid getting spam for as long as possible. Originally I was going to put up the email address on the 21st, but I figured that since people wanted to share there films early, they might want to submit their films early too.

...can make an ad about anything, also about a brickfilm I will make...

Technically, that would be a trailer and not an Ad, but since I said "anything" (as Hazzat said) then yes, you can make an Ad for a brickfilm that you will make later (or have already made).

ouh... I didn't read all the pages of this topic, so there are a lot of posts I didn't read... sorry for my laziness...
P.S.: This trailer will be about a drama, or something like that... will the judges appreciate that or they only want funny clips?...

Last edited by MPfist0 (February 28, 2009 (06:15am))

If they want funny clips, I think Filmyguy and I are last then. mini/smile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I have alredy done it http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … -minimans/ mini/smile

Just a noob.

Cool.

will the judges appreciate that or they only want funny clips?

Honestly? I have no idea. They will be given a print-out of the instructions for the contest (the first post in this thread) and they will then have free reign to make their decisions based on that. Since the entry conditions say "advertise anything" then that means that they ought to keep an open mind and look more at how the "product" is being advertised rather than what is being advertised.

I'm thinking of entering! mini/bigsmile But do you people in Australia drink Coca-Cola over there?

<{~~~SnowTiger727~~~}>]

Odd sort of question... mini/confused

Yes, being a "western" country we get most of the big American brands over here - Coca Cola, McDonalds, Ford, IBM and so on. There are a few things we don't get (like Krispy Kreme donughts - I love those things but there aren't any in WA), but we are fairly multi-cultural. We're influenced by everyone - America (North + South), the UK, Asia, Europe - not much Russian influence though, and we are getting more people from Africa as well.

I finished my entry mini/bigsmile

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … kers-r-us/

Dr Neo Lao wrote:

There are a few things we don't get (like Krispy Kreme donughts - I love those things but there aren't any in WA)

mini/tongue But we have the donuts in Sydney.

-EmmaExecute

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/emma_execution/siggy.png
^Click to watch

Ok thanks, I just had a really good idea for a Lego Coca-Cola commercial mini/bigsmile

<{~~~SnowTiger727~~~}>]

Mines ready!
Click on mah sig!
     I
     I
     I
    \ /

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

acc...i'm afraid I cannot enter... because from the 10th to the 13th of march i wont be at home... so maybe I couldn't finish my work in time... mini/sad, I hope to have more time later...

Are multiple entries allowed?

Yes, you may enter as many times as you please. Note that it is the film that receives the highest score that wins, not the director. So if you enter twenty times, you don't get twenty cameras. mini/smile

Will any "minor cusses" be tolerated ex. ass, damn, etc.?

Personally, I would prefer if they were not in there. Having said that, I don't think that any of the judges will mark you down if they are included. (Actually, one might, but I'm not 100% sure.)

Ok thanks, I just had a really good idea for a Lego Coca-Cola commercial

Oh yeah, of course. Now I understand your earlier question. My apologies, that should have been obvious - you wanted to know if the judges were likely to know about the brand you wanted to advertise...

Last edited by Dr Neo Lao (March 1, 2009 (02:34pm))

I'm currently working on my entry mini/bigsmile