Re: The Quick Short Advertising Contest [CLOSED]

I'm up for early releases aswell.

_2014

Well, that's five people wanting early support so it's now official. I'll change the first post to reflect the new change,

This is the new text:

The first post now wrote:

A: Change: Films being entered into this contest must not have been publicly available before the 17th of February 2009. (See 14 below)

14 - Due to member requests, the entries for this contest can now be shared on the internet before the submission date. Entrants can now upload and share their films any  time between now and the close of submission deadline (22nd March). Should an entrant wish to change their film between the time they release it and the time they make their submission, they are free to do so. However, the version that they link to in their submission email will be considered their "official" entry.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

sounds good to me mini/smile

Yes!

Can't wait to get started.  mini/smile    It probably won't take long at all.

- Leo

Only four weekends to go!

How excitement! mini/bigsmile

I need to get this set soon to enter:
http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as … &d=519

_2014

Interesting...
Edit: Awwwww! I filmed one scene (5sec.) 6 times now! and I still don't have that right mini/sad Argh! well lets try with a different then mini/smile

Last edited by Luke-Jay (February 20, 2009 (01:52pm))

Bummer.

It's annoying when something does not work, but it's good to see that you are still trying.

Good luck!

I'm about half way to finishing mine. I need one person to voice. mini/blankexpression, I'll wait a bit to begin the editing process

Woo! I'm definitely entering! Ialready know my product mini/bigsmile

14 - Due to member requests, the entries for this contest can now be shared on the internet before the submission date. Entrants can now upload and share their films any  time between now and the close of submission deadline (22nd March). Should an entrant wish to change their film between the time they release it and the time they make their submission, they are free to do so. However, the version that they link to in their submission email will be considered their "official" entry.

So we can upload on YT before the 21st of march right ?

Yes.

If you have a complete entry and don't want to sit on it for the next four weeks then you are free to upload it on YT (or anywhere else) and tell everyone about it.

This may be a good idea because somebody might say "it's good but you need to change this thing here" or "you have a small mistake there" and you can fix it before making the submission on the contest weekend. It might also be a bad idea because your idea might give someone else an idea that they could use. It is up to the individual to decide what they feel will work best for them.

And since the films will be (relatively) small projects, after uploading you might feel you have enough spare time to make another... or not. As you wish. This is mainly for the fun of it.

Dr Neo Lao wrote:

Yes.

If you have a complete entry and don't want to sit on it for the next four weeks then you are free to upload it on YT (or anywhere else) and tell everyone about it.

This may be a good idea because somebody might say "it's good but you need to change this thing here" or "you have a small mistake there" and you can fix it before making the submission on the contest weekend. It might also be a bad idea because your idea might give someone else an idea that they could use. It is up to the individual to decide what they feel will work best for them.

And since the films will be (relatively) small projects, after uploading you might feel you have enough spare time to make another... or not. As you wish. This is mainly for the fun of it.

Ok awesome, I don't think a nyone is gonna "steal" my idea if I upload it early becasue its pretty unique=D
I'm entering for fun bc i think its a great idea for a contest=D I don't really care if I win or not. Altough id like a 9k.

Thanks for organising this contest and I might make a 2nd entry but i'm not sure yet.

My YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/666eclipse666

DoubleVstudios wrote:

Wait - so which one is your entry?

- Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:
DoubleVstudios wrote:

Wait - so which one is your entry?

- Leo

I havent finished it yet, I only started this evening making, itll be on this week. Wich is yours ?

i think i'm going to enter mini/bigsmile

Project Secret

nice to hear! mini/smile

I think I might try entering this, sounds like fun and I've got a pretty good idea which I think I will make.

Hmm. Mine isn't going very well at all.

I still hope to enter, though.

- Leo

Keep in mind that the judges will be non-brickfilmers. They probably won't be looking for technical precision, perfect walk cycles or flicker-free scenes. I get the feeling that they will be mostly looking for entertainment value and novelty.

woo! i just finished my entry! It will be on my YT channel tomorrow mini/bigsmile

http://www.youtube.com/user/666eclipse666