Topic: WWII 'Believe'

Directory Link

'Believe'

youtube

A project i've been wanting to do, took a couple weeks to finish. Its not really animation...Although some of the moving camera is animation. But its a LEGO film. Made to show the pain of WWII and wars in general. Inspired by a certain ad.
Song by chopin. Enjoy.

Last edited by General armendariz (January 4, 2011 (03:30pm))

Re: WWII 'Believe'

A very nice film!
I loved how everything was just frozen and the camera was still moving.
The black and white made it a bit more serious, which is good in this case.
This could have been a proper TOY entry mini/tongue.
I hope to see more films like this.

5/5

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

T.G-Tom wrote:

A very nice film!
I loved how everything was just frozen and the camera was still moving.
The black and white made it a bit more serious, which is good in this case.
This could have been a proper TOY entry mini/tongue.
I hope to see more films like this.

5/5

Thanks for the comment tom, I assumed it wasn't proper for the TOY contest because it has to do with violence. But glad you liked it.

I just need to watch to 0:20 to know this is good. I watched the whole thing though.
Congrats on having the first 2011 in the directory so far.

Already saw it before on eurobricks, but it's still great! It's amazing how you succeeded in putting so much emotion in it without even touching (animating) the minifigs. Lovely!

I do have one question, though: did you do the camera movement in life-action or stop-motion? I mean of those that you didn't do in post-production. They where very smooth! mini/smile

-pacific

I quite liked it actually. Nice to see a lego WW2 film which isn't about American soldiers blowing up Nazis (no offence to American soldiers at all, I just get tired of people making films where American soldiers shoot loads of Nazis, especially in lego. Germans suffered from the war too, so I'm glad this doesn't show victory, more pain. I personally don't think the germans were bad people, most were soldiers serving for their countries, not evil Nazis like how many films show them. This is why I like stuff like 'All quiet on the western front' and dislike stuff like 'Saving private Ryan'). WW2, and any war in fact are very serious issues, I liked how, although it's lego, it's still very serious.
Would have worked for TOY, but I think for that you had to have 50% stop motion. I personally would have liked to have seen a little bit of animation, but the camera work was still very good on it's own. mini/wink