Topic: The Legend of Ignaqua

Directory Link

The Legend of Ignaqua

trailer on youtube
full movie on vimeo

Independent film, made in stop-motion + 3D.

Re: The Legend of Ignaqua

that was awesome i liked the mix off the stop animation and 3D it worked well
this was also the best Bionicle animation i have seen so far
and would love it if you made a second one
my only little complaint is the trailer it didn't really show anything, don't know if that was your idea or not
other then that it was amazing and it deserves something i think

Youtube
As a mortal, I was called by the name Duffcow56. That time has passed. I am now Duffosaur, ravager of worlds. Look on me and despair.

This was AWESOME! I'm serious, this could be a Bionicle Feature Film. Could you please upload a version on YouTube, so I can favorite it? This truly holds to the spirit of the Bionicle Theme!

15/10

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

goldencamerastudios wrote:

This was AWESOME! I'm serious, this could be a Bionicle Feature Film. Could you please upload a version on YouTube, so I can favorite it? This truly holds to the spirit of the Bionicle Theme!

15/10

Thank you very much for your appreciation.
Youtube accepts only short films, that's why I put the full version on Vimeo.
If you want, you can send the link to your friends.
Thanks again

Duffcow56 wrote:

that was awesome i liked the mix off the stop animation and 3D it worked well
this was also the best Bionicle animation i have seen so far
and would love it if you made a second one
my only little complaint is the trailer it didn't really show anything, don't know if that was your idea or not
other then that it was amazing and it deserves something i think

Many thanks for your comment.
As for the trailer, I wanted something more mysterious indeed,
not explicitely bionicle stop-motion, so that a wider audience could be interested.

ignaqua wrote:
goldencamerastudios wrote:

15/10

Thank you very much for your appreciation.
Youtube accepts only short films, that's why I put the full version on Vimeo.
If you want, you can send the link to your friends.
Thanks again

You could put it in different parts, like this. I reallly do love this film! And please check out The Beginner's Guide To BiM before you do anything else here. Welcome to BiM. We could use more Brickfilmers like you. mini/wink

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Ur awesome. And do what ol' golden said there. ^

Back In Black!

I've read the beginners guide and I wanted to tell you I've uploaded a making off video
http://www.vimeo.com/18368613

That's "making of", not "making off".

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

minifig051, there's no need for a post that corrects a single typo by another member and makes no comment on the subject of the thread.

Oops, sorry about that. I was just trying to help.

Not literally dead, just no longer interested in Lego or animation.

Congratulations for making such a long stop motion film with your son! We aren't fans of bionicles, but we appreciated the sets and special effects. Great job! mini/bigsmile

The making-of was really interesting and instructive: thanks for showing us the technics and softwares you used. It seemed very professional.

France & Alex wrote:

Congratulations for making such a long stop motion film with your son! We aren't fans of bionicles, but we appreciated the sets and special effects. Great job! mini/bigsmile

The making-of was really interesting and instructive: thanks for showing us the technics and softwares you used. It seemed very professional.

Thanks for your appreciation, I've seen your production and it seems very well done too. The softwares that I've used are somehow expensive (VisionLab, Particle Illusion), but you can do some chromakeying (green screen filming) with free soft, like Wax or Blender. I've never seen Brickfilms using chromakeying, it could be interesting too.

I've only watched a part of it yet, but I'm already impressed. Nice combination of stop motion and CGI, and the moving faces were awesome. You obviously put a lot of work in this.

click->youtube - twitter - vimeosoup

ignaqua wrote:

I've never seen Brickfilms using chromakeying, it could be interesting too.

There are a few brickfilms made with chromakeying...
Here are two of them: (we made the second one)
City Krew and Headache-key

This is an incredible achievement! The animation is so fluid and entertaining - you've really brought the figures to life. The voice acting and effects are also top notch. It is a rare thing to see a brick animation that is so long. It is an even rarer thing to see one that is also enjoyable through out. Well done on all accounts! I hope we will see more from you in the future.

Even though I barely know any French, I really enjoyed the Making Of video as well - you've got some great techniques in there

Wow. That was very good.

I mean, animating a Bionicle is hard enough, but then you animate it on sand and do mouth animations too.

Great job!

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.