Topic: A Suggestion.

Hi everyone.

It's quite obvious that there are numerous complaints because of no update from Schlaeps (yeah know with the Directory down, but that's only one part). People also complain Schlaeps needs to fix the image in sigs size and stuff, and I think we've all come to a point where Schlaeps just doesn't have enough time to come here for hours everyday.
Now please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want Schlaeps not to be the site owner/admin, I love him as an admin, but I think what he should do is this...

Basically, make the moderators (dew films, Night Owl and Sméagol) admins instead. Let's just say every mod is an admin, and we'll pretend there's no such thing as admins, just treat the admins as mods, but only they can do everything admins can. Because there are numerous things that only Schlaeps can do and that the mods should do since he can't come here as often.

Now I know the directory and resources are the main things we want, and the mods can't do that, but at least this way we wouldn't have to worry about most of the forums stuff and Schlaeps doesn't need to come here as much.

Just a thought...

Last edited by Steve (February 9, 2009 (12:42am))

Re: A Suggestion.

Sounds reasonable to me.

It just depends on what things need doing. Coding should all be done by either one person or people who actually document all their changes, otherwise another BF2 "organic" website will be the result.

Smile and say hello to people. It costs you nothing and can brighten their day.

I think Schlaeps should sell the site to a company.

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

I think schlaeps needs to get his act together and finish this site, then he can leave us for as long as he wants.

I think admin powers for the forum are a good idea.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Fantastic idea. Just one flaw.

StevieCollins wrote:

[Schlaeps] just doesn't have enough time to come here for hours everyday.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

That's the problem being addressed...

I think that the three moderators at this moment should all be admins, but if they choose to have more moderators the new ones won't have the same amount of power as them. I think three would be a good idea. Not one overlord, but three that have a system of checks and balances with each other.

I welcome the proposed Oligarchy.

Sean wrote:

That's the problem being addressed...

Except he would be the one making the change.

A certain member of the community should totally buy the site.

- Leo, who seems to be coughing...

Sorry Leo, I tried but Schlaeps said something about Monopoly money not being legal tender or something.

I was willing to throw in Boardwalk too. mini/sad

nice idea, Stevie.

Mods already have enough power. They can lock topics, ban people, delete peoples posts, and edit posts. I'm glad they cant do anymore.

Whilst its poor that Schlaeps has vanished, I couldnt care less. The fact we still have a fully functionable forum is enough for me.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:

The fact we still have a fully functionable forum is enough for me.

I think that's what most people think, although the problem is is that the forum isn't fully functional yet.

A fully functioning forum is what we had at the Refugee Camp. Until the site gets updated with a Directory and the Resources, we're at the same point we were at with the RC.

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

0ldScratch wrote:

Sorry Leo, I tried but Schlaeps said something about Monopoly money not being legal tender or something.

I was willing to throw in Boardwalk too. mini/sad

Rofl! That comment made my day.

I don't think it's a bad idea.

However, if the mods have the power to mess with the code, remember:

Thou shalt document thy code thoroughly, yea, even if thy fingers are pained, and that thy code be short and readable, and thy days pleasant and productive.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/RockyFS/things/sigbim1_copy.jpg

-Available to answer questions on Hardware, Software, and Audio. Also, I recommend checking out the offical Free Software List

What I find rather ironic (or something) is that BiM was made so that the admin would communicate with the community and listen to what they had to say, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now. But over on Brickfilms, the developers are asking us questions and listening to what they have to say and everything. Actually, Brickfilms is more "complete" than BiM currently is.

Not an insult, just something I happened to notice.

I'm in favor of giving mods admin powers in the forum.

But this isn't Schlaeps' job, it's a side project, and he's juggling it with highschool and college oportunities. If the people working on BF didn't have a more complete site, than jeez. It's like you're brother who's 5 years younger than you learning how to play the guitar faster and better than you.

Riley wrote:

But this isn't Schlaeps' job, it's a side project, and he's juggling it with highschool and college oportunities. If the people working on BF didn't have a more complete site, than jeez. It's like you're brother who's 5 years younger than you learning how to play the guitar faster and better than you.

The issue I am having is that even though Schlaeps has a very busy life and this is only a side-project, he won't let other people in on the project. This whole website depends on one person, and that's someone with not much time on his hands.