Topic: [THAC 8] The Stoplight

Directory Link

THAC8: The Stoplight

Moo-Ack!

Content commentary

This is my entry to THAC 8, with the theme of ambition.
Maybe more than the film itself, I think I was ambitious in undertaking my first film and cg combined project in a 24 hour time frame, but by sheer miracle it actually went smoothly.

A few discrepancies, no time for real sound editing, but overall, I'm pleased to present you with my words of wisdom

~PWC
Moo-Ack!

Last edited by PdoubleyouC (January 5, 2011 (03:31am))

http://theduckcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/design_flaw.png
Moo-ack Productions! Latest release: "Design Flaw"~Patrick W. Crawford

Re: [THAC 8] The Stoplight

Review

After watching your more recent works, such as the design flaw trailer, I was expecting something really good here, however I found myself quite disappointed. The animation was fine, as was the lighting and focus aspects, in-fact the film pretty much was fine, however the lack of set was the biggest let down I think. The green-screening didn't compensate either. And unfortunately that's not all... the story didn't really fit the theme. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think going at a stoplight on red is that much of an ambition.

Story: 5/10
Animation: 7/10
Cinematography: 4/10
Set Design: 3/10
Entertainment Factor: 6/10
Overall: 25/50

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Re: [THAC 8] The Stoplight

LegOpinions wrote:

Review

After watching your more recent works, such as the design flaw trailer, I was expecting something really good here, however I found myself quite disappointed. The animation was fine, as was the lighting and focus aspects, in-fact the film pretty much was fine, however the lack of set was the biggest let down I think. The green-screening didn't compensate either. And unfortunately that's not all... the story didn't really fit the theme. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think going at a stoplight on red is that much of an ambition.

Thanks for taking the time to review it mini/smile
I have to say, I disagree with "lack of set", but I suppose it's a different from usual approach in brickfilming. Regardless of the time constraint, I saw no way to get the desert highway look with the lego pieces I have, so I found it necessary to opt for cg, which turned out quite near to how I intended. TO be entirely fair, the overlap of the two aspects was more distracting than not...but it was my first attempt

As for the theme... well, literately, you have a point mini/tongue Symbolically, though, I find it quite compelling to the idea of ambition; I could try and go through and explain how a stoplight is any sort of personal barrier or blocking point in life where there indeed should not be one/where it is insignificant (hence being the most pointless stoplight...). But if viewers can't really work it out on their own, then maybe I failed more than I had thought

Regardless, thanks for the feedback- especially for the appreciation of my more long term work mini/XD

http://theduckcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/design_flaw.png
Moo-ack Productions! Latest release: "Design Flaw"~Patrick W. Crawford