Topic: The policeman from outer space

Directory Link

The policeman from outer space

Youtube

He drops into the crime scene, ready to take on anything.

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

Re: The policeman from outer space

Hi. I'm new to this website and forum so I thought I would submit one of my animations to introduce myself. It's not perfect, but I'm fairly pleased with it considering that I'm new to animation.

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

Wow! are you new to animation!!!??? Well these are jolly good animations! 4.9/5  mini/eek
(oh yeah welcome to bricks in motion)

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

roblego2 wrote:

Wow! are you new to animation!!!??? Well these are jolly good animations! 4.9/5  mini/eek
(oh yeah welcome to bricks in motion)

Thanks, I'm glad to be here.

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

Wow, that's surprisingly good! But you do know that in real life, cops hardly ever kill people, right? I watched your other video too, great stuff!
Welcome to BiM, mrslim, I suggest reading this if you haven't already.

Living LEGO wrote:

Wow, that's surprisingly good! But you do know that in real life, cops hardly ever kill people, right? I watched your other video too, great stuff!
Welcome to BiM, mrslim, I suggest reading this if you haven't already.

Cool, that's pretty useful. One thing it doesn't seem to explain is how to set a picture as your signature. Unlike the avatar bit, I can't find an upload image button and there's only a box for writing in.

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

Oh, no, you have to copy an image from another site like flickr.

Formerly "brickflix"

I am a nonfilming user...for now.

Oops, that was me^^

Congrats on winning! A great short with some nice masking and smooth animation. Very enjoyable indeed, looking forward to seeing more from you.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Congrats on winning! A great short with some nice masking and smooth animation. Very enjoyable indeed, looking forward to seeing more from you.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

mini/jaw  OMG. DUBBLE POZT!! mini/jaw

phantom wrote:

Oh, no, you have to copy an image from another site like flickr.

Ohhh, thanks. Can you copy pictures from facebook?

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

LegOpinions wrote:

Thanks mini/bigsmile

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

Living LEGO wrote:

mini/jaw  OMG. DUBBLE POZT!! mini/jaw

lol

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

That was awesome. Really, the masking is impressing, and the animation is surprisingly smooth. Things that I wouldn't expect from a newbie. Also, great title mini/XD.

MPfist0 wrote:

That was awesome. Really, the masking is impressing, and the animation is surprisingly smooth. Things that I wouldn't expect from a newbie. Also, great title mini/XD.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to animation, and I'm prepared to remake any shots that look rubbish, even if they took hours to animate mini/smile

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

I just saw this in the film queue.

It started out great. I was surprised by the quality of the animation and camera movements (seemed like the framerate was a little low, perhaps), but then it got to the ending. I was shocked and disappointed that you chose to have the cop shoot the criminal. As LivingLEGO said, cops hardly ever kill people in real life. Even though your film isn't real life, his actions still affect how we see the characters, and when the cop shot the mugger (and presumably killed him), I immediately saw him in a negative light, despite him being the hero.

So, in the future, be careful when choosing what your characters do, because that is what defines them.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I remember seeing this quite a while ago on youtube. Watching this again I am struck by the good effects, animation and camera movements. Nice work. (But as many have said, policemen are peaceofficers, and they rarely shoot people.)

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

Littlebrick wrote:

I just saw this in the film queue.

It started out great. I was surprised by the quality of the animation and camera movements (seemed like the framerate was a little low, perhaps), but then it got to the ending. I was shocked and disappointed that you chose to have the cop shoot the criminal. As LivingLEGO said, cops hardly ever kill people in real life. Even though your film isn't real life, his actions still affect how we see the characters, and when the cop shot the mugger (and presumably killed him), I immediately saw him in a negative light, despite him being the hero.

So, in the future, be careful when choosing what your characters do, because that is what defines them.

I was keen to finish it so that I could enter it into a competition before the deadline. I now think that I should have taken more care with the story and I'll do this when I make my future animations. 

Thanks for the review mini/smile

signature
                                         My Youtube channel

That was technically solid, with some nice visual touches. While cops do shoot people (sometimes through their own poor judgment or aggression), I'd agree that the ending was a little cold.