Topic: B-Men

Directory Link

B-Men

YouTube

They hoped for the best. They planned for the worst.

I know this is not one of my best films but I hope you like it.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Re: B-Men

Your getting better mini/smile But you gotta watch out for your reflection on the Lego, and there was to much light flicker

Last edited by RedBeard (November 9, 2010 (05:05pm))

I can't brickfilm for now. See you guys later.

Too much light flicker! GAH!  In the first scene I could see your entire body reflected on the bricks and it was really distracting.  Oh, and if you want to have better picture quality, titles, be able to mix sound and not make the yellow of your LEGO people look like mustard, buy an editing software.

EEK! i saw your reflection for the first 13 seconds in those shiny black bricks mini/jaw o well... it happens to everyone. There was still light flicker, but not as much as your other ones. i suggest you start practicing the walk cycle with the arms actually moving- don't go do forrestfire's walk cycle where the arms don't move (not being mean, it's just annoying) i like the grren light effect. the set was nice. it was HUGE! did you mask at 1:14? the gun effects could have been better. the story was ok... all it was was that they needed to bring the suitcase somewhere... but the end was funny. nice job
- emayesoen

MadLibs wrote:

...the yellow of your LEGO people look like mustard...

mini/lol
Anyway, I think I had posted a comment on the video before, but I think the greatest part was the voice actor who played... the boss-guy.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

Yeah. He's a good actor. Ok. I'm releasing one more movie before New Years. After that I'll have good editing software and a QC9P. I'm so mad about that stupid light flicker and reflection! Oh, well I'll work on it. Thanks for the feedback. I've gotta get rid of that reflection! I know there's a specific thread for it but there weren't that good suggestions. Any others?

| Website |

Just remember when you're using the QCP9K to set every setting, including the advanced settings, on manual.  If you don't every time, light flicker will ensue.

EddieHasscle wrote:

Yeah. He's a good actor. Ok. I'm releasing one more movie before New Years. After that I'll have good editing software and a QC9P. I'm so mad about that stupid light flicker and reflection! Oh, well I'll work on it. Thanks for the feedback. I've gotta get rid of that reflection! I know there's a specific thread for it but there weren't that good suggestions. Any others?

Wait dont get a QC9P, if you can, save up to get the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. Its a lot better mini/yes

I can't brickfilm for now. See you guys later.

I think it was quite good, and surely a huge improvement. I must say I was very focused in the story I didn't almost noticed the light flicker and didn't noticed at all the reflection. Maybe it's because I had such a good day today. I liked it, some parts looked very cinematic, and the green light was very nice. The movie only suffered in the technical aspects: bad masking, poor effects, choppy animation? I don't care. Keep making movies, you'll get much better.

I actually enjoyed this. Other than the obvious flaws pointed out above (horrible light flicker, changing focus in every frame) I think the biggest problem was your storytelling. Don't feel like you have to show everything that's happening and don't feel like you have to wait until the end of an action to finish a shot. The best example of this was the shot where the B-Men were picking up their guns from the rack. This and the subsequent shots just kept the audience waiting for something interesting to happen - it's an action movie, that means the action needs to kick in right away.

I look forward to your future work!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Thanks guys! I realize this movie will make you cringe (nothing to do with the story) when you see it. I really need to work on the technical aspects! Thanks

| Website |

It's a big improvement from you.
But you have to found a better concept...

Sound: 5
Effects: 5
Cinematography: 5
Animation: 4
Story: 2
Overall: 5/10

Good job!

Last edited by Loïc F-B (November 10, 2010 (06:21pm))

I quite liked it.