Topic: World War 2: Operation Husky

Directory Link

World War 2: Operation Husky

Link

This is my last minute entry to the VisualCompany’s Lego Battle contest. I started this last week and I’ve been animating a lot to get it done in time. The film takes place during the invasion of Sicily during World War 2…

Music: Bim Bam Smash, False King, and Master of Shadows

Re: World War 2: Operation Husky

very well done. there's a lot i can compliment on, so let me start. your effects were great. I loved how when the boat (i think it was the door thingy of the boat) opened, that war was in action! you managed to pull off different muzzle flare angles, but in my opinion, they were kind of large. I think the muzzles could have been a bit smaller. i liked how you designed the minifigures, do you mind telling me where you got those parts? there bodies (the design) fit the video perfectly. I loved how you had the video blur in and out- like the professionals make it so you can see close, and far. Some may think that's strange, but it gives the perfect allusion that the person watching the video is actually taking part in it. The set was well, large and big. you had the right pieces, such as various mountain pieces which i saw in the background.

I barely saw any light flicker though-out the entire video, which was great! May i ask what type of camera you use? The music fit the different scenes well, especially at around 1:50 when

Spoiler (click to read)

the other squad was down.

it made the mood sad. But it was a little difficult for me to hear- even with my volume all the way up, but this could just most likely be a problem with my computer. The weapons looked identical to the actual weapons.
     ♦ correct me if i'm wrong, but with rough knowledge on WWII, wasn't it actually WWI that took place on that beach, and it was WWII that took place at pearl harbor? this takes a major part in this video, because it could be a major factor. i loved the scene where they were all shooting in a row (2:02) all the different camera angles were great! in my opinion, the animation was great! smooth, and fantastic, just the way i like it!
you also had some key signature parts in this video. One of them, was when the character is in danger (3:20) i loved the ending how it turned into a frozen gray shot. that really enforced it.

So the only part i would look in to, is where a put a '♦' next to. i really gotta get my facts straight. I really love videos based on history (my best subject in school) and i love videos in lego. so when they come together, it's my all time favorite thing. So i think you did a VERY VERY VERY well job on this. how long did you spend making this? You have also earned a subscription from me on youtube. I can't wait to see more from you. i would recommend this video to every brickfilmer i know. Once again, VERY well.
                                                                                    *9/10 stars*
                                                                                            mini/wink

- emayesoen

It's great but I dont like the musics you used, you should have done like in the movie Saving private ryan, during battle scene there is no music, only the noise made by the guns and tanks, etc...

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/sig.png

I love it mini/bigsmile the effect's was awsome and good animations!

Why are you looking at my signature?
Mod edit: Your signature started it.
... Oh yeah.