Re: The Day the Brickfilmers Rebeled

I have my doubts, but I really dont see why you shouldn't try. Good luck!

RealBrick wrote:

You probably didn't even brickfilm when this happened.

Firstly:

0ldScratch wrote:

You know what, guys? I bet Frank Miller and Zac Snyder weren't actually there at the Battle of Thermopylae. That didn't stop them turning out a kick-ass movie about it that was probably quite historically accurate, mostly.

Secondly, Spielberg wasn't involved in the Holocaust - yet he still made 'Schindler's List', which sits comfortably at Number 7 of IMDB's Top 250 Movies of All Time (although 'Avatar' is at 123, so I question the credibility of the list). Speaking of which: Francis Ford Copella was never involved with the Mafia, yet both of his movies sit at Number 1 and 2 of said list. And I bet no-one in 'Ben Hur' had seen the Death of Christ, or no-one in 'The Ten Commandments' actually saw Moses part the red sea. Tim Burton never met Ed Wood and was never on set with him, but did that stop Burton making a Bio-Epic about him? And did Alfred Hitchcock ever get stabbed repeatedly by a manic whilst in the shower, or have a neighbour who he thought was a murderer?

Your Argument is Invalid. You lose. Good day sir.

(EDIT: Changed a couple of spelling errors)

Last edited by Max Butcher (October 17, 2010 (02:34am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Please people. STOP MAKING POINTLESS THREADS. Thanks to Eddie and phantom, we've already increased the number to 3 (4 if you count the deleted one). JUST NO.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

All listen to the above post, from it eminates wisdom and truth!

Okay. I'm currently on vacation so don't expect any more posts until Monday. Let's just say for now that I'm going with jargon's idea. Cya.

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

Max Butcher wrote:

I have my doubts, but I really dont see why you shouldn't try. Good luck!

RealBrick wrote:

You probably didn't even brickfilm when this happened.

Firstly:

0ldScratch wrote:

You know what, guys? I bet Frank Miller and Zac Snyder weren't actually there at the Battle of Thermopylae. That didn't stop them turning out a kick-ass movie about it that was probably quite historically accurate, mostly.

Secondly, Spielberg wasn't involved in the Holocaust - yet he still made 'Schindler's List', which sits comfortably at Number 7 of IMBD's Top 250 Movies of All Time (although 'Avatar' is at 123, so I question the credibility of the list). Speaking of which: Francis Ford Copella was never involved with the Mafia, yet both of his movies sit and Number 1 and 2 of said list. And I bet no-one in 'Ben Hur' had seen the Death of Christ, or no-one in 'The Ten Commandments' actually saw Moses part the red sea. Tim Burton never met Ed Wood and was never on set with him, but did that stop Burton making a Bio-Epic about him? And did Alfred Hitchcock ever get stabbed repeatedly by a manic whilst in the shower, or have a neighbour who he thought was a murderer?

Your Argument is Invalid. You loose. Good day sir.

I praise you Max Butcher!] mini/delirium

Lg Productions
http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/Lgmaster6/TheBoxManSigniture.jpg

Please stop whining about this thread, guys. Five mods besides myself have posted here and we know how to do our jobs.

This thread isn't pointless. He's trying to start a community project.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I was already thinking about doing a documentary about "The Split" when Eddie started this thread. It would be much more successful if we did it all together.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Max Butcher wrote:

Secondly, Spielberg wasn't involved in the Holocaust - yet he still made 'Schindler's List', which sits comfortably at Number 7 of IMBD's Top 250 Movies of All Time (although 'Avatar' is at 123, so I question the credibility of the list). Speaking of which: Francis Ford Copella was never involved with the Mafia, yet both of his movies sit and Number 1 and 2 of said list.

Your Argument is Invalid. You loose. Good day sir.

The fact you refer to IMDB makes your post invalid.

But, I do agree with you.

Yeah, I too question the validity of the list. But it proves that they are humongously popular films - so the majority of the public like it. And its very refreshing to NOT have 'Citizen Kane' in the Top 10.

Anyways: I have said all I need to say, as I think has everyone else. I hope this will be the last post made that doesn't contribute to the concept.

YouTube
Max, She/They

I just have one suggestion. TaaB should be CGI, so that we get a real Uncanny Valley feel from her.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

I saw some of the split, but I had no account then, because my parents didn't let me...

I had no idea about the blackmail though...

To me, TaaB sounds like someone who didn't understand what she was doing, and mis-understood the reason for the site, and didn't communicate enough to see what she was doing wrong.

I thought this was about someone's Parents for a second there.

I never saw Brickfilms.com before death.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Ok. I'm back early. Let's take a vote. Should this be a Joint project or Let me make the movie? Post your votes please.

| Website |

A joint project would be awesome.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Do it yourself. From what I ssee, joint projects tend to be disorganized and don't get finished.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

You mean like a community project? Yeah, they tend to end up dying, Super, Boom Di Yada, one that BertL organized, and a couple more I can't remember all died slow painful deaths (not because of the organizer), the only successful one that I can remember was "The Day Brickfilms.com Crashed", which worked because it was all just random scenes of people, and there weren't assigned scenes. If someone didn't do their scene, that was fine.

So basically, if you're really motivated to make this film, then probably do it on your own, because you only need to depend on yourself. Or maybe you could try a co-production. Working with someone else on a project really makes you more motivated to get it finished, plus it takes a big load off of you.

Oh, and you spelled "rebelled" wrong, btw.

Last edited by Danimation (October 18, 2010 (01:13am))

Danimation wrote:

Super, Boom Di Yada, one that BertL organized, and a couple more I can't remember all died slow painful deaths.

Looks like we got ourselves *sunglasses* a murder mystery.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Just Kidden wrote:

A joint project would be awesome.

-JK

Ok. As much as I would like to make a community project, I think I'll make one by myself. But, I will be open to recommendations, and if some people who were there during the split want to record voices, I would be very grateful! Just give me your name and I will send you a PM with your lines and what email to send the redordings to. mini/bigsmile

| Website |

So will this be a brickfilm remaking what happend or is it a real life documentary?

Happy THACing mini/sunnies