Topic: Experiences

Got any funny, scary or just wierd experiences you've had while animating?  Like the time  your sister runs into your room with her pet gecko on her head.  Or the time when your lego started to levitate without any good reason?  Here's the place to post it.

Re: Experiences

YES. My cat had a seizure while he was standing on top of my set. Did not end well. Would have been nice if he hadn't urinated...

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

It's spelled "Experiences". mini/tongue

One time my pet rabbit pooped on my LEGO. That's about it.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I stacked a bunch of boxes high up with a lamp on top, so that I could light my set from above. My set was this giant Lego town I have. Well my cat came (she's normally very careful) but her tail just barely brushed the bottom of the towering stack. Crash bang tumble etc. Shattered the top floor of my building completely (it would have been spectacular if it had been caught on video!) and my cat hissed and ran out of the room, jumping over another building and knocking the Lego guy on top clean off.

No peeing or pooping, I've been pretty clean with my Legos. My studio pretty much consists of a pool/billiard (snooker) table and a twenty foot radius around with, with pieces of Legos all over the ground. Parents= not happy. Cat= PLAYGROUND!!!

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

Fat+Cat+Set+zzz=annoyance.
mini/blankexpression

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Duke Boy wrote:

Fat+Cat+Set+zzz=annoyance.
mini/blankexpression

What? mini/tongue

-JK

His cat slept on his set.

A spider once crept up the wall behind the set and I was unaware of this until I played it back and what I saw was a hyperactive spider shoot up the wall. Don't have the video though.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Sorry about misspelling the title guys.  Apart from that I'm getting some cool and funny responses to this.  Rabit pooped on lego?  I'll never look at your video's the same JK.

MadLibs wrote:

Sorry about misspelling the title guys.  Apart from that I'm getting some cool and funny responses to this.  Rabit pooped on lego?  I'll never look at your video's the same JK.

Don't worry, I cleaned it up. mini/tongue

-JK

Come on!  Let's have more experiences!

This. I win, hands down.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

That's pretty nasty.  A while back we had some little moth things in our house.  We found some in our cabinets and our hamsters food bag.  We cleaned it all out and that got rid of them.  I didn't have any get into my LEGOs, though.  That must have been a hassle to clean up.

As the creator the of this thread, I know this is an experience but as of now I won't be able to sleep for a week without having dreams about nasty larve worm things running aroung in my house.  Let's have some, erm, G rated experiences. mini/tongue

its always a cat right? mine happened when my desk callapsed (spelling i think)

My dog jumped up and put his paws on my set... it was the end of that Lego world

Well, this doesn't really aply for "weird" but my little brother LOVES to mess around with my sets/lighting/camera/etc. during shots. Sometimes I build a set to use later, but when I return my brother already destroyed it while playing "Lego Wars". mini/madhead  Drives me insane.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/youtube.jpghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/StudioL30/Random-Pictures/sitelogo.jpg

Well, I can always remember the time that I was filming (This was way back in my brickfilming career. I was using an old camcorder and VHS tapes. They stunk and they are not online.) Anyway, I was filming and my dog jumped up onto my bed where I was filming (most crappy movies ever!) and the boat I was filming fell off the bed and then my dog started attacking it! Good thing that was the explosion scene! mini/bigsmile

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

sounds a little... ironic...  mini/shifty

Well, once I was animating, all fine, then I went out of the room to get a drink.

When I came back, I sat down, and the preview screen was darker than before.

I looked at my set to see that one of my lamps was missing, and then I saw it on the floor.

It had fallen down, and the bulb had been smashed, and I'm not sure how, but it was switched off, no fire or sparks or anything.

I have no idea how the hell it happened.