Re: Be your character on Halloween! +General discussion of Halloween!

TBDude wrote:

So I put someone in my sig and act like them on Halloween?

And get arrested for fraud. BTW, thanks for quoting me in your sig.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Get arrested for fraud UNLESS you dress up like an FBI agent. mini/XD

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

I would much rather be myself on Halloween than dress up as someone else. Filthy Mudbloods and Muggles, trying to hide their blood status by dressing up as purebloods. My father will talk to the Minister about this, you'll see, he'll put an end to this madness.

~ Draco Malfoy.

And also, Hagrid may also be a good person to impersonate here on the forums, the way he speaks is very interesten' and it do'n take much effort ter write like him, I'm tellin' yer.

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

I need to find a pic of Max Butcher

Lol nice one DerTarchin!

Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

I'll probably me Mr. Pink.

If i'll be mister bean, does that mean i can't talk?

Youtube]~Blog]~Facebook]
我的刀片将开道我的心告诉我,跟随。

Max Butcher wrote:

I'm definitely going to be an Alan Rickman character - either Snape, The Sherrif of Nottingham (THE TREASURY IS EMPTY!!), or Hans Gruber.

-MRB

You of all people should be 1960's Batman.

Scypax wrote:

Lol, I suppose we can also use it as a general discussion about Halloween as well.

We can? oh ok.
I dont get Halloween, like what is the point?
So you wake up on the 31st and go about your business completely unaware that it is Halloween, until your mum looks on the calender and says. She then gets the idea that she must buy some sweets to make sure that if the 8 year old chavs come and blackmail us we have enough to appease them. And then when you finally get trough the night without anyone coming to the door you realize that you have a bag of rubbish little sweets that nobodies going to eat.
So really the only outcome is that some old person has a heart attack after being raided by chavs. Some bank gets robbed because the police were wasting their time chasing after 8 year olds and giving out ASBOs. Tesco makes a huge profit on sweet sales. And some little children get fat.
Am i missing something here, because to me the most interesting part of Halloween is the themed Google logo?

Last edited by TDogg186 (September 15, 2010 (05:02pm))

Americans tend to celebrate a bit more jovially. With, y'know, less blackmail and vandalism.

That is hilariously accurate, TDogg.

I'm going to be a ghost. BOO!

AHH, I'M SCARED! mini/jaw

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png

Jargon wrote:

Americans tend to celebrate a bit more jovially. With, y'know, less blackmail and vandalism.

Yeah, where I live Halloween is a day where you are suppose to have fun and do stuff with your friends all evening. There's not a single time that I know of around my neighborhood where anyone's house was blackmailed or vandalized (except one person threw toilet paper over a few trees a few houses down, but that's the only thing in all my life that I remember.)

P.S. - I see you became a moderator Jargon. Well done. I believe Smeagol (or whichever higher-up promoted you) chose well.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

We have never had any vandalism in out neighborhood. Pretty nice actually, except the people next door always overdecorate and get yelled at by an angry parent when little Timmy gets scared by the shrieking motion sensor grim reaper statue in the garden(honestly, who spends 90 dollars at target for that thing?).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

TDogg, the point is to buy some candy that you like.  Then if there's treats left over, you don't mind eating it. mini/bigsmile   

I don't like the evil-looking/macabre decorations or costumes, but I love it when the little ones come to the door dressed as princesses, cowboys, and cute animals!

On halloween I'll be out trying to scare kids sooo...

Won't be here to show off mah haloween avy D:

(If I get one of course mini/tongue )

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/SpeedyGonZohan/GIMPStuff/SignaturesBiM/match.png

Interesting view on Halloween Tdogg. But I've never heard of the things you've mentioned done around my town/area.

I think Halloween, however, is more of what you personally make it to be. For me, the day somehow brings a great sense of atmosphere and joy into the air, just as Christmas does...of course I admit the feeling could just be from my personal viewpoint or just basically knowing it's here. The point of Halloween for me is to ~feel~ that it's here. It's really hard to explain what I mean, I suppose it's just the most powerful Holiday for me in the second most powerful season (Winter is 1st).

So yeah, it's just based on your personal viewpoint. From what you've said, it seems you are letting people ruin Halloween for yourself.

Straying away from that a bit, I also don't think Halloween has to be scary in order to be, or feel like, Halloween. I think it's all in good fun to have a fright or two, but I look at the spooky stuff as an addition to a larger picture. It's more about the festive feeling and atmosphere for me. There's nothing quite like it.

Candy is fun, but what I really prefer is a spiced pumpkin mocha. mini/wink

TDogg186 wrote:
Scypax wrote:

Lol, I suppose we can also use it as a general discussion about Halloween as well.

We can? oh ok.
I dont get Halloween, like what is the point?
So you wake up on the 31st and go about your business completely unaware that it is Halloween, until your mum looks on the calender and says. She then gets the idea that she must buy some sweets to make sure that if the 8 year old chavs come and blackmail us we have enough to appease them. And then when you finally get trough the night without anyone coming to the door you realize that you have a bag of rubbish little sweets that nobodies going to eat.
So really the only outcome is that some old person has a heart attack after being raided by chavs. Some bank gets robbed because the police were wasting their time chasing after 8 year olds and giving out ASBOs. Tesco makes a huge profit on sweet sales. And some little children get fat.
Am i missing something here, because to me the most interesting part of Halloween is the themed Google logo?

Hahahaha. I still think that Halloween is the awesomeest holiday of all though. Because it's an excuse to go out at night and do stupid things or to watch horror movies all day. Also, this holiday, tere are no gay family meetings.

@Tdogg: You're probably missing the point of halloween: it's a holiday. End.