Topic: Visions: A DaD Entry

Directory Link

Visions: A DaD Entry

Youtube

This was an entry for the BiM DaD contest.

Re: Visions: A DaD Entry

what fps did you use. (really great movie)

Great stuff. I doubt it was the idea to know what was going on since it was a vision and stuff so I dunno why people are complaining. (on youtube)

It was shot at 18fps. I usually do 15, but for some reason lately everything seems too slow.

Hmm, its very similar to my entry - but much better. Sure, it doesn't make sense - but a vision isn't supposed to.

Technically, it far exceeds mine. The atmosphere created is great, cinematography is nice, and the animation was good. Its much more to the point then mine, but the problem is I found it a little short - the lengthy opening credits made me think it would go on a little longer, but the vision ended just when it began. I suppose, that's what a visions like though....

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Personally, I liked more Max entry. But yes, yours is very well done.

Okay, I'm going to be honest. It sorta failed in horror. The music is kinda overused. It really lacked story. So imo it's really just some piece of 'eye candy' to look at and drool over. Like yeah it looked nice and nicely put together, but I just didn't find it good enough.

2.5/5

(At this point, I'm probably going to be yelled at.)

Animation was great. I could actually understand what was happening, unlike everyone else apparently. mini/tongue

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

It's supposed to be like that guy's. I realize the plot is hard to understand. You are supposed to interpret it how you like.

<3

http://imgur.com/qO642.png

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for resurrecting such an old thread. Having said that, I'm curious. I remember this video in particular as being the first "brick film" I ever watched. There were quite a few of these stop motion videos that I watched back in the day and would like to watch again now, only to find that they no longer exist. To get to the point, does anyone know how to access videos like this that have been removed from YouTube, if such a way even exists? Is there some person on here who almost serves as a "Keeper of the Brick Films" and has some of these archived? I ask because it would be really cool to watch videos like this one again.

The Brickfilm Archival Project is the place to look for old films like this.
Enjoy!

Unfortunately, once a video is removed from YouTube, there is very little you can do. It's actually easier to find older, pre-YouTube films that may still be on someone's hard drive or may have had their direct download saved by Archive.org. The only thing I can think to do would be track down the creator and try to get in contact, but it mightn't be possible without a real name.

Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, it would appear this video has been lost to the sands of time. Tis a shame, as I really would have liked to have watched this once more. Oh well. Thanks again.