Re: Happy Septemberfest Everyone!

No one can ruin the fun that is TCOTY!

There were some odd spelling errors and miscellaneous typos that made the intent of your post unclear, RealBrick.  Here's my best effort at interpreting what you meant to say.

RealBrick sorta wrote:

Guys, TCOTY is the greatest thing ever put on video. It transcends the classification of a mere brickfilm while telling the beautiful story of a poor man with a bad temper who gets manipulated by a hilarious yet chilling villain, who concocted a web of deceit in which our beloved protagonist falls prey -- in helping what he believes to be a bum on the streets. I am really delirious about this and would love it if you would all come to understand what a masterpiece this film truly is. It is the most underrated film here. Squash, I guess I was just a bit too oblivious to realize you are a fellow fan of the film, and to realize you were kidding, but I will always know "tcoty" as the most worthwhile cause in this community. Unrenewable pales in comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Hm, actually, the more time I spend on BiM during Septemberfest, the more I'm starting to love TCOTY. I'm not sure if it's some kind of vibe around here, or if the film truly is awesome, but either way I don't really think it's a bad thing.

And thanks for clarifying Smeagol, because I couldn't really tell what he was saying in his original post.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Fun fact, BG: The film truly is awesome.

You people are crazy!

Love does that to people.

HAPPY SEPTEMBERFEST TO ONE AND ALL!

Edit: Sigh...

Last edited by Peanut (September 2, 2010 (04:57pm))

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

Peanut wrote:

MARY

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Happy Septemberfest to you too Smeagol.

RealBrick wrote:

Guys, TCOTY is stupid. It is an average brickfilm about some poor man with a bad temper who gets manipulated by the most absolute annoying character of all time, who hires some actor I take it to play a bum on the streets. I am really tired of this and would love it if you would all stop this. It is ridiculous. Squash, I guess I was just abit too oblivous to realize your spelling mistakes and realize you were kidding, but I will always know "tcoty" as the most ridiculous craze in this community. I am surprised even Unrenewable doesn't get this much praise.

olol unrenewable

I'm surprised you would even compare that average movie to a masterpiece such as The Citizen of the Year.

Edit: I'd marry TCOTY any day.

Last edited by Timothy R (September 2, 2010 (04:59pm))

Armond White wrote:

Guys, TCOTY is stupid. It is an average brickfilm about some poor man with a bad temper who gets manipulated by the most absolute annoying character of all time, who hires some actor I take it to play a bum on the streets. I am really tired of this and would love it if you would all stop this. It is ridiculous. Squash, I guess I was just abit too oblivous to realize your spelling mistakes and realize you were kidding, but I will always know "tcoty" as the most ridiculous craze in this community. I am surprised even Unrenewable doesn't get this much praise.

RealBrick is like Armond White, he rants against great films... but underneath all that hate, he secretely loves them. mini/smile

We all know he secretely ADORES The Citizen of the Year.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eKR8JszaM2A/TB9s6Vu_c4I/AAAAAAAAAMA/5uSBabXIGkY/s320/critic.jpg

EVERYBODY has a deep love for TCOTY, but a few hide the love. mini/sad

Last edited by KinzCove (September 2, 2010 (05:06pm))

I've been meaning to watch the Great Disturbance again. Leftfield has made some great films, among which the absolutely hilarious Aladibababad, which should be a classic.

Taco Trouble, for me, also, ranks as one of my favorite Brickfilms. It made me laugh so incredibly much when I first watched it, and I recommend the sensation to everyone. It is average in animation aspects, but great in writing. In fact, it borders on being the best thing written by man. Which; of course, it can't be, because that honor belongs to the Citizen of the Year.

I also lost my glasses today. I tried to pick them up, but tripped over a rock and got my eyes stabbed out by rusty kitchen knives. But I can live with that - I have already seen COTY, and I have nothing more to see.

I am loving my first Septemberfest. Its a month to celebrate a great film and to celebrate brickfilms themselves. If anyone else does not like the festival they can politey turn a blind eye to it.

Kinzcove wrote:

RealBrick is like Armond White, he rants against great films... but underneath all that hate, he secretely loves them.

That happens with me sometimes. I could talk all day about why 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves' is an awful piece of Hollywood shlop, yet its without a doubt my favourite movie of all time.

"LOCKSLEY!! I'M GONNA CUT YER HEART OUT....WITH A SPOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!"

But with COTY, I know exactly how I feel. I've always thought it a good Brickfilm. You have real sympathy for the protagonist and real hatred for the antagonist and that's what makes it stand out. There's some nice gags like the dead parrots, and how the band in the restaurant stops too that are quite clever.

No, my problem is the 'fanbase'. Do you really feel it necessary to act like a bunch of pricks? OK, I dont mind you creating threads like this - heck, I can put up with you making a Septemberfest Cage Match (although, comparing Citizen Kane to COTY is downright blasphemy and if I were to report this to 4chan you guys would be sent faeces in the post from a load of nuts) but do you have to 'fix' peoples posts? If I were to do that, I would be flamed off this site. You all look like jerks with the IQ of a Youtuber - please stop it. If you think COTY is awesome, fine, say it is. But if someone questions your opinion - either accept they are a troll or backup your opinion with something other than a stupid !@#$ 'fix'.

I'm more than happy to 'politely turn a blind eye', but you guys and your stupid 'fixes' make it so hard for me to do so. I'm not trying to ruin your fun (I encourage fun every time)....but your ruining mine.

-MRB

P.S: Oh, and if Watson shows up and starts acting like James Cameron, I'm taking a months vacation from this site. I would have done so now, but the contest draws me to this site whilst my mind is on Brickfilming.

Last edited by Max Butcher (September 3, 2010 (07:43am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

The joke was funny in 2005, it was funny in 2006, heck it was even funny in 2008. But since 2009, it has gotten old. I'm going to reiterate what Max said, I encourage fun at all times here, I like TCOTY the film, it's great, and I think it's great that there's a month dedicated to a brickfilm. But when people jam it down our throats, like with the Caption Contest, and the fixing of people's posts, it gets annoying, almost to the point of being unbearable.

So neither of you two like fun. Got it.

Asteroidmagenta

Where did we say that?

Max Butcher wrote:

I'm not trying to ruin your fun (I encourage fun every time)....but your ruining mine.

I wrote:

I encourage fun at all times here...

Last edited by mcoov (September 3, 2010 (09:44am))

Asteroidmagenta wrote:

So neither of you two like fun. Got it.

So your idea of fun is being a jerk. Got it.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

You know it's September when the community becomes hostile!

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Now now, let's not resort to namecalling just because some of us don't have a proper appreciation for the greatest brickfilm ever made.