Re: LegOpinion's BiM Contest Reports - Septemberfest Edition

Hay, shouldn't that say entry three? not two?  any-who, really enjoying this LegOpinions, great job.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

Yes, apparently I'm wise.  I'll be taking questions at the top of a mountain, wearing a loincloth. 
I'm getting interviewed, yay! mini/smile

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, You're late.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

He sent me the lines 2 hours ago and I answered them.  I wouldn't call that late.

Unfortunately I missed the deadline yesterday. Thanks for all your support, I'll try and continue it daily however if it's a day late no worries.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

No problem.

so, whens next post?

Hopefully today.

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Septemberfest Survival Guide entry number 4. Not much happening recently, so lets role in the interviews straight away! We got some good ones today.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Interviews

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So to start with today's interviews we have a special with Chuppa, a highly respected and well-looked upon Brickfilmer. Though his films have been quite short in the past, he shows promise. So lets get on with the Interview:

LO: Right, so far in our interviews we have heard quite a bit of variety, will you stand out from the crowd?
Chuppa: Well, my film is in the middle, It will be something the audience will remember slightly. But still has it's originality from the others.

LO: How are you doing with the theme, is it working for you?
Chuppa: The theme's Great! I usually don't bother with Voice Acting because I want to get right into the films raw quality.

LO: Is there any entires you'll be looking forward to especially?
Chuppa: Hmm, I'm looking forwards to JK and Lamplight's entry. Yoder, UniLego and Hazzat would also be some Animators I'll look forward to. But if I listed all of the entries I'm looking forward to I would fill the page

LO: And finally, what are you up to with it at the moment and what can you tell us?
Chuppa: I can't say much, But I just finished the first scene and just started the next set. The name of the film doesn't give away anything, I may even change it near the end of filming. At this stage I'm not giving much away. The most amount of info you'll get is out of the images in 'Frame from your upcoming film' Thread.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is MadLibs, talking about his entry, Crime Doesn't Pay!

LO: So how do you feel the contest is playing out? Do you think it's running smoothly?

MadLibs: Sean has done a great job of organizing this contest.  Aside from the little mix-up with the mod elements (which I'm glad to have gone) this contest should run smoothly and hope to see some exciting entries when the deadline passes.

LO: Right, so can you tell us anything about the films plot?

MadLibs:I can't tell you too much about it now, as I'm in the earlier stages of making it, i.e. Scripting, set building ect.  But it will be about a criminal who gets put behind bars, and this will also be a fist time for me using Helium Frog instead of Monkeyjam and animating in a different environment (my room).  It will also involve lots of running around and chasing. 

LO: And finally, is their any entry in particular from some brickfilmer you're especially excited about? Thanks!

MadLibs: Well, I'm looking forward to LampLight and Just Kiddens "Larrygitis".  As long as JK's chocolate remains safe that's fine with me.  Hope Bodville makes an appearance.  I'd like to see him an his epic camera movements on screen again.  It's been a pleasure being interviewed and my best wishes to everyone who enters!

And finally we have an interview MartyLego, a mature and up-coming brickfilmer in the community:

LO: So how do you feel the contest is playing out? Do you think it's running smoothly?

MartyLego: To be honest I think it was a little unstable to start with because of mod element arguements and such, But since the mod elements are gone most people are reasonably happy.

LO: Right, so can you tell us anything about the films plot?

ML: Its gonna be a tragedy, since tragedies are one of the oldest genres of film i think there should be more of them, but it can be a challenge to make LEGO toys to look serious... It's gonna be mostly in black and white and it Involves some flashbacks, But that's all i'm Saying for now...

LO:And finally, is there any entry in particular from some brickfilmer you're especially excited about?

ML: I am looking forward to seeing ALL the entries but Mainly Lamplight And Just Kidden's Entry.

And that completes our interviews for today! *PM me if you're interested in doing one and I'll send you back the questions.

Updates

So now for today's updates, with a description from LegoStudiosPlus on his film:

After a challenging time to think up a story idea, I completed my short (35 second entry) script two days ago. I have only animated, and edited four seconds, so more than 10% is completed. My partner 2287sally, should film his animation part and finish it, no later than September tenth. I did animate about five more seconds last night, but will not be edited until 2287sally, has finished his animation bit. Guessing that there'll be about 30 entries, I'm hoping to get no worse than 25th place.

Classic of the Day

A special new segment to honor the month of Septemberfest. Remember to give me ideas for what i could choose too, but for today anyway, the Classic of the day is Good Company, by Hali9. A classic horror brickfilmer with fantastic visuals and a great storyline.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Ohh, highly looked upon, I guess I am rather short.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

ololz you made a funnie mini/XD

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

Great to be interviewed LegOpinions.  This thread is epic and it will stay that way.

It seems that everyone is excited for Lamplight and my entry. mini/cat

I feel so loved.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Prepare to die JK and lamplight! mini/tongue

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Well, I sent my PM, but I accidentally called it Reviews instead of something interview related. Oops. mini/tongue

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Splash wrote:

Prepare to die JK and lamplight! mini/tongue

We'll see about that... mini/tongue

Anyways, this is really great how everyone is so hyped about our film. Thanks! mini/bigsmile

C'mon where are the reports. mini/madhead

Sorry, but I've been really busy with commitments recently and I have received no Updates on people's entires or anything so I do not have enough to fill a singe report, however I have opened a Septemberfest Project Updater in the Pro-Production sub-forum where I'll be getting some from, one should be out tonight hopefully. Sorry for the delay.

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Did you get my interview answers?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter