Re: Indiana Jones: Daddy Trouble

The animation was decent, but the humor wasn't to my taste. The technical qualities could have been improved greatly if a little time was taken to address them; if you're going to shoot during the day, taping black trash bags over the windows will pretty much eliminate any naturally caused light flicker. Wearing a black shirt would help as well.

Also, for the rest of you, it would probably help your cause if you stopped telling him what was wrong with his film, and started telling him exactly where and how he could improve.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Genuinely, I thought it would have been just as funny if Indie and his dad were replaced with two random guys named Jonathan, and Richard.

mcoov wrote:

Jonathan, and Richard.

Me and Rsteenoven. mini/bigsmile

I do agree I was a bit harsh, sorry about that.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

This is two film review threads now that have devolved from any semblance of constructive criticism into juvenile name-calling in the last month. That crap only makes you look worse than the members you're trying to elevate yourselves above. Straighten up.

That said...

Ozzy, if you're having fun making your films, great. You should be. But why are you sharing it on BiM?  If all you want is extra views, don't check the review thread. Members here are going to suggest ways to improve and offer honest opinions about whether they found it entertaining. I'm not excusing the reception you got, because it was appallingly rude, but if all you want is praise, stick to YouTube. That's not what this site is for.

One last thing... I'm getting the sickening feeling that there's an entire generation of filmmakers who have no clue what a parody is. Taking two copyrighted characters and using them to act out a largely unrelated "humorous" script is not a parody.

EDIT: By the way, you're not the same Ozzy as the guy who flipped out over negative reviews a few years ago, are you?

Last edited by Noodle (August 15, 2010 (09:30am))

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

I don't think it a lack of originality that's holding this film back (worked well for Avatar), but more I think the overlong script, baseline standard set design and focus on unwitty and mostly unfunny toilet humour.
That said though, the film was entertaining enough in my opinion and you're clearly showing potential as each of your films recently has generally been better than the last. Plus blobstudios did a great job as Henry Sr.

And Ozzy, if you really think that BiM is 'ruining brick-filming' then just leave now and stick to YouTube because that's simply not the case.

I'm truely sorry if I hurt anyone with my comment, I didn't mean to hurt anyone, you guys can review my films, thats ok, but when people personally ATTACK them, it really kills me.  I try real hard to entertain people with something thats at least watchable (although I try and make them great), but every single time I have faith that BiM will enjoy it too, it never works out.

Again I'm really sorry if I hurt anyone, and to all of you who like my stuff and support my films I thank you, and to the rest I'm not going to post anymore films on BiM

Sincerely,
OZZY

OZZYPROD wrote:

I'm truely sorry if I hurt anyone with my comment, I didn't mean to hurt anyone, you guys can review my films, thats ok, but when people personally ATTACK them, it really kills me.  I try real hard to entertain people with something thats at least watchable (although I try and make them great), but every single time I have faith that BiM will enjoy it too, it never works out.

Again I'm really sorry if I hurt anyone, and to all of you who like my stuff and support my films I thank you, and to the rest I'm not going to post anymore films on BiM

Sincerely,
OZZY

It never works out when you post your stuff on BiM because most of your stuff are just shorts using characters from indiana jones, Star Wars, etc. etc. with jokes that not a lot of us really find hilarious. If I were you, I would rather choose to post my films on BiM, because as you probably know the most you'll get out of an average youtuber is "olol that wuz so kewl!!!!1!1!". Trust me, all you need to do is work on your animation a little, get a few lamps, try to build some better sets and hopefully you'll make a quality film someday.

I disagree with the "my films aren't quality" thing.  I may not be as a professional animator as you all but I've made some quality ones by most peoples standards.  But thanks Michael for the constructiveness of your critisism, I'll get another lamp, and try to build bigger sets, but I donno what FPS to use thats gives me REALLY smooth stuff

OZZYPROD, I think you shouldn't worry about size when quality is the key here.

Anyways, back on topic. The film wasn't great, but it wasn't too bad either. The humor wasn't really that funny, but I can see people taking it as a comedy. Animation was average, there is some work needed to be done, though. Lighting was so-so, & the sets were pretty bare. But overall, I don't think this film is so bad. I'd say this film is about a 2/5.

http://tinyurl.com/krwj4ek
http://tinyurl.com/kvxr6umhttp://tinyurl.com/kxofj4mhttp://tinyurl.com/k5fw3syhttp://tinyurl.com/m4rv8tf

Siiiiiggggghhhh mini/no

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Just watched the film, and if you hadn't used Indiana Jones characters, this wouldn't have been bad at all. I can tell it was rushed, as your sets were pretty sparse, the camera work pretty basic, and of course the light flicker. But there was plenty that was done right... your animation wasn't bad at all, and the script was actually pretty good (though it wasn't my style of humor at all) and the acting was solid.

Take a little more time with everything, and don't use copyrighted characters unless the story calls for them. Those two adjustments right there will drastically improve your films. Don't get discouraged by the rudeness you were met with this in this thread... just use it to inspire yourself to shut them up with your next film.

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

Hilarious dude!!!!!!! I hate it when stuff like that happens to me! Animation: 9/10 Voices: 10/10 Script: 8/10

| Website |
So yeah, I'm back from my mind.

I'll try one more time to post a BiM standard "professional film." I'll try and upgrade a little and see where it gets me.