Re: Guitars

T.G-Tom, would you reccomend it?

Yes! It has a good sound (it actually has 5 different sounds) and it's very smooth on the back so you can slide very fast with your hands mini/smile .
I recommend to try it out first before buying it, cause everybody has a different taste y'know mini/wink

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Yeah, I tried out my Telecaster in the shop before I bought. By the way, T.G. would you like to do a bit of composing for me? PM me if you're interested.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I saved up some money and bought an acoustic, with the intention of taking lessons, but the place where I was going to take them shut down. Know of any good online guitar lessons?

Just search on youtube, there are tons of 'em.

Is this any good for a first?

Meh, "Beginner Guitar" sounds like it's a badly made guitar and beginners won't notice so that they make money. You want a normal acoustic, which can cost at least £100 for a good one new.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

that guitar looks and sounds great make sure you invest in a good amp
good luck man
for anyone whos interseted this is my guitar and i love it
Yeah its the same one the jonas brothers use but who cares its a gibson les paul custom
http://www.guitarsandeffects.com/guitarimages2008/rrwLPLPLP/1RRlpcustomW_004.jpg

That's sweet Mutuceba. I'm surprised by how many Bricks in Motion users play Guitar.

Massive online Skype guitar jam anyone? mini/tongue

lil'jj wrote:

Know of any good online guitar lessons?

This guy does some quite nice tutorials for beginners. When I get my guitar, I'll most likely be using these for learning the basics.

Thanks Tom, though my local music shop didn't have that particular guitar but I think I'll get it anyway.

I have this:

http://brianapel.com/images/gibson-sg-standard.jpg

mini/eek
You have a Gibson?

No. I wish it WAS a Gibson. mini/tongue

That is one sexy guitar! =P

It is indeed. It's like a... "Jay Silver" SG. But it is NIIICEEEEE!

While you are thinking about guitars, you might also want to consider its cousin, the Electric Bass, the most underrated instrument in any band. Bass doesn't have the glory associated with guitar, mostly because there are a lot of bad bass players in the world who focus solely on rhythm:

This is what you can do with a Bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVl39LBZGMw

I had a guitar..... mini/sad

GET DA BOOM MICROPHONE OUT OV MA FAAAACCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benlen wrote:

While you are thinking about guitars, you might also want to consider its cousin, the Electric Bass, the most underrated instrument in any band. Bass doesn't have the glory associated with guitar, mostly because there are a lot of bad bass players in the world who focus solely on rhythm:

W00T! go bass! I play bass in a punk band and I also play in my schools jazz band. I've gotten to travel around my state a far bit, which is fun.
I play a Fender Stndrd P Bass special 4-string and a Fender 60s Jazz Bass. I prefer playing jazz over punk, as you have more to do and you also have a bigger presence in the band. Granted I would much rather listen to punk or hard rock than jazz =P

I have a 1957 Fender Telecaster with butterscotch finish. Sounds good with that Fender Super Reverb amp too.

Blacitch wrote:
benlen wrote:

W00T! go bass! I play bass in a punk band and I also play in my schools jazz band. I've gotten to travel around my state a far bit, which is fun.
I play a Fender Stndrd P Bass special 4-string and a Fender 60s Jazz Bass. I prefer playing jazz over punk, as you have more to do and you also have a bigger presence in the band. Granted I would much rather listen to punk or hard rock than jazz =P

That's a sweet bass. Fender is the best. I have this beat up 86 Squier bass that has literally been so road weathered it looks like it fell off a truck. It looks like !@#$ but it has beautiful sounding pickups from when Fender manufactured in Japan, which is why I'll never get rid of the thing.  I'd like to pick up a vintage Fender someday, perhaps a Danalectro Six string bass.

Last edited by benlen (September 14, 2010 (10:39am))