Topic: check out this movie!

you guys have to see this movie! this is an independent film and a family made it. a filmakers inspiration!

http://burnsfamilystudios.com/movies/pendragon/

Last edited by I can only imagine studio (January 25, 2009 (08:06am))

We'll keep our bible
we'll keep our guns
you can keep the change

Re: check out this movie!

This is probably a better thread.

this film needs a thread all to itself! the story is that this family pretty much got together in their ling room and said "lets make a movie" and four years later they released this film.

P.S one interesting fact: they're home-schooled!

We'll keep our bible
we'll keep our guns
you can keep the change

You seem to be homeschooled as well. I actually haven't been able to access that website; there's a 403 error.

You seem to be homeschooled as well.

?
Interesting. I can't really say much, since I see only a few seconds of footage in the trailer. A family making a film together is a happy thought though, I agree.

The website loads fine for me. I think I heard about the film on the Christianfilmmakers forum a while back.

This is weird; I keep getting a 403 error. I'd like to see the trailer, since I'm interested in seeing what people can do with limited means.

How's this, Night Owl: http://burnsfamilystudios.com/movies/pe … easer.html

Nope, doesn't work. Maybe because I'm in Germany.

EDIT: I found a trailer here. It doesn't look like something I'd go out of my way to see, but I admire the audacity it takes to make an indie period piece. Unfortunately, the acting looks somewhat mediocre (and the trailer narration sounded downright cheesy to me), but it looks pretty solid otherwise.

I'm in Holland and it works fine.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

well night owl the reason you didn't like the look of the movie is probably because that trailer isn't very good! i watched it and i think they made it during mid-production because the storyline wasn't even right!

Last edited by I can only imagine studio (January 25, 2009 (02:18pm))

We'll keep our bible
we'll keep our guns
you can keep the change

I didn't say I didn't like the look of the movie; I said the acting didn't look great.

For an independent film made by two families, it's quite impressive.  The DP seemed to have a good eye visually and knew how to make his HD camera simulate like a real film.  Only thing I had against it was poor acting.  Which could also have resulted from poor directing.  But this is typical to these sort of films.  This looks like the kind of movie you find in a red box.  You think "Hey this movie looks like the Sh*t!" but when you put that dvd in you find out it's just plain sh*t mini/sad

Last edited by Vandy (January 25, 2009 (09:27pm))

Man, I've been wanting to see this movie for a long time. I wonder when I'll be able to......

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

mini/mrgreen Green Lego Man mini/mrgreen