Re: BiM 2010: The After Life Experience

Sméagol wrote:

That's...odd.  Just pm the youtube link to BiM 2010 I guess.

Yeah it never works for me to post video responses for some reason, I'm not sure why I even attempted it this time.
btw, consider it sent. mini/wink

I expected it to be somewhat tacky, but liked it quite a bit. Good lighting, very good editing. The lightning was a clever touch.

Real Brick wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

~He technically didn't die so it wasn't an afterlife experience.

Maybe the near-death experience would be a better title.

Night Owl wrote:

I expected it to be somewhat tacky, but liked it quite a bit. Good lighting, very good editing. The lightning was a clever touch.

I'm guessing Night Owl liked the...music the most, maybe?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Real Brick wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

Spoiler (click to read)

You can be dead for like 5-10 minutes before being revived.

That was pretty cool, and I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else on the lighting, it worked really - though it did suffer from the time constraints in which you finished it, which is a shame.

Well done.

Night Owl wrote:

I'm touched. I made a film that you liked, from the guy who made The River! mini/bigsmile

vik wrote:
Real Brick wrote:

Spoiler (click to read)

Maybe the near-death experience would be a better title.

It's funny because, that's the exact title I was going to use in the beginning, but I decided on The After Life Experience because I didn't want to give away the ending. And because it's a whole other word when abbreviated! (T. A. L. E.) mini/tongue

Thanks, guys!!

GREAT movie!
The animation was fluid and is an original history. Good montage. Well done, man.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8545/28902888022_9f0ab167b0_m.jpg

Looks like I forgot to review this one in my previous post.
I liked it, the animation was great as always, I liked how you simply took a yellow stud and made it look like an egg. Good job on the lightning too.
The story I liked also, but I don't know why, it felt kind of familiar like it had been done before. I can't give you an example where it might have been done before or anything, it just felt familiar for some reason.

4/5

vik wrote:

Looks like I forgot to review this one in my previous post.
I liked it, the animation was great as always, I liked how you simply took a yellow stud and made it look like an egg. Good job on the lightning too.
The story I liked also, but I don't know why, it felt kind of familiar like it had been done before. I can't give you an example where it might have been done before or anything, it just felt familiar for some reason.

4/5

I think that has something to do with the pace. But I'm not sure, I know what you mean though.
Thanks, everyone. mini/smile

Great work. I think this is gonna be close between you, Nick Durron and Mindgame.
Also, well done on the trailer, it deserved to win. mini/wink

The afterlife itself seemed rather generic and uninspired to me, but I was surprised by the ending. The editing really sold that part. Nice work.

A pretty good idea with a smooth animation, and a great end! But, the rain at the end is pretty bad, and
the film would have benefited from being longer (6 or 7 minutes), but I know there was the deadline.
4/5!

Riley wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

And exactly how do you wait for the ambulance, get into an ambulance, go to the hospital, get hooked up to the machines, and get the electric paddles in under 10 minutes. And even if you did survive, you would probably have lost a vast majority of your memories.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

I can't say I enjoyed this film. I didn't find it to be entertaining, so I tried to find some sort of meaning or message you were trying to say, but I couldn't find anything. Really, it was just a simple adventure of a guy going to the afterlife, and just as we were beginning to see what this interesting world has to offer, it was taken away from us before it reached its full potential. I know this will sound harsh, but I don't know what the point of this film is.

Then again, I've always preferred character-driver films over plot-driven ones, so maybe I'm just alone with this opinion.

I did find some positive aspects, though. I liked the lighting and animation, and the editing was really well done, especially at the end. Unfortunately, the technical qualities weren't good enough to make me forgive some of it's poorer aspects.

I loved it. Not the best I've seen, for the camera quality and spec effects wern't prefect. But it is better than anything I could ever do, and the story was very strange, but good.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Real Brick wrote:
Riley wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

And exactly how do you wait for the ambulance, get into an ambulance, go to the hospital, get hooked up to the machines, and get the electric paddles in under 10 minutes. And even if you did survive, you would probably have lost a vast majority of your memories.

It's possible, and there's still suspention of disbelief. I mean it is a film. Not sure how the comment about memoryloss is relevant here, if that's even true.

Last edited by Pillow (July 28, 2010 (10:23am))

nice

I can't brickfilm for now. See you guys later.

I just peed my pants. That was incredible!

I loved how you made the heaven and uhh the other place:lol:  great animation but it could have been a little better so overall i guess i would give it a 7