Topic: IE Compatibility

I'm sick of people complaining about not being able to find the PM function or the search thing, so I think the site should be made compatible with internet explorer, it was stupid not to make it compatible in the first place really considering a large amount of internet users still use IE.

Re: IE Compatibility

I completely agree. I use Firefox, so I can use the site easily. But There is too much trouble being caused due to new members using IE and not understanding why it's not working correctly for them. I tried using the site on IE once on my other computer, I had to highlight all the writing and there was no PM box, and many things were missing from the top bar. That in itself is enough to cause a new member saying "How do I find my PMs?" all over the forums. Things would be so much easier with Internet Explorer compatibility.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

We've already agreed that IE6 is out, compatibility-wise. I'm not sure what the deal with IE7 compatibility. IE8 should work fine, as it is finally somewhat standards compliant.

Wasn't there sort of a press release from microsoft saying not to use IE because of a HUGE security gap?

Can't make it work?  Download IE8, firefox, safari, or chrome.  Schlaeps shouldn't hage to re-program the site to work for a few users who could go and download a better web browser.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

I remember Schlaeps saying that it would take a lot of effort and time to make the site IE-compatible. If it was easy to do it, he would've done it. Anyway, like Aled and LegosJedi have said, IE8 should be better, and when that comes out those foolish IE-fanboys will stop asking why the site is messed up.

LegoShark wrote:

Can't make it work?  Download IE8, firefox, safari, or chrome.  Schlaeps shouldn't hage to re-program the site to work for a few users who could go and download a better web browser.

A few users? doesn't something like %50 of internet users use IE? Also, Microsoft released a patch fairly quickly for the security issue.