Topic: newbie needs help!

mini/confused hi i'm roblego2 and i'm new so I was wondering if you could give me some tips?thanks you can see my first stop motions on youtube (lego city fire,the computer)to give me some feedback.

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

Re: newbie needs help!

welcome to bricksinmotion roblego2

if you need tips then i suggest you be more specific on what kinda tips you want

animtion

effects

etc

you know that kinda stuff otherwise i would suggest practicing because the more you do it, you will literly not be able to suck 

lol enjoy your stay mini/bigsmile

Welcome to Bricks in Motion, roblego2! \o/ \o/ \o/

First of all, as silents429 pointed out, you need to be more specific in order for us to be able to give you tips. On top of that, even using the keywords you provided I found tons of videos on YouTube that probably aren't yours, so a link to your channel would be handy.

In general though, remember that practice makes perfect and patience is one of a brickfilmer's greatest virtues.

I watched your films, and what I can tell from them is that you are using a camera/camcorder with auto -focusing, and you are filming on the floor.

Well to begin, you need to find a flat surface(table,desk,etc. etc., preferably against a wall. You could also tape a blue/green screen to the wall behind your set.

You need two or more lamps to get some good lighting, desk lamps that can bend are fine. Use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMR9YxHAXcw]this video to help you get some nice lighting.

I also recommend getting a web cam, or a camera that can hook up to your computer. Also make sure it has MANUAL FOCUS, this feature will let you focus in on whatever is going on in your film, so it's not blurry.

After all that is done, I recommend getting a frame capture program, Monkeyjam and Helium Frog are both free, but if you are willing to spend some money, Stop Motion Pro is pretty good. A frame capture program will help you take pictures with your web cam/camera from the computer. But it only works if your camera is hooked up to your computer.

Finally, to get better at your animation, PRACTICE!

Michael wrote:

I watched your films, and what I can tell from them is that you are using a camera/camcorder with auto -focusing, and you are filming on the floor.

Well to begin, you need to find a flat surface(table,desk,etc. etc., preferably against a wall. You could also tape a blue/green screen to the wall behind your set.

You need two or more lamps to get some good lighting, desk lamps that can bend are fine. Use http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMR9YxHAXcw]this video to help you get some nice lighting.

I also recommend getting a web cam, or a camera that can hook up to your computer. Also make sure it has MANUAL FOCUS, this feature will let you focus in on whatever is going on in your film, so it's not blurry.

After all that is done, I recommend getting a frame capture program, Monkeyjam and Helium Frog are both free, but if you are willing to spend some money, Stop Motion Pro is pretty good. A frame capture program will help you take pictures with your web cam/camera from the computer. But it only works if your camera is hooked up to your computer.

Finally, to get better at your animation, PRACTICE!

alot of that you will need later on in your animation but since your starting out go simple watch some things on youtube that would help other wise have fun

thanks guys youve really helped ive got a webcam and have downloaded
monkeyjam so im all good:D just I need a idea for my first GOOD lego
stop motion!thanks again,
                                       Roblego2

Hello BiM! Not making a comeback but may surf the forums time to time

- www.spankthatdalek.tumblr.com -

You could do a brick film about a sad side kick that always lives in his super hero buddies shadow. and he finaly gets tired of it and goes bad..It's just a thought

frag master wrote:

You could do a brick film about a sad side kick that always lives in his super hero buddies shadow. and he finaly gets tired of it and goes bad..It's just a thought

frag master, please don't bump old threads. The last post on this was in August.

http://i.imgur.com/Q9NCUnx.png